Have Galway been found out?

Started by Oakleafer93, April 14, 2009, 03:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer93

Galway had an impressive start to the season, against lesser teams such as Donegal, Westmeath, Dublin and a poor Tyrone, with a defeat to Mayo a total hammering by Kerry and a draw with Derry is the hype really just a lot of hot air? Against a team that can man-mark Meehan and more than challenge their midfield, are Galway just average opposed to front runners for Sam?

INDIANA

There are no front runners to Sam outside Kerry and Tyrone.
Everyone else is nearly on the same level from 3-10 bar maybe Cork who I'd rate as next best to the above 2.

Katchit

Kerry/Tyrone

Cork/Galway/Derry/Armagh

Mayo/Monaghan

The Rest

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Katchit on April 14, 2009, 03:41:00 PM
Kerry/Tyrone

Cork/Galway/Derry/Armagh

Mayo/Monaghan

The Rest

Armagh are probably one of the most over rated teams in the country, fair enough they won an Ulster last year but who did they beat to get it? And then look what heppened them when they came up against proper competition, Monaghan and Mayo both above them.

Kerry/Tyrone

Cork

Derry/Galway/Monaghan/Dublin/Mayo/Meath

The rest

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Katchit on April 14, 2009, 03:41:00 PM
Kerry/Tyrone

Cork/Galway/Derry/Armagh

Mayo/Monaghan

The Rest

There's no real line of form to suggest that we are as well placed as Cork, Galway and Derry. Even Dublin, who now seem to be discounted, thrashed the Wexford side that beat us.

Cork look well placed for a challenge but its hard to take them seriously as contenders until they beat Kerry in a knock out match. Galway and Derry should be kicking on this year to make a genuine challenge.

Monaghan, Mayo and Dublin are probably the best of the rest.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 14, 2009, 03:49:53 PM
Cork look well placed for a challenge but its hard to take them seriously as contenders until they beat Kerry in a knock out match. Galway and Derry should be kicking on this year to make a genuine challenge.

Cork have beaten Kerry in the munster championship its when they get to Croke park they seem to have a problem beating them tam
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 14, 2009, 03:54:57 PM

Cork have beaten Kerry in the munster championship its when they get to Croke park they seem to have a problem beating them tam

Deel I meant knock out as in loser is out of the championship. 
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the Deel Rover

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 14, 2009, 03:56:19 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 14, 2009, 03:54:57 PM

Deel I meant knock out as in loser is out of the championship. 

apologies tam still not functioning right after the weekend  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

marym

Agree with you about Cork. However, they drew with them last year and lost fairly narrowly in the replay. They have a better team this year but so have Kerry.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 14, 2009, 03:25:50 PM
Galway had an impressive start to the season, against lesser teams such as Donegal, Westmeath, Dublin and a poor Tyrone, with a defeat to Mayo a total hammering by Kerry and a draw with Derry is the hype really just a lot of hot air? Against a team that can man-mark Meehan and more than challenge their midfield, are Galway just average opposed to front runners for Sam?
What hype?  There certainly aint any hype down here!  Our limitations are well documentated here on a regular basis.

Kerry & Tyrone have by far the strongest squads in the country and are a good bit ahead of the chasing pack right now.  We all have a lot to do to catch them.   

Farrandeelin

Ah not a chance of anybody getting close to Galway in Connacht anyway. I reckon they will romp home in every game they play. Sligo might test them though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2009, 03:32:27 PM
Sure Kerry's full back line will cost them the All Ireland and Tyrone's midfield will be cleaned out in every game.

When will you learn? Tyrone won an All Ireland in 2005 without a settled mid field and the two as lined out got bate every time. They don't play like that and Harte considers the mid field sector the area from half back line to half forwards not just two big lumaxes in the middle. Tyrone could very well win Sam tho I wouldn't be shocked if Galway came good.

fitzroyalty

on current form i'd have:
Kerry
Derry/Tyrone/Cork/Monaghan
Mayo/Armagh/Galway/Dublin
Donegal/Meath/Laois/Down
The rest..

Come championship I'd fancy Galway for Connacht hands down, Londonderry for Ulster, Kerry Munster and Dubs for Leinster.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 14, 2009, 04:34:18 PM
on current form i'd have:
Kerry
Derry/Tyrone/Cork/Monaghan
Mayo/Armagh/Galway/Dublin
Donegal/Meath/Laois/Down
The rest..

Come championship I'd fancy Galway for Connacht hands down, Londonderry for Ulster, Kerry Munster and Dubs for Leinster.

That is so funny...