Hurling championship 2018

Started by seafoid, April 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

great scenes on the field at the end. great win for tipp.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orchard park

I attended it.  Awful reffing , Mark Coleman avoided a 2nd yellow when the ref was only one at the game didn't see him foul .... Dalton the Cprk no 1q the mouthiest  tool i have seen in a long time.

Hungrier team won.

Will Liam Cahill get the shout now ??

AZOffaly

Quote from: Orchard park on August 26, 2018, 08:41:50 PM
I attended it.  Awful reffing , Mark Coleman avoided a 2nd yellow when the ref was only one at the game didn't see him foul .... Dalton the Cprk no 1q the mouthiest  tool i have seen in a long time.

Hungrier team won.

There will be a groundswell of support alright, especially when you consider the John Kiely factor in Limerick.

I wouldn't be Cahill's biggest fan given his attitude towards the big ball, but in fairness to him he has delivered at underage and deserves the top gig if he wants it.

Agree on the refereeing. It looked like he was going to allow everything go, and he just ignored steps completely.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 26, 2018, 09:06:08 PM

Hungrier team won.

There will be a groundswell of support alright, especially when you consider the John Kiely factor in Limerick.

I wouldn't be Cahill's biggest fan given his attitude towards the big ball, but in fairness to him he has delivered at underage and deserves the top gig if he wants it.

Agree on the refereeing. It looked like he was going to allow everything go, and he just ignored steps completely.

Not sure there is a ref out there who enforces anything even close to the steps rule
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orchard park

Steps was least of the awful reffing today. The mark Coleman incident was farcical and could have cost tipp the game

spuds

Quote from: Orchard park on August 26, 2018, 10:09:50 PM
Steps was least of the awful reffing today. The mark Coleman incident was farcical and could have cost tipp the game
Really poor decision, was blatantly clear that Colman had repeated the pull down he has committed for the 1st half penalty.

They said on commentary that only 9 frees given in first half which I found interesting.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Orchard park

Coleman was about to walk himself looking at his body language when the No 5 was pulled up instead.

I hate laughing refs ever since that cnut Dickie Murphy

AZOffaly

Quote from: Orchard park on August 26, 2018, 10:58:04 PM
Coleman was about to walk himself looking at his body language when the No 5 was pulled up instead.

I hate laughing refs ever since that cnut Dickie Murphy

True!!

mouview

Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2018, 09:13:02 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 26, 2018, 09:06:08 PM

Hungrier team won.

Not sure there is a ref out there who enforces anything even close to the steps rule

In the Leinster final the Galway goalie was penalised for taking puck-outs outside the small square. No U-21 goalie has been pulled for it since as far as I can see, despite a number of transgressions.

manfromdelmonte

You'd wonder who is head of hurling referees?
There are a number of glaring issues which need to be improved

'All is grand lads, nothing to see here'

johnnycool

Hungrier team won.

Didn't get to see the game but that was some turn around for Tipp from the walloping they took in the Munster final getting "bate out the gate" by 13 points, almost double scores.

As for Cork have they anyone else on that team with something to offer the seniors who isn't already there?

If they can refine the Dalton lad a bit, he could offer that bit of an edge that their current set of forwards don't have.

Thought the Tipp fullback was a clinker in the game with Galway (as was the Galway fullback TBF) and may need blooded sooner rather than later at senior level.

Roashter

Tipp fullback is a brother to Noel/John McGrath and looks fairly promising
Dalton has serious power but he seemed to lack pace on Sunday. In saying that his leg was very heavily strapped so he probably wasn't at full flight

AZOffaly

Quote from: Roashter on August 28, 2018, 08:21:10 PM
Tipp fullback is a brother to Noel/John McGrath and looks fairly promising
Dalton has serious power but he seemed to lack pace on Sunday. In saying that his leg was very heavily strapped so he probably wasn't at full flight

Brian McGrath is the latest of the McGrath production line. He's a much different cat to the brothers though. Strong under a high ball, good striker, but not nearly as wristy or knacky as the two lads. A hard worker but is a bit limited for pace, which may come against him at senior level.