Mugsy continued

Started by rrhf, July 01, 2008, 04:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Im 40 odd years old and a fine judge of character, and Mugsy is a fine character, great craic and fun,  hes also a very good person, enjoys life on the edge and with a little bit of white dublin leather in his hands is a sporting genius.  With Canavan retired I guess some Tyrone player has to take the Armagh wrath or judgement on an ongoing basis.  Put it like this if we compare this one to Oisisn.  Oisisn wrote his book, in it he admitted he lived the life the way he lived his life , but it was his choice to make it an issue, he wanted his book to sell at the expense of some very private problems and issues - his desicions, no proiblem.    Canavan wrote a book - a picture book - kept it football, his decision.   Mugsy has not wrote a book, hasnt chosen to write a book and lives a private life.. If he wrote a book how many pages should he devote to the scraper gate scandal - my guess despite the national and british press devoting pages and pages to it - 3 lines would be sufficient.   Why because its not important.  People will always remember Mugsy as the man who made sure Francie Bellew didnt step out of line or get near an injured Canavan in 2003, people will remember the genius that was him in 2005, the goal, the boots, the hair, the hill the flamboyance, the respect for others and himself as every true sporting great has.  Yes we know hes maybe a few problems but havent we all, hes flamboyant and hes two all Ireland medals.  Not bad for a cub.
2 weeks ago maybe he was only sending out a message to the average   joes that forever dellight in knocking him - Mugsy dosent need to scrape the floor these guys do it for him. 
I think people like to knock and its far too easy when you dont know the guy.  But Owen is one of the guys its kinda not right to knock him because you wouldnt if you knew him. 

The Real Laoislad

Christ how many threads are needed about him  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Captain Black

How long have you been curting him?

T Fearon

I'm sure after Mugsy "wrotes" his book (surely he should have the requisite literacy skills sometime soon) it will be a best seller, and in years to come, no doubt, will find its way onto the various English Literatue syllabuses North and South of the Border. Could I suggest the title "Just Scraping by" ;D

Fuzzman

I don't know Mugsy at all and I suspect like many people who have posted both positive and negative comments about the lad over the years they claim to know him or his type a little.

In my own opinion I suspect Mugsy is no angel as are MOST GAA players but by simply changing his hair colour from Red to Blonde he seems to have set himself up as a hate figure for many rival fans, especially in Ulster.

I think there is a mixture of feelings people have for the man but the main one seems to be I hope he turns out to be sh*te cos he looks like a real bad boy.
Usually rival supporters don't like when their main rivals have good players who cause them to lose matches.

Oisin is a prime example for us Tyrone folk as he sure looks ugly, is a dirty fecker, comes across arrogant, writes books about his troubled life (Be it TRUE or not) but then wonders why people give him a hard time. I'd say if Oisin wasn't such a good score getter then us Tyronians wouldn't despise him half as much

Likewise with players like Mugsy and recently Mark Vaughan. Just cos they've got a strange hairstyle and show some arrogance people start to go way OTT with what type of person they're like cos we want to see them FAIL.
Look at the guys who say Mugsy fouled the ball when he scored that wonder goal.
They want to take away any glory the man might get cos they don't have the balls to be a bit different and to take the flak with that.

I think Mugsy is far from one of the best players in Ulster sometimes but other times like Post that Wonder goal the man can be deadly accurate and is typical of a confidence based forward

There was a great HONEST article in the Irish Times or Indo back in 2005 when he said he'd lost the hunger to train but Mickey helped him through that time.
He is only a young man like the rest of us who makes mistakes like the rest of us.
Just cos he wears his heart on his sleeve he is a lot braver than some of the Toe rags who just CANT WAIT to see him fail cos he dares to be different.

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 01, 2008, 06:10:37 PM

They want to take away any glory the man might get cos they don't have the balls to be a bit different and to take the flak with that.

I didn't read the original thread, but got the jist of it - neither he nor any other GAA player should be named in the tabloids.

Just please stop saying that he didn't foul that ball!

tyssam5

Quote from: heffo on July 01, 2008, 06:16:08 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 01, 2008, 06:10:37 PM

I didn't read the original thread, but got the jist of it - neither nor any other GAA player should be named in the tabloids.

Just please stop saying that he didn't foul that ball!

I get good amusement out of old duffers at matches, shouting at refs about rules that haven't been in effect since 1979 (if they ever were?)

Can anyone think of any others?

Mike Sheehy

Lads, the Mulligan thread was removed before I read it and I couldnt be arsed searching online to find out about it as, no doubt , its a non-story. However the more you post threads about it the more curious you are making me, and probably other people, as to what, exactly, happened. Bottom line is that you are not helping his cause.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 01, 2008, 07:57:06 PM
Lads, the Mulligan thread was removed before I read it and I couldnt be arsed searching online to find out about it as, no doubt , its a non-story. However the more you post threads about it the more curious you are making me, and probably other people, as to what, exactly, happened. Bottom line is that you are not helping his cause.

:o  You wouldn't by chance have gotten a bit of a WUM warning of late Mike?
your recent posts seem to be lacking a little of their usual sting ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

I am working on bringing the whole censorship thing to a head, specifically its uneven application. Normal service will resume shortly. Stay tuned.

Tyrones own

Ah Right, seriously, how many days did you get anyway?
I'm a fair man Mikey, I'll wait til your back to full strength :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

peterquaife

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2008, 05:00:57 PM
I'm sure after Mugsy "wrotes" his book (surely he should have the requisite literacy skills sometime soon) it will be a best seller, and in years to come, no doubt, will find its way onto the various English Literatue syllabuses North and South of the Border. Could I suggest the title "Just Scraping by" ;D

i do love good literatue

have met the guy once, he was civil and good craic..and me a Derry man

PQ

T Fearon

I believe under certain circumstances, the likes of Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler could also be civil and good craic as well

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on July 02, 2008, 02:01:17 PM
I believe under certain circumstances, the likes of Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler could also be civil and good craic as well

Christ Almighty, you're as bad a ONeill in the thread about Dublin's time keeping  ::)
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.