Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronco

I think Creggan will be a very different proposition this time round. They shot themselves in the foot two years ago with Madden's ridiculous ultra-defensive setup.

Cargin have the better footballers but as we saw with St Galls this year, there comes a point when that's not enough. Eventually the younger legs can bridge the gap.

I wouldn't like to call it but I'd give Creggan more of a chance than the bookies do.

123Bigball

Both teams were very defensive that day as Tomas said last week in his interview.i think creggan kicked near 14 wide's that day and missed a series of what looked like scorable frees. Cargin seemed to retreat alot against LD and happy to try hit them on the break. Had serious numbers back at times. I think big pitch like pg1 will make this a different game.

Calm Down

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 14, 2020, 05:15:01 PM

I have no problem accepting that at all, I have never once questioned your integrity nor you amplitude to be honest.

Amplitude??
[/quote]

Apologies I clearly meant 'aptitude'

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Bronco on September 14, 2020, 11:31:44 AM
I'd be very surprised if there was a rescinded statement, how do you clearly see a headbutt, sure enough to alert the referee, and then later backtrack and say you were mistaken?

But the video is clear, nothing hapoened. That combined with multiple impartial eyewitness testimony should be enough to ensure justice prevails.

Quote from: Calm Down on September 14, 2020, 11:03:19 AM
Quote from: 123Bigball on September 14, 2020, 10:59:11 AM
Then the appeals process should be handy.

Agree, Sean Kelly has been superb and coverage of games online has been great. Great to see hurling on tg4 yesterday. Saffron Gael top notch as always.

County panel back training this week, wonder will any new faces be added to squad after club championship performances

Can it really be that handy if a qualified official has alerted the referee to what he has seen, surely it would take footage to show it didn't happen or a rescinded statement from Jarlath?

Sean Kelly is doing far more for our games in Antrim than a lot of committees over the year
The video is clear because the camera was looking at the other melee over on the far right hand side you absolute gobshite. Mccann and herron were in the melee out of picture...
Both were sent off because they obviously warranted a straight red for one reason or another, and mccann should be suspended for the final. Although as its antrim and its cargin, i wouldnt be surprised if he got off.

GiveItToTheShooters

I assume you were standing with Cargin ones  ;D
The camera showed a different melee to the one Mccann was involved in. Do try to keep up.

paddyjohn

Milltown Row2

Was there tickets available for neutrals at these games? I'd have thought with demand so high it would have been a draw within the club?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Bronco on September 14, 2020, 08:24:48 PM
You assume wrong. Unlike you I have no bias on this incident. I don't need to keep up, I saw it with my own eyes. You weren't there, so take your slabbering elsewhere.
Youve yapped all night regarding the integrity of officials, who saw reason to send players off, so you clearly are bothered ;D
Didn't need to be there, the game was streamed. As you were there, that would suggest you are a either a member of Cargin or LD, or got a ticket from a member of these clubs, which would explain your biased and ill-informed views on the matter.

Bronco

One of many possible explanations hardstation. Yer man there is all heat and no light so I'll leave him to his bluster.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Peter john on September 14, 2020, 10:01:35 PM
Any chance off them playing in different kits for the senior final,clash off jerseys

Cargins away kit is best I've seen!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2020, 10:05:50 PM
Any chance off them playing in different kits for the senior final,clash off jerseys

The black one? That is pretty tasty

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on September 14, 2020, 10:15:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2020, 10:05:50 PM

The black one? That is pretty tasty

Yes, great design

BrendanAntrim

On a related note, there was an email issued to clubs today regarding verbal abuse of referees and I think it is timely. The abuse of refs from players and sidelines is way beyond acceptable. It a wholesale thing now, even in juvenile games. There is no short term answer but the old 'give respect / get respect' isn't cutting it these days.

Calm Down

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 14, 2020, 10:31:53 PM
On a related note, there was an email issued to clubs today regarding verbal abuse of referees and I think it is timely. The abuse of refs from players and sidelines is way beyond acceptable. It a wholesale thing now, even in juvenile games. There is no short term answer but the old 'give respect / get respect' isn't cutting it these days.

Brendan would be interested in seeing the tact being taken, do you happen to have the text of the email?

BrendanAntrim

Your club secretary will have it.