Started by The Real Laoislad, February 12, 2008, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

16.02.08 (Sat) @ 7.00pm --

Allianz National Football League Round 2

Division 1
Portlaoise Laois v Doire
Referee: Pat McEnaney (Muineachán)

If this game is half as good as the Qualifier game last year it will be a cracker...
We really need something from this after losing our opening game to Galway
Any of ye Derry fellas making the trip down to the heart of Ireland  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Drumanee 1

not going to make it myself but it will be a tough game for us,we havent got a good record down at your place but with the spine of our team playing (mccloy,doc,murphy,paddy b) and a few tweaks we will be hard to beat.are you missing many for this game?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on February 12, 2008, 04:47:37 PM
not going to make it myself but it will be a tough game for us,we havent got a good record down at your place but with the spine of our team playing (mccloy,doc,murphy,paddy b) and a few tweaks we will be hard to beat.are you missing many for this game?

Haven't heard any team news as yet,But the "spine" of our team defiantly won't be playing ie Higgins,Conway,Kelly,Byron
Tis gonna be a tough year for us as we blood a few of our minor and U/21 stars
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 12, 2008, 04:17:52 PM
Any of ye Derry fellas making the trip down to the heart of Ireland  ???

Jaysus, you'd think Queens County and O'Moore County would suffice as terms of endearment without yous trying to rob ours... Unless de Derry wans are stopping off on a spying mission on Ard Mhacha...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Doire abú

Aye I'll be going anyway. Not too bad a drive, 3 hours I reckon.

Pat McEnaney reffin means an automatic Derry lost though.
Not that I'd be cynical or anything.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Doire abú on February 12, 2008, 06:48:32 PM

From Derry City to Portlaoise from the AA Roadwatch site

Route Planner (From Derry,Co Derry to Portlaoise,Co Laoise)

Time: 4 hr 24 min
Total Distance (Km): 327.68
You'll Never Walk Alone.

screenexile

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 12, 2008, 06:54:20 PM

Lol :D :D :D as if any of the City folk would travle for this match! Sure they wouldn't even bother their hole goin to Celtic Park FFS!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on February 12, 2008, 07:04:32 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 12, 2008, 06:54:20 PM

Lol :D :D :D as if any of the City folk would travle for this match! Sure they wouldn't even bother their hole goin to Celtic Park FFS!

OOOpppss sorry I didn't know there was fair weather fans in Derry  :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

jodyb

Yeah I think Doire Abu your bein a bit optimistic with the 3 hour thing, but it's definitely not 4 an a half. Bout 3 and a half i would say from most of south derry anyway.

Bud Wiser

Laoislad,
You must have got the Pubmobile off the Sunday Worst pubspy team to take 4.5hrs.

It takes me never anymore than 1.5hrs to drive the motorway all the way from the M50 at Ballycullen to Banbridge or  little over an hour and twenty minutes to Newry.  Motorway all the way non-stop from my door.  So from the Red Cow M50 it takes an hour at the most to get to Portlaoise, again motorway all the way. So all the Alaskans have to do is calculate their time to Newry.

It is only 124 Miles (remember Alaskans deal in miles and sterling) from Newry to the Portlaoise (55 mles from M50 to Portlaoise).

Make sure and stay in the middle lane kinda thing on the Mad Cow Roundabout, I get mixed up on itand I am on it most days, the markings for the N7 are worn off the road and you nearly have to play follow the leader.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

lynchbhoy

was thinking of going but not now that I find out its on a sat night. We will see but I have a game earlier that day..

The trip isnt that long, sure you have to park 10 miles away from omoore park , theres no fecking decent parking nearby.

Historically Derry have not faired well playing Laois in portlaoise. McEneaney is a good ref and I cant recall him being that bad to Derry in the past.
Laois could steal this one, as there has been no real continuity in the Derry side up until now.
Also Laois wont miss higgins, imo he was way over rated and some of those new younger players will be an improvement and help the Laois cause rather than hinder it. Laois have two fantastic fast attacking wing half backs that must be stopped if Derry are to have a chance.

tbrick18

I think this will be a difficult one for Derry. It's definately a step up from Mayo and its in Portlaois.
Derry are starting to get some of the more established players back but they havent had much time playing together or with the newer lads.
A draw wouldnt surprise me but I dont think there will be any more than a kick of the ball between the two. Too close to call.

Hopefully going to get down, though it depends heavily on the missus!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 13, 2008, 08:45:13 AM
Laoislad,
You must have got the Pubmobile off the Sunday Worst pubspy team to take 4.5hrs.

It takes me never anymore than 1.5hrs to drive the motorway all the way from the M50 at Ballycullen to Banbridge or  little over an hour and twenty minutes to Newry.  Motorway all the way non-stop from my door.  So from the Red Cow M50 it takes an hour at the most to get to Portlaoise, again motorway all the way. So all the Alaskans have to do is calculate their time to Newry.

It is only 124 Miles (remember Alaskans deal in miles and sterling) from Newry to the Portlaoise (55 mles from M50 to Portlaoise).

Make sure and stay in the middle lane kinda thing on the Mad Cow Roundabout, I get mixed up on itand I am on it most days, the markings for the N7 are worn off the road and you nearly have to play follow the leader.

I only repeated the info i got off aaroadwatch.ie
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 13, 2008, 10:21:26 AM
was thinking of going but not now that I find out its on a sat night. We will see but I have a game earlier that day..

The trip isnt that long, sure you have to park 10 miles away from omoore park , theres no fecking decent parking nearby.

Historically Derry have not faired well playing Laois in portlaoise. McEneaney is a good ref and I cant recall him being that bad to Derry in the past.
Laois could steal this one, as there has been no real continuity in the Derry side up until now.
Also Laois wont miss higgins, imo he was way over rated and some of those new younger players will be an improvement and help the Laois cause rather than hinder it. Laois have two fantastic fast attacking wing half backs that must be stopped if Derry are to have a chance.

There is loads of parking near the County Council/Shopping centre you must be trying to park at the Abbeyleix end of the town
I couldn't disagree with you more regarding your comments on Higgins,In my opinion he will be a bigger loss than Kelly..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Real Talk

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 13, 2008, 10:21:26 AM