The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Ireland -1 handicap so I'm not sure trailer as a business man that you can think that Ireland are -10..

The bookies are very rarely wrong and I can see this game being a 1 point win either way or a draw. Let the experts give the advice, just enjoy the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2023, 08:58:16 AMLet the experts give the advice

What an utterly bizarre comment on a discussion board of all places. Crazy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on October 11, 2023, 09:24:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2023, 08:58:16 AMLet the experts give the advice

Ok tell me way they are going to win by -10 ..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2023, 09:27:17 AM

Really?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on October 11, 2023, 09:49:50 AM

Really?

Yeah, I'd like to know the ins and outs of it, you seem to have a lot of knowledge of the game..

I sincerely hope you are not basing it on Ireland being ranked no.1 and if that is it I'd be very disappointed lol

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2023, 09:58:06 AM

Really?

Yeah, I'd like to know the ins and outs of it, you seem to have a lot of knowledge of the game..

I sincerely hope you are not basing it on Ireland being ranked no.1 and if that is it I'd be very disappointed lol

You want me to give you a complete breakdown of a 80 min game of rugby on a GAA discussion board because I opined that Ireland would win by at least 10 points?

Being No.1 is a key f**king metric. They're the best team in the world. Like what more do Ireland have to do to go in as favourites?
They beaten NZ in NZ in the last test series they played them in... their smallest win being by 10 points!
They have completed a Grand Slam in the 6N
They've beaten South Africa already in this competition.
Everything points to an Ireland win, it is crazy not to be ultra confident about this team.

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2023, 08:58:16 AMIreland -1 handicap so I'm not sure trailer as a business man that you can think that Ireland are -10..

The bookies are very rarely wrong and I can see this game being a 1 point win either way or a draw. Let the experts give the advice, just enjoy the game

This isn't a soccer game... How often does a rugby game end in a 1 point margin? I agree with Trailer, Ireland are a better team than NZ and will win by 7 - 12 points. And go on and win the WC.. A serious team, the best we've had

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on October 11, 2023, 10:30:03 AM

Really?

You want me to give you a complete breakdown of a 80 min game of rugby on a GAA discussion board because I opined that Ireland would win by at least 10 points?

Being No.1 is a key f**king metric. They're the best team in the world. Like what more do Ireland have to do to go in as favourites?
They beaten NZ in NZ in the last test series they played them in... their smallest win being by 10 points!
Everything points to an Ireland win, it is crazy not to be ultra confident about this team.

Probably slight favourites but we can take nothing for granted. World rankings mean feck all though. Sure if Scotland had beat us we'd have dropped down a few places

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 11, 2023, 10:58:43 AM

Really?

Probably slight favourites but we can take nothing for granted. World rankings mean feck all though. Sure if Scotland had beat us we'd have dropped down a few places

THEY DIDN'T!! We humped them.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on October 11, 2023, 11:06:43 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 11, 2023, 10:58:43 AM

Really?

THEY DIDN'T!! We humped them.
Just shows how stupid the rankings are. Anyway not sure why I'm biting when we all know you're on the wind up lol

Armagh18

What's the latest on the injuries?

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 11, 2023, 11:18:00 AMWhat's the latest on the injuries?

Hansen passed his HIA and slight calf issue and is good, so too Lowe who's eye injury has cleared up.

Ryan misses out and didn't make the matchday squad, Henshaw evidently hasn't recovered from his hamstring injury but there must be hope he'll be good for a semi-final as no replacement has been sought.

gallsman

Harsh on McCloskey but Saturday showed we need a little bit more versatility in the back line. Can't end up with Ringrose and JGP on the wings.

Joeythelips

Ireland have every right to be confident, history may indicate that the AllBlacks will turn us over given we have never won a knockout game in the world cup but records like that are there to be broken.

Anyone who says Ireland will definitely win is mad given the opposition and anyone who says we will definitely be beaten is also mad as we are ranked No 1 in the world for a reason. It is very hard game to call but Ireland on form are rightly favourites. Fingers crossed.

Pub Bore

The ABs will be well up for this and they have kind of flown under the radar since losing to France.  I think it'll be close but they don't look good enough to beat Ireland.  Ireland by 5.