Jamie Clarke could be set for a move to Major League Soccer

Started by From the Bunker, August 31, 2016, 06:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

This has made zero impact in terms of Paddypower's odds of Armagh winning Division 3 - were 2/1 (along with Tipp) a week ago and are the same today.

Myself I'd be favouring Tipp.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

Irrelevant gossip. We'll be doing feck all next year, with or without Clarke.

heganboy

Jamie may well be the only one with a bit of common sense treating this like the amateur game it is
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on November 29, 2016, 05:58:55 PM
Jamie may well be the only one with a bit of common sense treating this like the amateur game it is

He is giving the game what he thinks his time is worth, he is correct in doing so for him, if it were me I would have given anything to be as good as him back in the day, nowadays, not so much.

I think,Jamie Clarke is his own man and I admire his ability to make his own decisions no matter how unfair the emotional Armagh fan in me feels, the man has a right to do his own thing and in my view he is wise beyond his years.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Jinxy

It's worth noting that Straffan is the coffee capital of Kildare.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyCake

Stevie McDonnell digging at Jamie today in Irish News.

I think Stevie was obsessed with his football. Jamie obviously isn't. Nothing wrong with that.

Syferus

Jamie has always been up front about this stuff. He's never led people on. If he decides to come back it will be because he wants to and Armagh will be a lot better off with a Jamie Clarke who's looking forward to the season ahead rather than wishing he was abroad.

T Fearon

As Stevie says he's 27,time to wise up.He has a maximum of 5 years left.Time to confiscate his passport and suntan lotion,and for him to give his all for his County for the next five years.

No wides

Over 90 called to Armagh trails - 45 turned up - squad 45, says it all - no one wants to play for McGeeney - Jamie shouldn't go near it, McGeeney should stick to UFC!

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on December 02, 2016, 06:25:42 AM
As Stevie says he's 27,time to wise up.He has a maximum of 5 years left.Time to confiscate his passport and suntan lotion,and for him to give his all for his County for the next five years.

But that's like forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do. Telling him he should put his life on hold for 5 years, running his shite out, living like a monk, would be enough for some players to say...you know what, shove your football up yer hole! I have a life to live.

While I'd like to see Jamie line out for Armagh, I think he has a positive outlook to football in this ultra-competitive, all-consuming era of the game.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

if Armagh don't want Jamie, could he not declare for Monaghan, probably his spiritual home?
There's so much negativity and hostility towards the talented, free spirited Jamie who merely wanted to explore and experience life outside the narrow minded box.
We understand and respect the free spirit, the pioneer spirit, the spirit of a man who yearned for freedom, to escape from the darkness.

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on December 02, 2016, 11:32:11 AM
if Armagh don't want Jamie, could he not declare for Monaghan, probably his spiritual home?
There's so much negativity and hostility towards the talented, free spirited Jamie who merely wanted to explore and experience life outside the narrow minded box.
We understand and respect the free spirit, the pioneer spirit, the spirit of a man who yearned for freedom, to escape from the darkness.

if he wants to play again I will welcome him back with open arms

OgraAnDun

Quote from: BennyCake on December 02, 2016, 09:48:52 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 02, 2016, 06:25:42 AM

But that's like forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do. Telling him he should put his life on hold for 5 years, running his shite out, living like a monk, would be enough for some players to say...you know what, shove your football up yer hole! I have a life to live.

While I'd like to see Jamie line out for Armagh, I think he has a positive outlook to football in this ultra-competitive, all-consuming era of the game.

Totally agree, and the sooner this era is over the better. Will hopefully put an end to a lot of what's wrong with the game.