The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: stew on December 01, 2016, 12:38:42 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 01, 2016, 12:00:24 AM
Like any such agreement, there were pros and cons. Some benefited, some suffered. On the whole, the US has benefited.

What do you think will happen to US exports if Trump starts trade wars?

The US has benefited on the whole.................) You jest!

I have no time for Trump, that said I think he will be an excellent man to negotiate much better trade deals for the USA, that is his brief, sadly Ireland will probably suffer a bit but that is not his problem is it.

Wait and see, I am constantly amazed on this site, people here have sage wisdom, they know what Trump is going to do and how it is going to go before he takes the oath of office, hardly anyone can sit on their hands and take a wait and see approach, shame that, maybe their liberal bias is working overtime, ho knows, who cares, I am going to wait and see and I am going to wish him all the best, he cannot be any worse than Obama and Clinton!

Stew Trump is not a trade negotiator. He is the hurler on the ditch who became president 
America is a lady in her 50s who looks beautiful in fading light. Trump has decided to grab her by the Pussy.  A New sitcom that will run for 4 years. Trump thinks he can f**k her back to life . But she has some terrible secrets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXaY39o2S8

HiMucker

Quote from: seafoid on December 01, 2016, 04:35:36 AM
Like any such agreement, there were pros and cons. Some benefited, some suffered. On the whole, the US has benefited.

I have no time for Trump, that said I think he will be an excellent man to negotiate much better trade deals for the USA, that is his brief, sadly Ireland will probably suffer a bit but that is not his problem is it.

Wait and see, I am constantly amazed on this site, people here have sage wisdom, they know what Trump is going to do and how it is going to go before he takes the oath of office, hardly anyone can sit on their hands and take a wait and see approach, shame that, maybe their liberal bias is working overtime, ho knows, who cares, I am going to wait and see and I am going to wish him all the best, he cannot be any worse than Obama and Clinton!

Stew Trump is not a trade negotiator. He is the hurler on the ditch who became president 
America is a lady in her 50s who looks beautiful in fading light. Trump has decided to grab her by the Pussy.  A New sitcom that will run for 4 years. Trump thinks he can f**k her back to life . But she has some terrible secrets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXaY39o2S8
;D Very good

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 01, 2016, 12:44:14 AM

Maybe they listened to him?

Maybe they are still listening to him??

If they had listened to him, truly listened to him they would have figured like I did he is well versed in flip flopping already, you cannot take any of them at their word.7
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Seamus

George Soros's criminal days are coming to an end, expect a few last kicks out of him, Obama finally grew a pair with the help of his new friends.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

gallsman

Breitbart declares war on Kellogg's.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/nov/30/breitbart-news-kelloggs-advertising-boycott-alt-right

"If you serve Kellogg's products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table."

screenexile

So Trump kept a few hundred jobs in Indiana by threatening to tax Carrier when they try to sell their Air Conditioning units back into the US. . .

No wait. Instead of playing tough with these CEO's he actually bent over to offer them tax incentives to keep "some" of the workforce in the US while 1300 US Jobs are going to Mexico anyway!!

I wonder if any of the big US CEO's will try and do the same??!!

Declan

Was going to put this in the WTF thread

President-elect Donald Trump likes to put forward lies and outlandish conspiracy theories as though they were statements of fact.

One of his most loyal surrogates offered a puzzling defense of this on Thursday, arguing that even Trump's most pernicious statements aren't really lies,because facts themselves no longer exist.

"One thing that's been interesting this entire campaign season to watch is that people that say facts are facts. They're not really facts," Trump surrogate Scottie Nell Hughes said on "The Diane Rehm Show" on NPR. "It's kind of like looking at ratings or looking at a glass of half-full water. Everybody has a way of interpreting them to be the truth or not true. There's no such thing, unfortunately, anymore as facts."

Hughes, a political commentator and former talk radio producer, was responding to criticism of Trump's recent claim that millions of people voted illegally in November's presidential election. Trump provided no evidence to support this assertion, and there's no sign that any such evidence actually exists.

Hughes also denounced journalists for critically reporting on Trump's lies, saying that the president-elect likes social media because it allows him to "accurately" communicate with voters.

Her comments left the show's other guests ― a group of journalists ― stunned.

"First, I got to pick my jaw up off the floor here," Politico's Glenn Thrush told Hughes. "Facts are facts. I'm sorry you don't like the facts."

seafoid

Quote from: Declan on December 02, 2016, 08:21:56 AM

President-elect Donald Trump likes to put forward lies and outlandish conspiracy theories as though they were statements of fact.

One of his most loyal surrogates offered a puzzling defense of this on Thursday, arguing that even Trump's most pernicious statements aren't really lies,because facts themselves no longer exist.

