Tommy Mc Guigan Ban

Started by Oakleafer93, April 01, 2009, 11:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer93

Tyrone attacker Tommy McGuigan may be facing a four-week ban following an incident involving Derry's Sean Marty Lockhart during last Saturday's NFL clash at Omagh.

The Central Competitions Control Committee met on Tuesday to review evidence of the incident, and are expected to propose a four-week suspension for the Ardboe clubman, which would rule him out of Sunday week's final round NFL Division 1 game against Mayo. If that happened, McGuigan would have the option of appealing to the Central Hearings Committee.

ziggysego

April Fool's are supposed to be done before noon. Any after, makes you the fool.
Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=109349

The question is whether or not Tyrone will accept punishment if it is deemed necessary by CCCC.  Let the games begin again  ::)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Oopsie. I do apologise Oakleafer93
Testing Accessibility

Oakleafer93

Quote from: ziggysego on April 01, 2009, 11:23:05 PM
April Fool's are supposed to be done before noon. Any after, makes you the fool.

Its true so jokes on you.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 01, 2009, 11:29:16 PM

The question is whether or not Tyrone will accept punishment if it is deemed necessary by CCCC.  Let the games begin again  ::)

I think Mc Guigan only deserves 4 weeks, but in comparison to Ricey's incident they were both along the same lines so the CCCC doesn't really have any other option than to give him 8 weeks or they will have alot of explaining to do over Ricey's ban.

Also, if he is banned, it shouldn't be a length ban it should be a match ban as if it's 4 weeks he will only miss one match.

ziggysego

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 01, 2009, 11:30:30 PM

Well you really should supply source material. Otherwises hardstation will think the news came directly from you ;)
Testing Accessibility

Oakleafer93

Quote from: ziggysego on April 01, 2009, 11:32:33 PM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 01, 2009, 11:30:30 PM

Well you really should supply source material. Otherwises hardstation will think the news came directly from you ;)

Sorry, I'm new to this place!

ziggysego

I'm only messing Oakleafer, don't worry ;)

Shush hardstation
Testing Accessibility

gerry

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 01, 2009, 11:20:43 PM
Tyrone attacker Tommy McGuigan may be facing a four-week ban following an incident involving Derry's Sean Marty Lockhart during last Saturday's NFL clash at Omagh.

The Central Competitions Control Committee met on Tuesday to review evidence of the incident, and are expected to propose a four-week suspension for the Ardboe clubman, which would rule him out of Sunday week's final round NFL Division 1 game against Mayo. If that happened, McGuigan would have the option of appealing to the Central Hearings Committee.

i don't think its happen yet oak
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

Selective video evidence again !!

screenexile

I might get castigated for this after the stance I took on McMenamin's incident but I think McGuigan should only get the 4 week ban. His was not pre meditated and was more of a lashing out whereas Ricey was completely calm and walked over to Galvin to purposely squeeze his balls. I think Ricey's 8 weeks are completely justified and if McGuigan gets 4 then that's fair enough.

orangeman

Why don't we just have a citing commissioner at every match ala rugby and then we can catch everybody who steps over the line ??

Oakleafer93

Quote from: orangeman on April 02, 2009, 12:07:34 AM
Why don't we just have a citing commissioner at every match ala rugby and then we can catch everybody who steps over the line ??

I agree, linesmen have no balls to tell the referee what happened for fear of backlash from the crowd.

screenexile

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 02, 2009, 12:09:26 AM
Quote from: orangeman on April 02, 2009, 12:07:34 AM

I agree, linesmen have no balls to tell the referee what happened for fear of backlash from the crowd.

First Ricey gropes them, then Tommy knees them... I knew it. It was only a matter of time until this behaviour escalated. Once they've the confidence up after the linesmen they'll be castrating Referees as well... dirty Tyrone baxtards!!