Tommy Mc Guigan Ban

Started by Oakleafer93, April 01, 2009, 11:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Freud would have a paper about this. Why Tyrone s obsession with testicles - other peoples? Is it some subconcious castration anxiety? They re obviously anxious to castrate somebody else. Speculation about length of suspension is besides the point. They have to accept what they get. To appeal after getting caught doing that would be embarrassing.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Mike Sheehy

another low down act by a Tyrone player. The level of thuggery that this one team has introduced to Gaelic games is shameful. Mickey Harte is single handedly turning Gaelic football into a bigger thugfest than those international rules that he keeps blathering about. Bloody hypocrite.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 02, 2009, 01:38:49 AM
another low down act by a Tyrone player. The level of thuggery that this one team has introduced to Gaelic games is shameful. Mickey Harte is single handedly turning Gaelic football into a bigger thugfest than those international rules that he keeps blathering about. Bloody hypocrite.

The hypocrisy is something else isn't it!

cornerback

I see MH is in the Irish News today complaining about trial my media...

Trying to get the us-against-them attitude going i suppose  ::)

AFS

Did the ref not give him a black 'card' for the incident at the time? Does the GAA not have the same rule as in soccer where when an incident is dealt with at the time it can't be revisited?

tyronefan

no seemly they can revisit the incident if the ref admits he made a mistake and did not deal with it properly at the time

mostly this rule only applies to northern teams

SidelineKick

If you can't do the time...
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ziggysego

That is the rule. If the ref dealt with it, nothing more can be done unless it's regarding something he missed. Ie, if he got the black card for something else.
Testing Accessibility

Oakleafer93

Quote from: AFS on April 02, 2009, 10:37:12 AM
Did the ref not give him a black 'card' for the incident at the time? Does the GAA not have the same rule as in soccer where when an incident is dealt with at the time it can't be revisited?

I think the incident is more if the ref gave a card what was it for, because what Tommy did was a straigh red so it was wrong implementation of the rules by the referee. So he either saw nothing or saw something and obviously saw something...

under the bar

I thought by the thread title that some gaelgoir was inferring that Tommy was a tranny!   :o

rrhf

This is scandalous stuff by the disciplinary guys.  Why they revisit games after they take place and the hands are shaken after the game is scandalous.  When they take these cases then these cases need defending, and it becomes a different game to the game in trhe first place.  The ref dealt with it and nobody got killed, it should be left at that.  It seems there are those within the GAA who want to videoreferee our games week by week.  They are destroying our games by inviting these post game to joust in these off the field battles and subsequently substantially undermining the referee.  

SidelineKick

rrhf I have asked it several times and I have yet to get an opinion, why did the ref tick him?  If he seen the knee it was a red, if he didnt its nothing.  Nothing he did warranted a tick.

Its a coincidence that its another Tyrone player (and even more so it was against Derry) but we can't keep letting stuff like this go on and no punishment.  The authorities are trying to stamp this kind of thing out and its this type of behaviour that is destroying our games, not those who hand out the punishments.

Reported.

under the bar

Invariably the bigger teams are the ones to suffer as a result since their gamea re the ones televised.

Still no word about Ciaran McKeever allegedly jumping the fence to punch a man's lights out then sneaking back over again to his seat.   Indiscipline needs to be investigated whether incidents are televised or not.

SidelineKick

Quote from: under the bar on April 02, 2009, 11:40:59 AM
Invariably the bigger teams are the ones to suffer as a result since their gamea re the ones televised.

Still no word about Ciaran McKeever allegedly jumping the fence to punch a man's lights out then sneaking back over again to his seat.   Indiscipline needs to be investigated whether incidents are televised or not.

Totally agree, its just unfortunate that video evidence makes it easier for certain teams.

Reported.