?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

tbrick18

Quote from: Interstellar on August 10, 2023, 11:24:03 PM
The father of former Cavan and Fermanagh player, Rory Gallagher, has been arrested on assault charges

The father of Rory Gallagher, the former Fermanagh and Cavan player and football manager, has been arrested and charged with common assault.

The PSNI confirmed to Northern Sound a man in his seventies was arrested in Belleek, County Fermanagh last Wednesday, 2nd August on suspicion of common assault. .

The police statement said the man was "later released on police bail to allow for further enquiries to be carried out" and said their investigation continues".

Any context to this or is that all that has been reported?

Wildweasel74

See the camogie girls done well to win today. We're well on top the whole game. I watched the penalty 3/4 times, Meath girl never dragged to the ground, she fell down.

OakLeaf

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 12, 2023, 02:33:44 PM
See the camogie girls done well to win today. We're well on top the whole game. I watched the penalty 3/4 times, Meath girl never dragged to the ground, she fell down.

Thought it was 50:50 myself. Derry outworked Meath for most of the game. Fully deserved win. Probably should have closed it out last week.

Wildweasel74

Well as the manager said, they have to be alot stronger nxt Yr, and mentioned alot not playing in recent yrs and the team average age of 20. Next step up serious in terms of fitness and strength.

Waataboutyee

Very little chat on here on the group games. Thoughts?
Didn't get to any of them today but Mfelt beating Slaughtneil seemed to be the only major shock?
Good win for the city men v Kilrea.

Brendan

Quote from: Waataboutyee on August 13, 2023, 09:00:13 PM
Didn't get to any of them today but Mfelt beating Slaughtneil seemed to be the only major shock?

Does that qualify as a shock? Lavey gave Glen a good rattle especially with a man sent off within 10 minutes in a completely senseless action. Hard to read much into these group games when so many teams will go through regardless

quit yo jibbajabba

Wouldn't say major shock tbh
Mfelt and Sneil both be classed as main challengers to Glen so maybe now mfelt have taken that role. Time will tell

Waataboutyee

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 13, 2023, 09:20:36 PM
Mfelt and Sneil both be classed as main challengers to Glen so maybe now mfelt have taken that role. Time will tell
Glen started well according to Twitter but Lavey pushed them. Still no Glass and Ethan I see.

Brendan

Quote from: Waataboutyee on August 13, 2023, 09:30:04 PM
Glen started well according to Twitter but Lavey pushed them. Still no Glass and Ethan I see.

Ethan came on late when things were looking ropey, got a point and won an important free

Estimator

Quote from: Waataboutyee on August 13, 2023, 09:30:04 PM
According to twitter reporting, Glen had the breeze behind them in the first half. Must have been significant enough, with Lavey's response in the second half.
Ulster League Champions 2009

marty34

Quote from: Brendan on August 13, 2023, 09:17:29 PM

Does that qualify as a shock? Lavey gave Glen a good rattle especially with a man sent off within 10 minutes in a completely senseless action. Hard to read much into these group games when so many teams will go through regardless

Like a lot of counties, it'll only really start at the knock-out stages.

Teams need to be careful they don't peak too early.

shawshank

Quote from: Brendan on August 13, 2023, 09:17:29 PM

What tosh, only 8 teams out 14 go through to quarter finals. bottom two teams from each group play off to avoid relegation with two being relegated. The games I have seen have been competitive bar the two Dungiven games. Fair play to Steelestown at our expense unfortunately.

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 12, 2023, 02:33:44 PM
Great win for the girls and congratulations to all involved.  Delighted for Aoife NĂ­ Chaiside and her club. Laoch.

Real Talk

Anyone at the Glen Lavey game .... are there none of the Downey family playing for them ... are they all with St Bridgets ??

and is McFaul injured ?

Derryman forever

I think it would be only right to recognise that, the ladies of the Bellaghy Contingent of the Derry all ireland winning Camogie team, of saturday,  were out today at a Cul Camp coaching the future players of Bellaghy. A mere 2 days after their triumph.
Now that is impressive commitment  to their chosen sport. True Gaels.