Prince Phillip has croaked

Started by Armagh18, April 09, 2021, 12:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: John Egans left boot on April 11, 2021, 11:23:34 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 11, 2021, 11:19:33 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 11, 2021, 09:43:12 AM
I see the BBC cancelled friday night programming on BBC 1 and 2 to show the same programmes about the duke on both channels. The are receiving a load of complaints about this.

They put together those programmes fairly quick. He must have went awhile ago.

It's a reflection of the industry they have all these programmes generally ready for
Many high profile people look at the quick turnaround on John Hume. A friend was telling me they have programmes ready for lizzy, Charles, Gerry Adam's etc

John Hume was unwell for years and there had been some documentaries about him, so they would have things ready to go. Phillip was 99, they had a plan, where the problem would arise would be with the likes of Diana who should have lived for another 50+ years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

smelmoth

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 10, 2021, 02:21:50 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 10, 2021, 12:56:17 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 10, 2021, 11:47:34 AM
Will Covid rules apply for the  Funeral?

I hope there's hundreds at it. Just to see if Arlene dares to criticise big Liz on breaking the rules.
There'll be thousands. And she definitely won't.

Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2021, 12:50:19 PM
Boris will be quick to relax any restrictions left before then.

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 09, 2021, 12:48:01 PM
I'd imagine then that the DUP will be yapping when he doesn't get a coronavirus compliant funeral? Of course they won't. Only when it's SF.

Would it not be better to let events unfold and react to what actually does happen rather that this inane prejudging?

smelmoth

Quote from: trailer on April 09, 2021, 02:30:40 PM
Credit where it is due Michelle O'Neill has stuck the right tone with her comments on his death.

True

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on April 11, 2021, 03:59:03 PM
I see the BBC cancelled friday night programming on BBC 1 and 2 to show the same programmes about the duke on both channels. The are receiving a load of complaints about this.

It's a reflection of the industry they have all these programmes generally ready for
Many high profile people look at the quick turnaround on John Hume. A friend was telling me they have programmes ready for lizzy, Charles, Gerry Adam's etc

John Hume was unwell for years and there had been some documentaries about him, so they would have things ready to go. Phillip was 99, they had a plan, where the problem would arise would be with the likes of Diana who should have lived for another 50+ years.
Absolutely astounded that people don't realise these obit programmes, especially for a 99 year in poor health, are made well in advance of the event.

BennyCake

Quote from: smelmoth on April 11, 2021, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 10, 2021, 02:21:50 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 10, 2021, 12:56:17 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 10, 2021, 11:47:34 AM
Will Covid rules apply for the  Funeral?

I hope there's hundreds at it. Just to see if Arlene dares to criticise big Liz on breaking the rules.
There'll be thousands. And she definitely won't.

Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2021, 12:50:19 PM
Boris will be quick to relax any restrictions left before then.

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 09, 2021, 12:48:01 PM
I'd imagine then that the DUP will be yapping when he doesn't get a coronavirus compliant funeral? Of course they won't. Only when it's SF.

Would it not be better to let events unfold and react to what actually does happen rather that this inane prejudging?

Stop spoiling our fun  ;D

DuffleKing

Given the wall to wall lard we've been subjected to in the UK media to mark the passing of this non entity, what on earth will it be like when Lizzie goes?

balladmaker

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 11, 2021, 09:28:38 PM

Given the wall to wall lard we've been subjected to in the UK media to mark the passing of this non entity, what on earth will it be like when Lizzie goes?

Her Royal subjects will go into meltdown.  Only tangible difference is that we will get a day off* in the north for the funeral  ;D

* assuming we haven't had a border poll before then

Boycey

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

I've posted that before. It's work a read to see the absolute level of planning already done..

johnnycool

Quote from: Boycey on April 11, 2021, 09:45:45 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

I've posted that before. It's work a read to see the absolute level of planning already done..

Lizzie goes the monarchy are fecked..

Charlie is an odious arse and then Archie and Meghan will get royal protection. Piers Morgan will coup.

LeoMc

Quote from: balladmaker on April 11, 2021, 09:31:27 PM

Her Royal subjects will go into meltdown.  Only tangible difference is that we will get a day off* in the north for the funeral  ;D

Would we still get it if she retires and is the Queen Mum rather than Monarch?

Armagh18

Quote from: LeoMc on April 12, 2021, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on April 11, 2021, 09:31:27 PM

Would we still get it if she retires and is the Queen Mum rather than Monarch?
She'll hardly retire at this stage will she?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 11, 2021, 05:13:49 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 11, 2021, 03:59:03 PM

Absolutely astounded that people don't realise these obit programmes, especially for a 99 year in poor health, are made well in advance of the event.

Seems a bit grim getting people to say nice things about the death of someone still at that stage, alive.