Dark Arts in Kerry

Started by TheGreatest, March 06, 2020, 01:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

The lad's a bit aggressive alright and the conditions are horrific but I've seen that used in warm ups loads of times for a bit of craic.

Clickbait is getting worse!!

Aristo 60

Its the Kerry mammies I feel sorry for with all those extra mucky kits to wash

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on March 06, 2020, 01:56:04 PM
The lad's a bit aggressive alright and the conditions are horrific but I've seen that used in warm ups loads of times for a bit of craic.

If they were giving out awards for hypocrisy you'd do a clean sweep.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GalwayBayBoy

I mean it's a strength and cardio drill. Bit of foul language alright which probably wasn't required but it's not a church choir they are trying out for.

OTB getting increasingly sensationalist.

Captain Scarlet

Seemingky this drill is used a bit... So was the bold words that were meant to shock us or what??
Like it wasn't for broadcast...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on March 06, 2020, 02:23:24 PM

You crack me up Angelo take a day off would you... nothing to see here!!

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on March 06, 2020, 07:05:55 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 06, 2020, 02:23:24 PM

You crack me up Angelo take a day off would you... nothing to see here!!

Sweep, sweep

RedHand88

If a video surfaced of this sort of behaviour happening at Garvaghey yous would have an absolute field day lads.

We have a video of kerry lads literally practising the dark arts in a training session.

Angelo

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 06, 2020, 09:33:54 PM
If a video surfaced of this sort of behaviour happening at Garvaghey yous would have an absolute field day lads.

We have a video of kerry lads literally practising the dark arts in a training session.

Screenexile and Lenny would have their pitchforks out if it was Tyrone but it's another story entirely when it's Kerry, you'd be embarrassed for them two lads.

It's one thing being a hypocrite but debasing yourself to being a forelock tugger for a county at the opposite end of the island is something else.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on March 07, 2020, 08:47:58 AM

Screenexile and Lenny would have their pitchforks out if it was Tyrone but it's another story entirely when it's Kerry, you'd be embarrassed for them two lads.

It's one thing being a hypocrite but debasing yourself to being a forelock tugger for a county at the opposite end of the island is something else.

If you go back a few years you'd never have seen that kind of stuff at a kerry clubs training session. The game has completely changed though because of the cynicism brought in by micky harte. All other top teams have now adapted and copied some of it and it's ironic to hear tyronies whinging about the treatment to some of their players like peter harte when he plays against kerry or dublin. Tyrone brought in that cynical, win at all costs attitude into the game and when other teams use it against them it's laughable to hear the crying from them.

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on March 07, 2020, 09:04:13 AM

If you go back a few years you'd never have seen that kind of stuff at a kerry clubs training session. The game has completely changed though because of the cynicism brought in by micky harte. All other top teams have now adapted and copied some of it and it's ironic to hear tyronies whinging about the treatment to some of their players like peter harte when he plays against kerry or dublin. Tyrone brought in that cynical, win at all costs attitude into the game and when other teams use it against them it's laughable to hear the crying from them.

I know you're on the windup. There's just no way this is a serious post.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on March 07, 2020, 09:04:13 AM

We've always seen it from Kerry, Ciaran McKeever (ex Armagh) was on some podcast recently and was referencing the fact that Kerry were as cynical as they come and deliberately targeted Cathal O'Rourke in the 2000 replay and forced him off with an injury.

It's brushed over by the southern media, Kerry brought cynicism to the game, ask the Antrim team of the 40s - everyone else has been playing catch up since. Forelock tuggers like yourself and screenexile are very eager to push that narrative through as being anti-Tyrone is now more important than supporting your own county - it's embarrassing. You are more interested in Tyrone football than that in your own county.

quit yo jibbajabba

Forelock. You like that word dont you

marty34

Is this not just a training exercise lads - sort of S&C to toughen lads up. Build spirit and all that.  Only difference is they're rolling around in the muck and some clown is roaring and cursing.

Where is the dark arts?