The mayo complex

Started by rrhf, December 31, 2014, 11:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Just watched the two kerry mayo semi finals again.  I have watched mayo bate in umpteen finals but the manner in which kerry beat them this year was heartbreaking.  They needed just a little more leadership and will to win.  Why aren't these guys prepared to do that 5% more to win Sam.

maigheo

Jesus Christ almighty you should be out enjoying yourself rather than worrying about poor aul Mayo

rrhf

Negative. Having re watched a lot of games over the last 2 days mayo are as close as anything. Perhaps they need a talk from inda.

orangeman

And on that wind up we'll close for the new year.

;)

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: rrhf on December 31, 2014, 11:05:46 PM
Just watched the two kerry mayo semi finals again.  I have watched mayo bate in umpteen finals but the manner in which kerry beat them this year was heartbreaking.  They needed just a little more leadership and will to win.  Why aren't these guys prepared to do that 5% more to win Sam.

In fairness bar a Kerry player not getting sent off that should have. Two of our more influential players banging into each others heads. The game being payed in a Munster venue. The referee having a mare in being as biased as a referee could be to one team. And coming back from 3 points down given all these obstacles to bring the game to extra time by a group who played with 14 men for nearly a full game 6 days earlier.  No leaders my hole!

Quote from: laoislad on January 01, 2015, 12:03:30 AM
They'll win it this year.

Dublins to lose!

rrhf

The joke is 1 of sullivan,  gormley, cavanagh,  or o se and they would have won it anyway.....and I'm only talking their guile or street wisdom.

rrhf

Dublin will win the league but will struggle against the so called big 5 kerry, Donegal, mayo, and the insomniac bedfellows of Armagh / westmeath.

From the Bunker

Quote from: rrhf on January 01, 2015, 12:21:11 AM
The joke is 1 of sullivan,  gormley, cavanagh,  or o se and they would have won it anyway.....and I'm only talking their guile or street wisdom.

The Joke is we were running on empty this year. And despite all this the AI champions needed a hand in both games to beat us. We have our leaders, they may not be of the standard of the players you have mentioned, but they are miles ahead of anything your present county panel have to offer.

rrhf

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on January 01, 2015, 12:25:24 AM
Dublin will win the league but will struggle against the so called big 5 kerry, Donegal, mayo, and the insomniac bedfellows of Armagh / westmeath.

We're worried about Westmeath- training at 7am and embracing old training methods of running around pitches.

Could be an outside bet.

ONeill

At what point do we stop rooting for Mayo?

They're a bit like Jimmy White.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on January 01, 2015, 01:17:41 AM
At what point do we stop rooting for Mayo?

They're a bit like Jimmy White.
Did Jimmy White win as many all Irelands as Throne ? 

seafoid

I thought the topic was going to be about an all weather training pitch outside Castlebar.

orangeman

The Mort would bring much more than 5%.