Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 05:11:20 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 24, 2016, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 12:54:13 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 05:19:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:17:50 PM
Late to the party, been a bit busy. Loving Donald Trumps picks so far. The right men in place to start getting the country back on track after the last 8 years of pandering by Obama. Clinton failing to be elected is another blot on his legacy. Hopefully he will now fade into obscurity but I'm sure he'll be on "Dancing with the Stars" in a few years time.

Delighted that real americans finally woke up to what has been happening in their lands. That said I hope Trump does become a president that rules with a level of fair play for all.

CNN commentators seething at the result is an added bonus. They can't handle the fact that Hillary lost. Priceless.

Yeah, figured you'd like Sessions and Bannon and those types.

You figured right ;)

Well, at least you're openly and proudly embracing it.  ;)

Just to clarify - Conservatives. I didn't read into what you were alluding to.

So you're hesitating on the likes of Sessions and Bannon then?

Where did I say I was hesitating? I clarified my statement.

So men like Bannon are conservatives you're happy to see appointed.

Obviously you want people who are successful in your cabinet. He helped beat the Democrats so he must have something to offer.

So his tenure promoting the alt-right point of view at Breitbart is just fine with you?

Donna Brazile is still chairperson of the DNC. Are you ok with that?

No, she should be gone.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 25, 2016, 06:22:05 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 04:54:20 PM
What happens when all these working class whites everyone is venerating discover that Trump and the GOP were/are full of shit, and the jobs lost to automation are not magically coming back, their roofers and landscapers still speak Spanish, gays can still walk the streets with impunity, blacks are not going to resume being quiet about racism, healthcare is still expensive, and the GOP only really cares about tax-cuts for the rich, loosening the reins on Wall Street?

That's quite enough about Obama's policies :D
You wonder why they voted Trump?

Well, I see nothing wrong with Spanish speakers working in my midst or gay couples out in the park with their kids or black people saying they're not taking this shit anymore. I'm bringing my kids up in NYC, where they go to school with kids of all races and know people who are gay.

Healthcare is a big problem, but its one decades in the making. At the very least, Obama increased, dramatically, the number with access to it, and would done even more but for petty, GOP obstruction. Its up to Trump and Ryan now to put their money where their mouth is when it comes to healthcare. Similarly for all those coal jobs which have been disappearing due to economics, and the factory jobs due to automation and globalization.

One suspects that reality is going to be quite the slap in the face, assuming they're even going to focus on those issues. Schumer should just let them at it.

Which is why it is very foolish, in my opinion, to write off the Democrats, especially when the raw numbers are still in their favour. The electoral college and gerrymandering give the GOP a current advantage, but that won't last forever.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on November 25, 2016, 05:20:50 PM

I guess the GOP can still fall back on "they're coming for your guns", but sooner or later some sense has to prevail. THEY have to put their money where their mouth is and govern, after all.

13,000 gun deaths in the USA every year, and the NRA is one of the most powerful lobby groups in the USA.

Somebody should set up the National Suicide Bombing Belt Association (NSBBA) and turn it into a powerful lobby group - somebody needs to lobby for the owners of suicide bombing belts.

If US citizens should have the right to carry a gun, they should have the right to wear a suicide bombing belt too.

Suicide bombing belts don't kill people, people do!

And just like nuclear weapons, they can only be ever used on the principle of MAD (mutually assured destruction), so are much safer than guns in ensuring the safety of the populace.

I look forward to mature, civilised political discourse on this between open carry and closed carry proponents of suicide bombing belts.

But one thing's for sure - only from the cold, dead hands* of a suicide bombing belt owner, will that suicide bombing belt be taken away.

To freedom!

*Likely lying 50 feet away from the rest of their body.

Sid I despise the NRA, that said I have to let you know that in all fairness liberals have taken their blood money too, the republicans are far worse in this case but your attempt at humour here is, well, tacky!

