National league final day. Tyrone v Cavan

Started by rrhf, April 03, 2016, 09:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Mickey throws a curved ball

Don't worry Itchy.
Jinxy, Main Street and a few others follow us around like a bad smell.

joemamas

A little(lot)off topic, does anybody have any idea what the Loachra event after the League final will entail. Hopefully it will not be some cringeworty shi*e, with with all due respect to him, Micheal O muirahurthichty (spelt incorrectly too lazy to look it up) being rolled out to host.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: joemamas on April 06, 2016, 01:36:26 PM
A little(lot)off topic, does anybody have any idea what the Loachra event after the League final will entail. Hopefully it will not be some cringeworty shi*e, with with all due respect to him, Micheal O muirahurthichty (spelt incorrectly too lazy to look it up) being rolled out to host.

It's being organised and run by Tyrone Productions  (no direct connection) -- they who gave us Riverdance, amongst others.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fetOGKnrnA8

The GAA is planning a special event to mark the centenary of the 1916 Rising. Following the Division One and Two Allianz Football League Finals at Croke Park on Sunday April 24, we will present a show that will commemorate  the Rising, the Proclamation, the story of Gaelic Games and the GAA's role since 1916. The show will incorporate large-scale innovative theatre, dance, song, poetry and pageantry.  We are confident that this production will enhance what is already an eagerly anticipated Allianz League Finals double header.

Ticketing Details

Hogan Stand (No Concession)  - €35 Adult
Cusack/Davin Stand -€35 Adult/ €5 Juveniles

twohands!!!

Quote from: joemamas on April 06, 2016, 01:36:26 PM

Will all that many even stay around for this?

If it's a Donegal v Roscommon or Kerry final, I'd imagine a lot of supporters will be fairly keen to start heading for home once the match is over. I think there is a bit of 1916 fatigue about as well at this stage after Easter.

skeog

bit steep those ticket prices imo gaa be hoping dubs reach final against kerry as that would mean stadium be half full at least

ONeill

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 05, 2016, 01:14:19 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 05, 2016, 12:41:57 PM
Quote from: Gonzalo15 on April 04, 2016, 03:16:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 03, 2016, 11:34:39 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on April 03, 2016, 10:14:47 PM
That National League final in Clones in 2002 where 25159 attended. Things were about to kick off for Tyrone over the next few years. Cavan were all over Tyrone in the first half if my memory serves me right.

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6utbkUdTXU

Jesus, Canavan was mighty that day

The thing that sticks in my mind about that day was Mcguigans stepover followed by Canavans backheel flick to an on running ricey.

I was thinking about that the other day too and was going to trawl through that Youtube footage to find that incident. I wasn't sure if it was this game or the final v Laois the following year.

Even after Ricey fumbled her, Canavan's shoulder kept the move alive. He must've been a hateful hoor to mark.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Did you not put manners on him when he was a cub playing for errigal ciaran 2 v the hill

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Whishtup

Jinxy

Lads, there's a big 1916 commemoration on in Croke Park the day of the league finals.
Lots of families will be there to enjoy the day out.
Try not to do anything to bring the game into disrepute...

that goes for the Tyrone lads as well.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

T Fearon

Pivotal game for Tyrone.A third consecutive failure to beat a middle tier Ulster team, on top of relinquishing the the U21 crown could set back football in Tyrone for years

omagh_gael

Quote from: T Fearon on April 12, 2016, 04:56:11 PM
Pivotal game for Tyrone.A third consecutive failure to beat a middle tier Ulster team, on top of relinquishing the the U21 crown could set back football in Tyrone for years

It is great to see the Armagh colours on display on Ulster final day.

https://youtu.be/6AWXWJ6O1vA

(Pity it's just the colour scheme on the nets ;) )

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Jinxy on April 05, 2016, 04:07:57 PM
Have any of the Cavan lads been on to say they don't care about winning this yet?
I remember the year Monaghan beat us (in comical circumstances) in the Division 2 final.
It was like an All-Ireland to them.

F*ckin right it was.. and I for one take no shame in that. Beating Meath any day is fierce craic, especially in Croke Park with the last kick of the ball and, it was the first piece of silverware we won in 17 years! You'll probably behave similarly over the next few years, now that the boot is on the other foot.