Longford v Tyrone - Sat 22nd June - Pearse Park - 5.00pm

Started by tyroneman, June 12, 2019, 08:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: ONeill on June 16, 2019, 11:05:19 PM
Need to start Aidan McCrory at full forward.

Aidan one of the better performers against Donegal. Might be in line to replace injured Hampsey if HP McGeary hasn't recovered.

bogball88

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 17, 2019, 04:15:49 PM
Well SS,  after the last showing, esp. from the line; I'll not be going and probably won't even listen to it. There's something not quite right in the Tyrone set-up, and maybe the qualifer route will sort out some of the issues.  But overall,  too many good players are not playing for Tyrone at the minute,  for whatever reasons.  Good luck to Longford;  wouldn't be overly surprised if they sneeked it
All went pear shaped after the trip to Thailand

trailer

Quote from: bogball88 on June 17, 2019, 04:31:15 PM
Well SS,  after the last showing, esp. from the line; I'll not be going and probably won't even listen to it. There's something not quite right in the Tyrone set-up, and maybe the qualifer route will sort out some of the issues.  But overall,  too many good players are not playing for Tyrone at the minute,  for whatever reasons.  Good luck to Longford;  wouldn't be overly surprised if they sneeked it

Can you elaborate on this please? I have seen it referenced a few times but no actual information only something happened in Thailand.

tyrone08

Quote from: bogball88 on June 17, 2019, 04:31:15 PM

This must be fake news by  now. Have heard it referenced since Jan but  no details were ever given

southtyronegael

Quote from: square_ball on June 17, 2019, 04:19:20 PM

Who are all these good players not playing for the county at the minute? I'll give you Ronan O'Neill and Lee Brennan but genuinely I'm looking around the county and I'm seeing all the best club players in the county setup?  Not being argumentative just curious as to who you think is not in the squad that should be.
Shay Mc guigan and Johnny Munroe have both been burned by harte. Both easily county standard.

Redhand Santa

Brennan and Bradley (enforced absence) are the only two players missing that might make a difference to the team. In Brennan's case his role would only be that of an impact sub.

A lot of lads in Tyrone with agendas who love defeats. Personally I prefer wins and hopefully there'll be another one come Saturday evening. Tyrone always perform best with a run of games and in the long run last weeks defeat could be a blessing in disguise.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 17, 2019, 06:41:29 PM
Quote from: square_ball on June 17, 2019, 04:19:20 PM

Who are all these good players not playing for the county at the minute? I'll give you Ronan O'Neill and Lee Brennan but genuinely I'm looking around the county and I'm seeing all the best club players in the county setup?  Not being argumentative just curious as to who you think is not in the squad that should be.
Shay Mc guigan and Johnny Munroe have both been burned by harte. Both easily county standard.

How was Johnny Munroe burned by Harte? He was regularly getting minutes before he decided to opt out in the middle of a season.

Going by the number of players dropping off the panel mid season in the last few years, there seems to be some amount of egos among this generation of Tyrone footballers, very few if any of them have any sort of proper grievance, they had their chances but didn't take them and weren't willing to fight for their place.

If it's down to attitude we are better off without these players.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Think Munroe missed Mc Kenna cup final 2 years ago as he had a skiing holiday booked. Started few if any games in league that year and eventually it all came to a head so he walked.

trueblue1234

Some players don't want to put in the hours required for Tyrone to challenge at the end of the season. And that's no slight on them, as it's just the way the game has went. It's a big ask of players to commit so much time especially if your on the fringes. Doesn't have to mean anything more than that.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 17, 2019, 08:20:41 PM
Think Munroe missed Mc Kenna cup final 2 years ago as he had a skiing holiday booked. Started few if any games in league that year and eventually it all came to a head so he walked.

You think?

He played all through the league and then walked. Munroe is a decent player, I'm not sure he'd be a certain starter but it's a shame he didn't want to fight for his place.

If some players can't put the commitment in that intercounty football takes then that is no problem, they all have lives to live and it takes a lot of your time. When you commit to a panel for the year then I think it's very disrespectful to the management team and your teammates to walk midway through it because you're not getting the minutes you think you deserve.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

ONeill

Quote from: Under Lights on June 17, 2019, 04:19:59 PM

Aidan one of the better performers against Donegal. Might be in line to replace injured Hampsey if HP McGeary hasn't recovered.

Agree. I'd have Aidan CHB and maybe build defence around him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southtyronegael

Quote from: ONeill on June 21, 2019, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 17, 2019, 04:19:59 PM

Agree. I'd have Aidan CHB and maybe build defence around him.
if hampsey is out for the season then this may actually happen!

RedHand88

Don't understand why AMC gets such ridicule. He was one of the better performers the last day and always puts a shift in. It's like he's become a target for the anti-Harte brigade.

skeog

omagh_gael