Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

1200 die hards? Cop on. There were less than 100 in some away league matches in recent years

Those Laois people need to turn out more often and maybe then the machinery can start working properly. One day in the sun at a match we could never win is not proper support. Delighted to see them and all, but hopefully a third of them will be at our first home league match

Yes Kildare will have to row in because you're right, that's how this works. I hope they take their punishment and shame the GAA who are woefully disconnected from the Kildare players who want to play in Newbridge

Don Draper

f**k the Kildare players, and f**k the GPA. I dont recall them having anything to say when we were getting rode by the GAA to go play in Nowlan Park. And now the GPA are out making statements here, while ignoring the shitstorm that the Kildare hurlers are currently in. Which incidentally, the Kildare County Board have very little to say about also. Its incredible.

High Fielder

I said at the time and I will reiterate it now. We should never have played that game in Nowlan Park. That's the only reason I'm backing Kildare on this. Yes they shafted us and so did everyone else, but in fairness they haven't asked for backing. It's a unilateral decision.

You're right about their hurlers Don. Awful carry on

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Don Draper on June 27, 2018, 11:04:01 AM
f**k the Kildare players, and f**k the GPA. I dont recall them having anything to say when we were getting rode by the GAA to go play in Nowlan Park. And now the GPA are out making statements here, while ignoring the shitstorm that the Kildare hurlers are currently in. Which incidentally, the Kildare County Board have very little to say about also. Its incredible.

Kildare Hurlers is a fight worth having.

Don Draper

High Fielder

Now our CB need to remind them about Nowlan Park at every available opportunity. The GAA sicken my hole. Making it up as they go along, let it be venues, discipline or whatever. No wonder people are walking away in droves

Andy06

Caveat to this needs to be that Kildare need to get their ground sorted (either new or upgrade Conleths - if even possible). If this isnt done (or plans to that effect arent made) in 5 years then GAA start cutting their funding.
Its widely known they have a shithole of a ground, they played hardball now to get their home game and fair play to them. But end result has to be a willingness to improve the ground.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 27, 2018, 11:14:09 AM

And a fight that can't be won!
As wrong as it is, these are the rules that were passed at Congress.
I don't know how these things are never argued about until 6 or 18 months later on the eve of a fixture.
Shows the calibre/attitude/deference of the delegates being sent to these meetings.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Tony

I'm glad this is being played in Kildare now. It'll set a good precedent and this is the way it should be. Fair is fair. We should have had home advantage vs Dublin in 2016 but let's not forget the matter was complicated due to the fact that we had to play wicklow 2 weeks before that, thus meaning that we couldn't campaign properly for it to be in Portlaoise as we had to get over Wicklow first. Anyway, correct decision. Kildare should rightly be ashamed of their home ground though. It should be to the level of OMP or O connor park by now if they had their house in order.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on June 27, 2018, 12:07:46 PM
I'm glad this is being played in Kildare now. It'll set a good precedent and this is the way it should be..

To paraphrase Gerry Conlon- "you're an innocent mon!!"
This precedent will quickly become irrelevant once the Rules & Regulations for 2019 are passed by all- with a little modification;

6.2.3 (1) Subsection A (ii) V
All games, at all stages, irrespective of the draw, are subject to fixing by the CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc.......
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 27, 2018, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 27, 2018, 11:14:09 AM

And a fight that can't be won!
As wrong as it is, these are the rules that were passed at Congress.
I don't know how these things are never argued about until 6 or 18 months later on the eve of a fixture.
Shows the calibre/attitude/deference of the delegates being sent to these meetings.

I agree with that. Feathering their own nests a lot of the time. Said and led

The PRO

Quote from: Andy06 on June 27, 2018, 11:55:21 AM
Caveat to this needs to be that Kildare need to get their ground sorted (either new or upgrade Conleths - if even possible). If this isnt done (or plans to that effect arent made) in 5 years then GAA start cutting their funding.
Its widely known they have a shithole of a ground, they played hardball now to get their home game and fair play to them. But end result has to be a willingness to improve the ground.
I wouldn't.like.to be.the.Kildare officer who goes cap in  hand looking for their next grant off Croker!!

The PRO

Quote from: High Fielder on June 27, 2018, 03:09:47 PM
You make it sound like the Mafia PRO.
Anyone who doesn't think the GAA works like the Mafia in some ways is very naive.  ;)

High Fielder

Oh I don't think anyone is that naive PRO. I think we're well aware of how these elected representatives carry on