I take no joy in Trump wnning this election but to another's point it is enjoyable to watch liberals such as the likes of you squirm, keep it up mucker, I think I love ya kid. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 06:23:55 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 25, 2016, 06:18:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 11:42:41 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 24, 2016, 08:51:44 PM
Late to the party, been a bit busy. Loving Donald Trumps picks so far. The right men in place to start getting the country back on track after the last 8 years of pandering by Obama. Clinton failing to be elected is another blot on his legacy. Hopefully he will now fade into obscurity but I'm sure he'll be on "Dancing with the Stars" in a few years time.

Delighted that real americans finally woke up to what has been happening in their lands. That said I hope Trump does become a president that rules with a level of fair play for all.

CNN commentators seething at the result is an added bonus. They can't handle the fact that Hillary lost. Priceless.

You figured right ;)

Obviously you want people who are successful in your cabinet. He helped beat the Democrats so he must have something to offer.

So his tenure promoting the alt-right point of view at Breitbart is just fine with you?

No, she should be gone.

Nope - she's still there as head of the Democrats.

"We're not going to let the white boys win."

Lovely woman. I bet you're okay with that sentiment though.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 25, 2016, 06:43:43 PM

I guess the GOP can still fall back on "they're coming for your guns", but sooner or later some sense has to prevail. THEY have to put their money where their mouth is and govern, after all.

13,000 gun deaths in the USA every year, and the NRA is one of the most powerful lobby groups in the USA.

Somebody should set up the National Suicide Bombing Belt Association (NSBBA) and turn it into a powerful lobby group - somebody needs to lobby for the owners of suicide bombing belts.

If US citizens should have the right to carry a gun, they should have the right to wear a suicide bombing belt too.

And just like nuclear weapons, they can only be ever used on the principle of MAD (mutually assured destruction), so are much safer than guns in ensuring the safety of the populace.

I look forward to mature, civilised political discourse on this between open carry and closed carry proponents of suicide bombing belts.

But one thing's for sure - only from the cold, dead hands* of a suicide bombing belt owner, will that suicide bombing belt be taken away.

To freedom!

Sid I despise the NRA, that said I have to let you know that in all fairness liberals have taken their blood money too, the republicans are far worse in this case but your attempt at humour here is, well, tacky!

I take no joy in Trump wnning this election but to another's point it is enjoyable to watch liberals such as the likes of you squirm, keep it up mucker, I think I love ya kid. )

This is having it both ways Stew.

'I don't like Trump...but...'

Because there is always a 'but'.

Trump offered nothing in terms of policy, because he didn't need to. He played brilliantly to people's hidden prejudices, hates, phobias and most of all to their ignorance.

I think the GOP are going have as much difficulty dealing with him as the Democrats will.

This narcissist won't be following any party line.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 25, 2016, 06:50:28 PM

You figured right ;)

No, she should be gone.

In the context in which she said it, I'm absolutely ok with it:

"She [Brazile] is in that perilous and burdensome position of being a "first," and she both fights the symbolism and embraces the position. The last reason Gore chose her, she says, was her race and gender. But the reality is that in this world, the only time race and gender don't matter is . . . never.

"A black female in America is the most invisible object in the world," Brazile says. She will not let the "white boys" win. And that's not a description of "gender or race, it's an attitude. A white-boy attitude is 'I must exclude, denigrate and leave behind,'" Brazile says. "They don't see it or think about it. It's a culture." It is the sense of utter entitlement. And that she will not have."

Now, how about Bannon's alt-right opinions? You've been dodging it for long enough.

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on November 25, 2016, 06:43:43 PM

To freedom!

I'd be very worried if people like you liked my humour, mate.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 06:59:23 PM

You figured right ;)

No, she should be gone.

"She [Brazile] is in that perilous and burdensome position of being a "first," and she both fights the symbolism and embraces the position. The last reason Gore chose her, she says, was her race and gender. But the reality is that in this world, the only time race and gender don't matter is . . . never.

