Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: MayoBuck on October 02, 2018, 08:53:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 02, 2018, 05:39:32 PM
Also the idea that Paddy Durcan is half the defender Colm Boyle was at his best is laughable. Good on the front foot, arm flailing liability when asked to defend.

Where are you getting that from?! Paddy is an excellent man marker and is usually matched against one of the best opposition forwards.

You've been watching a different Durcan to the rest of us. I think he's very talented but he reminds me of a Roscommon back - lovely going forward, missing when ran at. Lots of time for him to learn but if you think in 2018 bribes close to being Colm Boyle at his best, no chance.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Syferus on October 02, 2018, 08:59:46 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on October 02, 2018, 08:53:36 PM
Also the idea that Paddy Durcan is half the defender Colm Boyle was at his best is laughable. Good on the front foot, arm flailing liability when asked to defend.

Where are you getting that from?! Paddy is an excellent man marker and is usually matched against one of the best opposition forwards.

You've been watching a different Durcan to the rest of us. I think he's very talented but he reminds me of a Roscommon back - lovely going forward, missing when ran at. Lots of time for him to learn but if you think in 2018 bribes close to being Colm Boyle at his best, no chance.

Missing when ran at? When was this exactly?

He has marked the likes of Kevin McManamon and Paddy Andrews in the past and kept them scoreless. Even this year he was given the job of marking Shane Walsh and Michael Quinlivan which shows the regard he's held.

IolarCoisCuain

Higgins is so replaceable Rochford had to beg him to come back after spending the spring with the hurlers and immediately started. Stop lying through your teeth.

When would you say Colm Boyle was at his best Syf? What were the particular qualities that cause you to rate him so highly over that span?

larryin89

Colm Boyle is no great shakes at man marking , not sure how you can throw that out as part of your argument , lost his man for the Galway goal this year is a prime example.

Can you give me some specifics where Paddy got caught out in his defensive duties.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

criostlinn

Im just gonna throw this in here. A lot of us have this clown on ignore but when people keep quoting and answering the gobshite it makes the ignore button useless. Will ye please for the sake of this board just ignore the idiot

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: criostlinn on October 02, 2018, 11:43:56 PM
Im just gonna throw this in here. A lot of us have this clown on ignore but when people keep quoting and answering the gobshite it makes the ignore button useless. Will ye please for the sake of this board just ignore the idiot
What he said
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

larryin89

Horan should be ratified tonight , expect it will be announced tomorrow morning . No ideawho is on his backroom team. Hope ta f**k Barry Solan stays on anyway

iorras

Quote from: criostlinn on October 02, 2018, 11:43:56 PM
Good idea, done

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: larryin89 on October 04, 2018, 10:26:39 AM
Horan should be ratified tonight , expect it will be announced tomorrow morning . No ideawho is on his backroom team. Hope ta f**k Barry Solan stays on anyway

Trainer: Daniel Forde
S & C  : Conor Finn
Physio : John Courell
Selctors : TBC

(as per whatsapp rumour doing the rounds)

larryin89

Who is Conor Finn , is he an aghamore man ?

Geoff Tipps

larryin89

Manning18

Quote from: larryin89 on October 04, 2018, 05:53:42 PM
Ciaran Mac , we are back.

Yet another indication that this all seems a bit of a circus this time round

From the Bunker

Quote from: Manning18 on October 04, 2018, 06:05:58 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on October 04, 2018, 05:53:42 PM
Ciaran Mac , we are back.

Yet another indication that this all seems a bit of a circus this time round

Ah, Season tickets have to be sold for entrap supporters to attend super 8 games!