Ballyjamesduff

Started by Hereiam, August 30, 2016, 10:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Christ lads thats a sad event that has taken place in Co Cavan. Its hard to believe that your that far gone and see the only option is to kill yourself and your family.
May they rest in peace

seafoid

Quote from: Hereiam on August 30, 2016, 10:35:46 AM
Christ lads thats a sad event that has taken place in Co Cavan. Its hard to believe that your that far gone and see the only option is to kill yourself and your family.
May they rest in peace
It is happening fairly regularly these days. The kids get killed which is awful
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Awful case.
RIP all of them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

No wides

Knife attack, God knows how much those kids suffered.

armaghniac

One of the people interviewed described it as bewildering, which it is to me.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

A cowardly act. RIP to the innocent victims.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Terrible, what goes through peoples minds when they are carrying out these attacks I will never know!

I get depression and how it can affect your mind and cause you to self harm and kill yourself, but these type of attacks take it to another level of god knows what
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Shocking story. Agree with all the sentiments above. Actually taking a knife and stabbing your kids to death is beyond any comprehension. It seems outside any normal parameters of what the man in the street calls "depression".

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 30, 2016, 01:41:40 PM
Shocking story. Agree with all the sentiments above. Actually taking a knife and stabbing your kids to death is beyond any comprehension. It seems outside any normal parameters of what the man in the street calls "depression".
Listening to a few radio phone in shows here and some people would make you sick listening to them.
Ah sure he had mental health issues the poor craythur....
How can anyone feel sorry for him?
He went and stuck a knife into his wife and 3 kids. It was murder nothing else.
When do we stop excusing crimes like this because he may or may not have been depressed.
Do we start excusing paedophiles and rapists now also because they may have had depression or other mental health issues?
He put a note on the back door to tell the next person who called to the house to ring the Guards ffs. He knew what he was doing.
If someone shoots up a school in America we are all shocked and have no sympathy  for the attacker. This yesterday was the same thing yet there are some feeling sorry for the person who did the act. I don't get it.
I hope he rots in hell.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Well said Laoislad.  My first reaction with these type of events is confusement as to how people tend to see the murderer as less evil/bad because he killed his family and himself.  At the end of the day, he murdered his wife and children, if anything their last few moments would have been all the more horrific as he was the last person in the world that should expose them to so much pain and fear and ultimately, death. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Stabbing is so personal and intense, is mental health the only factor in play?

I'd be inclined to be unsympathetic myself, kill yourself and be done with it.

Esmarelda

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2016, 01:48:48 PM
Listening to a few radio phone in shows here and some people would make you sick listening to them.
When do we stop excusing crimes like this because he may or may not have been depressed.
Do we start excusing paedophiles and rapists now also because they may have had depression or other mental health issues?
He put a note on the back door to tell the next person who called to the house to ring the Guards ffs. He knew what he was doing.
If someone shoots up a school in America we are all shocked and have no sympathy  for the attacker. This yesterday was the same thing yet there are some feeling sorry for the person who did the act. I don't get it.
I hope he rots in hell.
I reckon that none of us have any idea what was going through the man's mind. The difference is that nobody else has felt that they're in any position to comment on it.

If you assume that he loved his wife and kids (or at least his kids) then how could any of us in our right mind comprehend how he could kill them? My view is that we cannot and so posts such as yours lacking any knowledge of the situation should be withheld.

Hound

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 30, 2016, 03:19:55 PM
It hasn't being officialy said it was the husband so quit with the speculation.
RTE 9.00 news last night said it was the husband. Have they retracted that?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 30, 2016, 03:28:16 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 30, 2016, 03:26:09 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 30, 2016, 03:19:55 PM
It hasn't being officialy said it was the husband so quit with the speculation.
RTE 9.00 news last night said it was the husband. Have they retracted that?

Was said but then in next instance said a person so obviously a slip up. Gutter papers such as the Sun and Mirror hoped on the father angle straight away. But there has being no official statement from the Guards confriming it was him.

Assistant Garda Commissioner John O'Driscoll described the scene as "a grim discovery". The alarm was raised at about 10.45am when someone, believed to be a relative, called to the house and became suspicious
"We can confirm that we are not looking for anybody else. We believe all the answers are within that house so therefore the most likely scenario that one person in that house may have caused the death of others," he said.

It's hardly likely to be a kid or the wife.

general_lee

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 30, 2016, 02:52:10 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2016, 01:48:48 PM
I hope he rots in hell.
I reckon that none of us have any idea what was going through the man's mind. The difference is that nobody else has felt that they're in any position to comment on it.

If you assume that he loved his wife and kids (or at least his kids) then how could any of us in our right mind comprehend how he could kill them? My view is that we cannot and so posts such as yours lacking any knowledge of the situation should be withheld.
Exactly. I seriously doubt there was any evil motive for these killings. If that turns out to be the case then I'll gladly retract but my initial suspicion is that there are some serious mental health issues at play here