The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on October 20, 2023, 09:13:37 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 19, 2023, 04:21:15 PMURC back this weekend, interesting to see who lines out for the various provinces. Obviously anyone with time at the WC will be rested, but will those who didn't play a minute be available?

I'd say most of the squad whether they had much gametime or not in France will be allowed to holiday with their families for a few weeks.

In relation to the new look Ireland and if Farrell stays, does he start blending in the younger lads/goys in the autumn internationals and 2024 6N's with an eye on the 2027 WC even if it does mean Ireland drop down the rankings?

Sexton, Earls are gone, O'Mahony probably as well, Furlong is 30 now, Henderson, VDF, Beirne similar, probably a few years in them but probably going to a WC with a lot of the pack mid 30's mightn't be wise.
Our draw in the last world cup there showed that it is probably a good idea to be as high in the rankings as possible for when the seedings are made!

JPGJOHNNYG

It's essential to remain in the top 4. The rankings though seem a bit of a joke. Ireland put together one of the longest winning streaks on record lose a single match and suddenly drop to third whereas NZ have had a rather ropey record in the last 12 mths have moved to second  ::).

Just saw the o Mahoney comment from gallsman. The big difference was O'Mahoney was given it during the game, the sledging and gamesmanship that goes on in every scrum is unreal but that's how it goes but as soon as the final whistle blows that should be the end of it but the kiwi boys decided to lay the boot in
'oi f*ckwit another 4 yrs'
'Enjoy the retirement'
Great to send the cnuts home'

Etc etc

I used to like NZ. I hope the wankers get smashed

Armagh18

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 20, 2023, 11:10:20 AMIt's essential to remain in the top 4. The rankings though seem a bit of a joke. Ireland put together one of the longest winning streaks on record lose a single match and suddenly drop to third whereas NZ have had a rather ropey record in the last 12 mths have moved to second  ::).

Just saw the o Mahoney comment from gallsman. The big difference was O'Mahoney was given it during the game, the sledging and gamesmanship that goes on in every scrum is unreal but that's how it goes but as soon as the final whistle blows that should be the end of it but the kiwi boys decided to lay the boot in
'Enjoy the retirement'

Etc etc

Did they say that? Jesus not a likeable team left!

gallsman

He didn't put the boot in though. He had private conversations with friends that were leaked by gobshites. Cane got his revenge. Perfectly entitled to revel in it.

You reckon nobody on the Ireland team has ever said anything in what they thought was closed company after a game ffs?

JPGJOHNNYG

The top 2 were said on the field at the end of the game

gallsman

The Ioane comment my understanding came after Sexton was yapping about something at the end.

Lads looking for reasons to be offended or insulted are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. It's professional sport. Suck it up. There's nothing to see there.

JPGJOHNNYG

Sexton was yapping because he was told not to miss the plane home tomorrow and enjoy the retirement, but everyone assumed it was because he was a sore loser. Nothing worse than being a bad winner. NZ deserved to win but win graciously and move on don't be dicks about it.

johnnycool

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 20, 2023, 11:34:21 AMSexton was yapping because he was told not to miss the plane home tomorrow and enjoy the retirement, but everyone assumed it was because he was a sore loser. Nothing worse than being a bad winner. NZ deserved to win but win graciously and move on don't be dicks about it.

Ach sure it was great craic when O'Mahoney was calling Cane a "shit McCaw" but don't say a word to offend our lads...

Applesisapples

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 20, 2023, 11:10:20 AMIt's essential to remain in the top 4. The rankings though seem a bit of a joke. Ireland put together one of the longest winning streaks on record lose a single match and suddenly drop to third whereas NZ have had a rather ropey record in the last 12 mths have moved to second  ::).

'Enjoy the retirement'

Etc etc

Same here

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: johnnycool on October 20, 2023, 11:38:05 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 20, 2023, 11:34:21 AMSexton was yapping because he was told not to miss the plane home tomorrow and enjoy the retirement, but everyone assumed it was because he was a sore loser. Nothing worse than being a bad winner. NZ deserved to win but win graciously and move on don't be dicks about it.

Ach sure it was great craic when O'Mahoney was calling Cane a "shit McCaw" but don't say a word to offend our lads...

That was during the game as I mentioned above so completely different. Sure look at the Scotland v Ireland match, they were having a right rumble and at the final whistle it was all forgotten about

Armagh18

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 20, 2023, 12:11:09 PM

That was during the game as I mentioned above so completely different. Sure look at the Scotland v Ireland match, they were having a right rumble and at the final whistle it was all forgotten about
Yeah for me sledging (within reason now not to Kilcoo lengths) is grand during the game but no matter the sport you shake your mans hand at the final whistle and wish him well.

Cavan19

Exactly when the shoe is on the other foot it is great craic.

Joeythelips

Aussies and NZ sledging is the norm, its not something I like personally but its common place. Watch any GAA match nowadays (especially one involving Tyrone) and you see players winding opponents up. Who cares anyway, its all BS, do your talking on the pitch. Cane certainly did that against Ireland in fairness to him.

gallsman

I don't understand or accept that O'Mahony abusing Cane to his face is more acceptable because it was "during the game" than Cane having a bit of a laugh about his redemption with his mates.

Live by the sword, die by the sword etc.

To be perfectly honest, I don't give a f**k about either of them. O'Mahony was fine last year, same for Cane this year.

Wildweasel74

Fact is Cane is a shit McCaw, not the biggest insult, most people would be, compared to McCaw.NZ supporters rattled his cage about that more than anyone else.