"A black female in America is the most invisible object in the world," Brazile says. She will not let the "white boys" win. And that's not a description of "gender or race, it's an attitude. A white-boy attitude is 'I must exclude, denigrate and leave behind,'" Brazile says. "They don't see it or think about it. It's a culture." It is the sense of utter entitlement. And that she will not have."

Now, how about Bannon's alt-right opinions? You've been dodging it for long enough.

So you're condoning a racist while on the other hand having meltdowns about Bannon? Hypocritical no?
Whatever Bannon has said previously in a prvate non-government capacity is a lot different to the position he is in now. If he acts incorrectly he will be held to account.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 25, 2016, 09:44:13 PM

You figured right ;)

No, she should be gone.

So you're condoning a racist while on the other hand having meltdowns about Bannon? Hypocritical no?
Whatever Bannon has said previously in a prvate non-government capacity is a lot different to the position he is in now. If he acts incorrectly he will be held to account.

Did you read the WP actual article in which she is quoted? She is talking about OVERCOMING prejudice. How does that make her a racist?

Bannon is on record as saying he made Breitbart a mouthpiece for the alt-right. Whether or not he personally believes in all of their repugnant views, he's mainstreaming them and harnessed them to elect Trump.

Here is Ben Shapiro, a former Breitbart star and no friend of liberalism, on the subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/gist/2016/11/ben_shapiro_on_steve_bannon_the_alt_right_and_why_the_left_needs_to_turn.html

sid waddell

All this multi-quoting is reminding me of the wallpaper in the snooker club I used to frequent when I was younger.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 10:04:32 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 25, 2016, 09:44:13 PM

You figured right ;)

No, she should be gone.

Did you read the WP actual article in which she is quoted? She is talking about OVERCOMING prejudice. How does that make her a racist?

Bannon is on record as saying he made Breitbart a mouthpiece for the alt-right. Whether or not he personally believes in all of their repugnant views, he's mainstreaming them and harnessed them to elect Trump.

Here is Ben Shapiro, a former Breitbart star and no friend of liberalism, on the subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/gist/2016/11/ben_shapiro_on_steve_bannon_the_alt_right_and_why_the_left_needs_to_turn.html

Overcoming me hole. She spews it if you ever listen to her. Her and her CNN pals (before she got sacked) brainwashing people and perpetuating the guilt complex.
As for your article - bannon like most people in politics find ways to get votes, even if some of these voters are less than ideal. Don't people like you still vote democrat even though Donna Brazile openly declares her hatred for you? That's a bit of a mindf*ck surely.

sid waddell

You're wasting your time trying to explain context to somebody like "foxcommander", who's either too thick to understand, or has deliberately chosen to miss the context of why any reasonable person would have a problem with Bannon and Sessions and with all the vile, pathetic, hatemongering shit Trump has said.

J70

Show where she spews her hatred for whites?

As usual, you refuse to acknowledge the real racism that black people endure and have endured. We're talking about the first woman, and a black woman at that, to run a presidential campaign, and this back in the 90s, out of the Deep South. Are you seriously telling us that racial and gender prejudice did not have to be overcome in politics, like everywhere else?

Context matters. A black woman breaking into what has been a white, male field for centuries and talking about overcoming prejudice is a hell of a lot different to trying to harness white people bitter at immigrants and minorities for doing nothing except trying to integrate and build lives in the US.

So either show us some real evidence of racism on her part or stand looking like the person you usually do when you never miss a chance to try to (invariably invalidly) accuse black people of being ungrateful, over sensitive racists.

stew

I am an avid fan of the cosmos, I love the universe and the magnificence of the place, in our part of the universe I am absolutely disgusted at Trump and his blithe denial that global warming exists, global warming is a huge concern yet the country that produces the most destructive element that hurts the planet, well, they don't give a f**k!

I love that Trump wants to go back to the moon, I hate that he wants to do it by taking environmental money and give it to NASA.

Trump is wrong on this and has to be stopped, it is going to take republicans to raol against his plans as well as every Democrat left standing, the environment is suffering and it is up to the leaders to put plans in place to save said environment!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Oraisteach