"One thing that's been interesting this entire campaign season to watch is that people that say facts are facts. They're not really facts," Trump surrogate Scottie Nell Hughes said on "The Diane Rehm Show" on NPR. "It's kind of like looking at ratings or looking at a glass of half-full water. Everybody has a way of interpreting them to be the truth or not true. There's no such thing, unfortunately, anymore as facts."

Hughes, a political commentator and former talk radio producer, was responding to criticism of Trump's recent claim that millions of people voted illegally in November's presidential election. Trump provided no evidence to support this assertion, and there's no sign that any such evidence actually exists.

Hughes also denounced journalists for critically reporting on Trump's lies, saying that the president-elect likes social media because it allows him to "accurately" communicate with voters.

"First, I got to pick my jaw up off the floor here," Politico's Glenn Thrush told Hughes. "Facts are facts. I'm sorry you don't like the facts."
Trump is wall to wall bullshit . Clearing the swamp for Goldman Sachs.  Serving people with tax cuts for the rich. 

Kickham csc

Quote from: screenexile on December 01, 2016, 04:25:46 PM
So Trump kept a few hundred jobs in Indiana by threatening to tax Carrier when they try to sell their Air Conditioning units back into the US. . .

No wait. Instead of playing tough with these CEO's he actually bent over to offer them tax incentives to keep "some" of the workforce in the US while 1300 US Jobs are going to Mexico anyway!!

The tax incentives is the fundamental issue for job creation.
Democrats want to tax corporations at a higher rate than republicans to fund fed. / state programs and benefits. foreign nations which funds fed. Republicans believe that if you create favorable conditions by lowering corp tax, companies will be incentivized to locate / remain in the US, thus creating jobs, and taking a burden off the benefits programs ,

For example, US 'v' Mexico manufacturing. Us has a higher tax and Mexico can supply a cheaper fork force, all supported by trade deals endorced by Washington. This leads to the draining of US jobs to low cost countries to maintain or improve gross profits.

The republican strategy of countering this is lowering corp tax for companies who keep jobs in the US, or impose increases in import tax. Once it becomes financial beneficial to remain in the US, business will make that decision.

This is a sign of where the Trump presidency is heading, which might be a big issue for Ireland

heganboy

QuoteRepublicans believe that if you create favorable conditions by lowering corp tax, companies will be incentivized to locate / remain in the US, thus creating jobs, and taking a burden off the benefits programs ,

Believing does not make it so.

Mathematics and evidence on the other hand would point to the fact that (ceteris paribus) lowering of corporate tax rates does one thing and one thing only. Lowers corporate tax revenue.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: Kickham csc on December 02, 2016, 10:33:20 AM

Democrats want to tax corporations at a higher rate than republicans to fund fed. / state programs and benefits. foreign nations which funds fed. Republicans believe that if you create favorable conditions by lowering corp tax, companies will be incentivized to locate / remain in the US, thus creating jobs, and taking a burden off the benefits programs ,

For example, US 'v' Mexico manufacturing. Us has a higher tax and Mexico can supply a cheaper fork force, all supported by trade deals endorced by Washington. This leads to the draining of US jobs to low cost countries to maintain or improve gross profits.

The republican strategy of countering this is lowering corp tax for companies who keep jobs in the US, or impose increases in import tax. Once it becomes financial beneficial to remain in the US, business will make that decision.

This is a sign of where the Trump presidency is heading, which might be a big issue for Ireland

How low will the tax have to go to make it financially beneficial to forgo cheaper materials, labour and transport costs abroad? What will this do for consumer prices in the US, especially if tariffs are increased?

J70

Quote from: Declan on December 02, 2016, 08:21:56 AM

This is the party (and especially the politician/leader) that rejects climate change and evolution and embraces gay conversion therapy and conspiracy theories in general.

Is anyone really surprised that his spokesperson would say something like this?

seafoid

Tax cuts will go straight to shareholders just as low interest rates did.
Everyone in the Trump cabinet is a shill for the ultra rich

screenexile

He's right to a certain extent... people or the people who vote for Tump/Brexit don't care whether something is true or false if they like the sound of it they will vote for it.

Look at the wall, £350m a week to the NHS (Davies has now said they will pay back into the EU again for single market access, what a clusterfuck), Hillary going to jail.

They all lapped it up at the time but now it has served its purpose these facts will be thrown on the scrap heap safe in the knowledge that the people who voted for it can now do nothing about it!

omochain

Quote from: Kickham csc on December 02, 2016, 10:33:20 AM

The Republican's have pushing lower taxes as a job creator for over 30 years. It has only worked to create income disparity. When rich people get more money they either save it or spend it on trips to Monte Carlo. Neither does anything to create jobs in the US. Demand creates jobs and transferring wealth to poor and middle income families will increase spending power here in the US which will increase demand. So a massive Infrastructure spend in the US paid for by a tax increase on the wealthy would get the economy galloping. Obama waned to do both but was blocked at every turn by Senate and House republicans.