Who will win 2024 All-Ireland Football Title?

Started by Olly, March 29, 2024, 10:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHO WILL WIN 2024 ALL IRELAND FOOTBALL TITLE?

DUBLIN
36 (44.4%)
KERRY
8 (9.9%)
DERRY
19 (23.5%)
ARMAGH
13 (16%)
SOMEONE ELSE
5 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: April 05, 2024, 11:02:12 PM

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 01, 2024, 04:58:23 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2024, 02:38:35 PM3 Contenders for Sam
7 or 8 for 5 Qtr Final places.

There are two contenders for Sam - Kerry and Dublin.

I don't think Kerry are above Derry at the minute.

Too dependent on 2 Cliffords and O'Se up top.

Applesisapples

There are 3 contenders for Sam, Dublin, Derry and Kerry. Tyrone and Mayo are an outside bet. It pains me to say it but I can't see Armagh or Donegal doing it. The gap was so wide between the two finals yesterday.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 01, 2024, 06:06:51 PMThere are 3 contenders for Sam, Dublin, Derry and Kerry. Tyrone and Mayo are an outside bet. It pains me to say it but I can't see Armagh or Donegal doing it. The gap was so wide between the two finals yesterday.
Not as wide as the gap between Dublin v Tyrone in their recent meeting.

Armagh18

Dublin and Derry were on a different planet to Donegal and Armagh yesterday so going by that themselves and the Cliffords are the favourites for Sam.

However league finals will count for very little come the proper stuff so I wouldn't base everything off them.

tonto1888

Dublin will win it again. Yesterday will have galvanised and annoyed them.

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2024, 07:17:29 PMDublin will win it again. Yesterday will have galvanised and annoyed them.
Gavins Dublin yes you'd expect a big reaction and them to blow Derry away in championship.

This team isn't at that level probably a slightly better team than Derry when push comes to shove but not a million miles ahead. Think they'll still win it but Derry will run them close if they meet.

Wildweasel74

Armagh went way back from Last year, I don't know if Armagh supporters can see it, but their whole game is all about sitting very deep, it just doesnt work.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 01, 2024, 08:11:58 PMArmagh went way back from Last year, I don't know if Armagh supporters can see it, but their whole game is all about sitting very deep, it just doesnt work.
Hoping yesterday was just a bad day at the office. Lack of intensity and Donegal were able to get space in and around the D very easily which is worrying and you'd hope that won't happen come championship.

We seem to set up defensively to match defensive teams, we did it against Monaghan last year too and it really doesn't suit us. If Derry were playing Donegal they'd impose their own gameplan and take the game to them whereas we don't. We looked good for ten minutes yesterday when we took the handbrake off and played to our strengths. Chaos suits us.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 01, 2024, 08:18:39 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 01, 2024, 08:11:58 PMArmagh went way back from Last year, I don't know if Armagh supporters can see it, but their whole game is all about sitting very deep, it just doesnt work.
Hoping yesterday was just a bad day at the office. Lack of intensity and Donegal were able to get space in and around the D very easily which is worrying and you'd hope that won't happen come championship.

We seem to set up defensively to match defensive teams, we did it against Monaghan last year too and it really doesn't suit us. If Derry were playing Donegal they'd impose their own gameplan and take the game to them whereas we don't. We looked good for ten minutes yesterday when we took the handbrake off and played to our strengths. Chaos suits us.

Yesterday was a Division 2 final, once promoted this game is nothing more than a run out for most teams. Especially teams who have been in the first division recently.

Many on here were comparing it to the Division One final where there was a LEAGUE TITLE to be won. Naturally the intensity for that game would be greater.

bennydorano

Armagh have no collective balls, that is our biggest problem.

Armagh18

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 01, 2024, 10:29:08 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 01, 2024, 08:18:39 PM

Yesterday was a Division 2 final, once promoted this game is nothing more than a run out for most teams. Especially teams who have been in the first division recently.

Many on here were comparing it to the Division One final where there was a LEAGUE TITLE to be won. Naturally the intensity for that game would be greater.
Don't get that mentality at all. Theres 3 trophies at the start of the year you can win and that was one. We certainly haven't won anywhere newr enough in the last decade and a half to be turning our noses up at silverware. 

Eire90

if derry got knocked out by donegal what will derrys seeding be  is derry guarenteed pot 2 or can they go into pot 3

Applesisapples

The losing of Sundays match for Armagh was not so much their defence but rather mistakes at the other  end. Needlessly running down cut de sac's, McMullan also kicked 3 wides with no support  from the score getters. They also  turned the ball over too easy. I don't think this can be fixed but I hope to stand to be corrected. They also hit the post and missed a couple of frees/marks.

tonto1888

Quote from: Eire90 on April 02, 2024, 09:47:43 AMif derry got knocked out by donegal what will derrys seeding be  is derry guarenteed pot 2 or can they go into pot 3

Pot two is for the provincial losers I think?

weareros

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 02, 2024, 12:42:01 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on April 02, 2024, 09:47:43 AMif derry got knocked out by donegal what will derrys seeding be  is derry guarenteed pot 2 or can they go into pot 3

Pot two is for the provincial losers I think?

If same as last year:

Pot 1 - provincial winners
Pot 2 - provincial losers
Pot 3 - top 4 remaining league rankings
Pot 4 - 4 next league rankings/Tailteann Cup winner