?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

OakLeaf

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on September 12, 2023, 04:14:50 PM
Am I alone in not wanting Gallagher back?

No, I wouldn't either. He's too tainted at this stage (rightly or wrongly). Malachy O'Rourke for me.

Estimator

Nope. I'm with you on that one. Don't think it would be good for the county to have him reinstalled.
Ulster League Champions 2009

quit yo jibbajabba

Wildweasel74

If O'Rourke in, it would hopefully bring in the other Glen men that should be on the panel. He seen every team this year and past couple yrs over Glen, so he's seen what Div 1 players there are in the county which he think be good enough. Derry need to be running of a min panel of 36 this year, and Glen been playing fairly defensive in the league so the playing style not alter much.

Silver hill

Quote from: themania1 on September 12, 2023, 02:21:27 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on September 12, 2023, 11:58:39 AM
Paddy Bradley and Aidan O Rourke could be good shout, Would Damien cassidy like another shot at it?

Definitely the worst shout on here, you cant just give the inexperienced a 'shot at it'. We are at the stage where we are competing for Sam, and just need to get over this team over the line. You cant just throw anyone into the deep end, has to be someone well experienced and capable for the Job. Only men I can think of that could do this and are realistic contenders are MOR, Jim Gavin, and of course Gallagher.

Someone suggesting Damian mcErlain coming back is the worst shout on here, either that or it was a piss take.

Bring back club football

Quote from: Bring back club football on August 09, 2023, 07:18:50 AM
Quote from: ck on August 08, 2023, 03:50:12 PM
Quote from: Bring back club football on August 08, 2023, 12:18:00 PM
Meenagh gone.

Source?

If you know any Derry players ask them.

Well known over a month Meenagh was gone.

The director of operations and chairman have been working overtime to try and lay the ground for a return for Gallagher but others such as sponsors have other ideas.

Decod89

Quote from: Bring back club football on September 12, 2023, 09:02:20 PM

Meenagh gone.

Source?

The director of operations and chairman have been working overtime to try and lay the ground for a return for Gallagher but others such as sponsors have other ideas.

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2023/09/12/news/derry_completely_rule_out_possibility_of_rory_gallagher_returning_as_manager-3606375/

No return for RG. A new man/team incoming

themania1

Quote from: Decod89 on September 12, 2023, 09:25:38 PM
Quote from: Bring back club football on September 12, 2023, 09:02:20 PM

Meenagh gone.

Source?

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2023/09/12/news/derry_completely_rule_out_possibility_of_rory_gallagher_returning_as_manager-3606375/

No return for RG. A new man/team incoming

Sad really. Hope it doesn't spell the end of this Derry team like in 94 after the removal of Coleman.

Wildweasel74

Back then the players wouldn't play for the manager after the last one got shafted, not the case this time round.

marty34

Something that has been missed in all this is I think the Derry players are well focussed and driven themselves.

The culture in the panel seems high and they understand that they're a Top 4 team.  If they learn the lessons of semi-final V Kerry, they'll be in a really good place in 2024, especially being in Div. 1. Panel needs beefed up a bit though.

They have a good group of experienced players who know how to win and are seriously driven.  The manager will be very important obviously but maybe not as important as many people think.

screenexile

About time the CB clarified RG isn't getting back in. Leaving aside the issue in question the circus that would have engulfed the team had he made a return would be a huge disruption and massively detrimental to what Derry are trying to do.

As I've said before I hope the lack of communication around the new manager is the fact that they're waiting on O'Rourke finishing things out with Glen... Glen should do the decent thing and just lose their QF for the greater good!!! :D :D

Real Talk

Quote from: marty34 on September 12, 2023, 10:59:12 PM
Something that has been missed in all this is I think the Derry players are well focussed and driven themselves.

The culture in the panel seems high and they understand that they're a Top 4 team.  If they learn the lessons of semi-final V Kerry, they'll be in a really good place in 2024, especially being in Div. 1. Panel needs beefed up a bit though.

They have a good group of experienced players who know how to win and are seriously driven.  The manager will be very important obviously but maybe not as important as many people think.

That is a very important point about made by "marty34" and we need to retain continuity going forward with this group of highly motivated and dedicated players.
If M O'R is interested he maybe at this stage doesn't want to loose his integrity / break his agreement with Glen which is entirely understandable in the circumstances.  So surely an accommodation with right thinking personnel can find a solution so that the outcome is  is a "win - win " situation for Glen, Malachy O'Rourke and Derry

tbrick18

Quote from: Real Talk on September 13, 2023, 09:00:50 PM

That is a very important point about made by "marty34" and we need to retain continuity going forward with this group of highly motivated and dedicated players.
If M O'R is interested he maybe at this stage doesn't want to loose his integrity / break his agreement with Glen which is entirely understandable in the circumstances.  So surely an accommodation with right thinking personnel can find a solution so that the outcome is  is a "win - win " situation for Glen, Malachy O'Rourke and Derry

I'd imagine he could double up a little bit right now.
As much as a club management role is a serious commitment, I'd imagine he's not working 40hr weeks with Glen.
If we got him on board for Derry, I'd imagine he would have some time to start the ball rolling whilst still seeing out the year with them. Especially as it's reported he retired from teaching last year.
He really is the only viable option out there right now in my view, hopefully he's open to take it on.

HiMucker

Id be disgusted if hes back, and most people I know would think the same. So your not alone!

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 14, 2023, 10:03:09 AM
Quote from: Real Talk on September 13, 2023, 09:00:50 PM

I'd imagine he could double up a little bit right now.
As much as a club management role is a serious commitment, I'd imagine he's not working 40hr weeks with Glen.
If we got him on board for Derry, I'd imagine he would have some time to start the ball rolling whilst still seeing out the year with them. Especially as it's reported he retired from teaching last year.
He really is the only viable option out there right now in my view, hopefully he's open to take it on.

+ VAT!