Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

And would these new faces have names or is it all top secret?

sensethetone

We're missing Under Lights/ South Tyrone Gael now.

NotedObserver

Quote from: the_daddy on November 20, 2023, 03:24:57 PMRonan Duffin, Ben Cullen and Conall Devlin have been mentioned as call-ups.

Conall Devlin a top ball carrier if at full fitness

superstar_

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 20, 2023, 11:46:40 AM
Quote from: FearCrua8 on November 20, 2023, 11:41:32 AM
Quote from: NotedObserver on November 17, 2023, 07:14:14 PMWith the allstars on tonight is there any word of Tyrone starting back up? Any new faces on and off the pitch?

Hearing alot of new faces up. Good to see
I had previously heard:

Aodhan Donaghy - Loughmacrory
Eoin McElholm - Loughmacrory
Tarlach Quinn - Moortown
Cormac Donnelly - Galbally
Lorcan McGarrity - Carrickmore
Conor McAneney - Glenelly
Tiernan Quinn - Coalisland

Anyone else?
Quote from: the_daddy on November 20, 2023, 03:24:57 PMRonan Duffin, Ben Cullen and Conall Devlin have been mentioned as call-ups.

Would any of these call ups actually improve Tyrone anywhere? Can not see  any of them making any impact.

time ticking away

Quote from: superstar_ on November 21, 2023, 09:29:39 AM
Quote from: NotedObserver on November 17, 2023, 07:14:14 PMWith the allstars on tonight is there any word of Tyrone starting back up? Any new faces on and off the pitch?

I had previously heard:

Tarlach Quinn - Moortown

Anyone else?

Would any of these call ups actually improve Tyrone anywhere? Can not see  any of them making any impact.
New panelists don't normally make an immediate impact on any county team.
Whoever is brought in will need a year or two before they start showing what they are capable of.
Mattie Donnelly is a perfect example
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

God14

I had previously heard:

Tarlach Quinn - Moortown

Anyone else?

I dont think so myself.

Eoin McElholm possibly.

GlenMan

Quote from: God14 on November 21, 2023, 10:42:08 AM

I had previously heard:

Tarlach Quinn - Moortown

Anyone else?

I dont think so myself.

Eoin McElholm possibly.

The first 15/18 players has barely changed in the last few years. Some big retirements incoming too. Really need to be bedding in a good few younger players this season.

Might bring some drive back that's been lost since the AI win too

Goals_Will_Come

It would be my hope that Sean O'Donnell, Daley Jones, Ryan Jones etc. push on this year and make themselves starters or sub options in the half back half forward lines. Tyrone lack pace and drive from these areas and these players have that pace and line breaking capability that hopefully we can see coming into the team next year.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 21, 2023, 11:22:03 AMIt would be my hope that Sean O'Donnell, Daley Jones, Ryan Jones etc. push on this year and make themselves starters or sub options in the half back half forward lines. Tyrone lack pace and drive from these areas and these players have that pace and line breaking capability that hopefully we can see coming into the team next year.

Plenty of options. Cush and Clarke something to offer. Forward line needs a change to combine with Canavans and McCurry. Can the 3 of them start on same team?

trailer

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 21, 2023, 11:22:03 AMIt would be my hope that Sean O'Donnell, Daley Jones, Ryan Jones etc. push on this year and make themselves starters or sub options in the half back half forward lines. Tyrone lack pace and drive from these areas and these players have that pace and line breaking capability that hopefully we can see coming into the team next year.

What ages are them Jones lads? Thought they'd have made their breakthrough by this stage. One of them struggled to start for the Clarkes did he not?

God14

Quote from: NotedObserver on November 21, 2023, 01:28:35 PM

Plenty of options. Cush and Clarke something to offer. Forward line needs a change to combine with Canavans and McCurry. Can the 3 of them start on same team?

I dont think you can start those 3. All under 6ft. Playing against massed defence's its imperative to have varied / aerial options. Hopefully McGleenan & McShane can get a run at it fitness wise. I know McShane underwent surgery again in September. If that were to finally end his injury nightmare we could be in business.

You'd also be hoping for progression now from the likes of Niall Devlin, Eoin Corry, Aidan Clarke, Joe Oguz, Sean O'Donnell, Conor Cush

We could really do with Rory Brennan returning. Stand out defender in the county.

BIGONE

If we are depending on the Jones lads we are in bother. From what I seen of them this year they aren't at that level. O'Donnell is excellent. Will Gray get a look in? Joe Oguz should push through. Been impressive this season.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: God14 on November 21, 2023, 03:22:50 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on November 21, 2023, 01:28:35 PM

I dont think you can start those 3. All under 6ft. Playing against massed defence's its imperative to have varied / aerial options. Hopefully McGleenan & McShane can get a run at it fitness wise. I know McShane underwent surgery again in September. If that were to finally end his injury nightmare we could be in business.

You'd also be hoping for progression now from the likes of Niall Devlin, Eoin Corry, Aidan Clarke, Joe Oguz, Sean O'Donnell, Conor Cush

We could really do with Rory Brennan returning. Stand out defender in the county.
That would be a massive boost if he could be talked into coming back on board. If Tyrone have Brennan in at 6, the defence would be in a better place. Would need to find a corner back (Aidan Clarke would be my choice) and a wing back (hope would be Sean O'Donnell or Meyler with Sean O'Donnell then at 10)
McKernan Hampsey Clarke
ODonnell/Meyler Brennan Harte

smort

Good few new faces here

Wouldn't know a lot of them. I see big Donnelly from Galbally and Tarlach Quinn Moortown but would need help with a loft of the faces

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=735103481992541&id=100064786864219

God14

Eagled eyed smort! fair play

struggling to identify half a dozen of them myself. Great to see so many new faces though. Roll on McKenna cup