Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 01, 2016, 11:02:36 AM
Quote from: supersub on December 31, 2015, 02:27:29 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 30, 2015, 04:31:39 PM
How anyone who knows the merest scintilla about Manchester United can even suggest Mourinho leaves me almost lost for words.

All conquering, almighty, bow to his greatness Sir Alex Ferguson suggested Mourinho as well as Pep, Klopp and Moyes when helping to search for his successor. The latter was the only one available at the time and was deemed suitable for the role. If Jose is good enough for Utd's saviour, he should be good enough for the fans  ;) ;)

Did you just make that up to suit your argument? The stories of Jose being in tears at hearing the news of Moyes' appointment must be untrue so.

Mourinho is a modern day Jack Charlton. United are supposed to play attacking football with style & adventure in the best traditions of the club. LVG is not achieving that but I think he wants to and in the past has had teams who have done so. Mourinho will not entertain or attempt that.

The bad run needs to be arrested sooner rather than later though.

Just on the post mentioning Hughes - I think he warrants serious consideration if there were a vacancy. Pochettino also. My preference would be that this take place in the summer though.

Yes I made it up  ::) I don't post in this thread at all, why would I make something up. I watched a full interview with Ferguson where he disclosed the above.

Take a look at Mourinho's record, won trophies wherever he has been. Utd are 'supposed' to play attacking football? Is this written in the bye laws of the club or something? Never heard as much..in my life. Mourinho's team would bringing trophies to OT a lot sooner than LVGs.

Boycey

I saw the interview supersub refers to I think, it was pure 'managerspeak'. Who knows the truth...

I wouldn't be that annoyed about the way football would be played under Mourinho, i think its a bit of a falsehood to say all his his teams have been exclusively negative. I just don't like the way he operates, his contstant need for conflict. He might bring short term success but often leaves a broken club behind him.

Utd are currently struggling to replace the collosus that was Fergie is it worth bringing in Mourinho in the hope of maybe winning a quick league and finding ourselves back in the same spot in 2/3 years or stick with the slow transition that's currently taking place?

laoislad

Ah come on seanie!!!! Mourinho the modern day Jack Charlton  ;D
How much drink did you have last night.?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

STREET FIGHTER

Lol what was it again?

Chimps?

supersub

Quote from: Boycey on January 01, 2016, 07:39:14 PM
I saw the interview supersub refers to I think, it was pure 'managerspeak'. Who knows the truth...

I wouldn't be that annoyed about the way football would be played under Mourinho, i think its a bit of a falsehood to say all his his teams have been exclusively negative. I just don't like the way he operates, his contstant need for conflict. He might bring short term success but often leaves a broken club behind him.

Utd are currently struggling to replace the collosus that was Fergie is it worth bringing in Mourinho in the hope of maybe winning a quick league and finding ourselves back in the same spot in 2/3 years or stick with the slow transition that's currently taking place?

Yes - maybe so, but he still mentioned him, and didn't have to. Plenty of other managers out there of high calibre who weren't, that's all I'm saying.

StGallsGAA

So does anyone think we'll buy a striker or even if LVG will be allowed to spend in Jan??

beer baron

Higuain absolutely tearing it up in Serie A. Who goes in for him? Ourselves or Chelsea?

stew

I swear to God, 75,000 people pack OT and the only fans you can here are the handful of Swansea fans, the atmosphere at OT mos of the time is simply dreadful these days, Palace has a tremendous support base, far far smaller than United's but the atmosphere is always tremendous.

Rooney looks like he has gained back a yard of pace overnight and he looks the best he has all season, which wouldnt be hard, I think he will score in the second half and United nick this one from a well organised Swansea outfit, time will tell.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on January 02, 2016, 04:01:08 PM
Rooney looks like he has gained back a yard of pace overnight and he looks the best he has all season, which wouldnt be hard, I think he will score in the second half and United nick this one from a well organised Swansea outfit, time will tell.
A good call.

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 02, 2016, 04:54:40 PM
Quote from: stew on January 02, 2016, 04:01:08 PM
A good call.

Some goal that, incredible flick with a ball coming at speed on a wet surface, that said the goal Villa scored might well win the goal of the season, that finish was even better if that is possible.

I am flip flopping here, I think LVG should stay until the end of the season, the players seem to be getting what he wants and Rooney is slowly coming around and is playing for the manager, as Captain that sends a strong message to the rest of the squad, I still dont believe in LVG but performances have been better of late, he has them attacking at speed and I think he can guide them to third or fourth this season with what he has.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GJL

Nice to be looking forward to MOTD for a change.

Samforever

Quote from: GJL on January 02, 2016, 05:39:41 PM
Nice to be looking forward to MOTD for a change.
Tell me. Did they all hold hands at the end. Seems quite the thing to do .

From the Bunker

Great result for LVG! Swansea at home is a real banana skin, they have a solid away record. Rooney back to his best and all forgiven. Unbeaten in the League so far this year!LVG will surely stay until the end of the season! Seems to have finally got the players to play the way he wants them to. And finally getting them listening. I'd say Giggs had a big say in today's performance. Had Giggs written all over it! It's amazing but when Giggs has his say, Utd play well and win. When they lose he says nothing. Can't fathom that one?

Milltown Row2

Look Utd should be, and have in the past against lesser lights won handy... Stopped the run of mot winning and a bitta space from the has-beens
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maigheo

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 02, 2016, 06:27:26 PM
Great result for LVG! Swansea at home is a real banana skin, they have a solid away record. Rooney back to his best and all forgiven. Unbeaten in the League so far this year!LVG will surely stay until the end of the season! Seems to have finally got the players to play the way he wants them to. And finally getting them listening. I'd say Giggs had a big say in today's performance. Had Giggs written all over it! It's amazing but when Giggs has his say, Utd play well and win. When they lose he says nothing. Can't fathom that one?
Jaysus Bunker ,I hope you were drinking for a few days before you wrote that