Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2022, 10:02:05 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on June 30, 2022, 09:50:09 PM
Quote from: erinsboy on June 30, 2022, 03:56:27 PM
Not the only time we best Galls during that time MR2!
I recall lovely summer evening near the river Bann....

Gerard O'Boyle was unplayable that night.

Was that when we lost but because of the back door won the final?

Aye O'Boyle was quality, always had that spark that you didn't know what he was going to do next
A great St Galls side in that era, but you should also be grateful for the Cargin side at that time. Only for them St Galls would have won 16 titles in a row between 2001 and 2016. No one else laid a glove on them really, St Galls never had any problem getting motivated for the Cargin games which was another sign of what a great team they were.

imtommygunn

A great cargin side too. You do wonder how they compare to their current team. You wonder will we ever see the likes of that galls team again.

Eddie Quinn was a good one. Both them boys did play county at one point though not as much as we would have liked but doesn't always happen.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 08:22:27 AM
A great cargin side too. You do wonder how they compare to their current team. You wonder will we ever see the likes of that galls team again.

Eddie Quinn was a good one. Both them boys did play county at one point though not as much as we would have liked but doesn't always happen.

It comes in cycle's for us early 80's we won Ulster and appeared in Ulster final following year to be beaten by a great Burren club late 80's the odd 90's appearances in county finals to that team...

The tradition is there so it'll come back, might never win an All Ireland again but sure not many do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Have St Galls won an All Ireland?   ;)

Spike

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 01, 2022, 12:22:29 PM
Have St Galls won an All Ireland?   ;)

Few ulsters too. Plus a load of first rounds  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Aghagallon only 1 point ahead of Tir na nog now, and gorts have eventually found some form, a real battle to survive in Div1 and St Brids would need a result as well just to stay safe.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on July 02, 2022, 11:10:48 AM
Aghagallon only 1 point ahead of Tir na nog now, and gorts have eventually found some form, a real battle to survive in Div1 and St Brids would need a result as well just to stay safe.
No doubting the character within the ranks of the Ahoghill men, they did look.in trouble a few weeks past but.......write the off at your peril.

JimStynes

Quote from: Saffsof82 on July 02, 2022, 11:10:48 AM

We have had a ridiculous amount of injuries and men away. Hopefully get enough boys back in the next few weeks to keep us up. We have had the chance to play plenty of young lads though so hopefully that'll stand to them.

EOC1923

Great effort by clubs at the weekend hosting the festivals of football, virtually all local clubs there in force at both venues. I caught a few games in the u11 superb atmosphere and i'm hearing it was the same over in Creggan at the younger age group.

Lár na páirce 1

A good morning of football is right

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 04, 2022, 11:59:07 AM
Great effort by clubs at the weekend hosting the festivals of football, virtually all local clubs there in force at both venues. I caught a few games in the u11 superb atmosphere and i'm hearing it was the same over in Creggan at the younger age group.
Superb in Creggan as well!

marty34

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 04, 2022, 11:59:07 AM

What age group is the Festival of Football for?

Is it like Go Games?

EOC1923

7.5s, 9.5s,11.5s, yeah just like go games with more teams present.

Lár na páirce 1

2 pitches full yesterday in cargin,some very talented footballers in all teams present even creggan ☺