Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on February 07, 2022, 08:45:38 AM
Being a bit of a princess here MR2, what do you want a PA to attend for you? If you were that interested you wouldn't have been on the drink

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2022, 07:43:21 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 06, 2022, 02:58:59 PM
thought they played well but 2 early goals were killers on a bitter day when scoring was hard

That's it? Did we press them? Put them under pressure? Who played well for us?

I'll wait on CB's view or Bannsides take in the game

Belated birthday celebrations otherwise I'd have taken in the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Disappointing to drop points at home, a reminder that there are no easy games in this league. We must beat Wicklow now in two weeks, take a bit of pressure off ourselves. It's not vital we get promoted, but it's essential we stay clear of the drop zone.

We knew Limerick would be a huge physical threat, and Lenny was well aware of this two years ago when he made the right call taking them to a faster pitch with wide open spaces.

In any event it was an eighteen point turnaround since that day, not a nice stat, so to put that to rights we really do need to remind ourselves of the hammering Wicklow gave us in that next game and claim 2 important points in a fortnight.

redhandefender

How is there no fixtures out yet a month away from the start of the league?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: redhandefender on February 07, 2022, 03:58:59 PM

Back to these posts again  ;D

They'll be out, think there was meeting last week to try and organise this. So I'm sure the club secs will have a possible fixture list
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

If Casement ever gets built it could be the IFA's headquarters for joint Euro 2028 bid with England, Scotland and Wales.

country bumpkin

Hearing those in charge are struggling to come to agreement .
With relegation back on the table be difficult for some county panellists to fully commit.

bannside

Nothing worse than being stuck in no man's land. Not getting meaningful game time for the county and missing club games too. No difference to other counties in that regard, but being a dual county our fixture list is particularly congested. No easy answers!

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on February 08, 2022, 04:14:25 PM
Nothing worse than being stuck in no man's land. Not getting meaningful game time for the county and missing club games too. No difference to other counties in that regard, but being a dual county our fixture list is particularly congested. No easy answers!
No answer with county players in hurling denied activity in football league's...
Dunloy, Rossa  and the Johnnies in particular.....

Would ye whist

Now MR2 will slap your wrists Country B, he does not like 'these posts' coming up again

Milltown Row2

But it's the same every year and people in a better position than us are trying to put a square peg in a round hole, I don't have a notion on how they do it but to some it seems like a simple enough task, crazy

Saffsof82

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2022, 08:40:38 AM
Only seeing result now, had a heavy lunch and drinks yesterday  :o

Were they that good or were we poor?

Oisin Kerr had a nightmare with his kick outs. 1-2 coming off poor kicks. Oisin is usually excellent, his kicking the week before against Fermanagh was top class but on Saturday he seemed to be on a different wave length than his team mates

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2022, 07:23:35 PM
But it's the same every year and people in a better position than us are trying to put a square peg in a round hole, I don't have a notion on how they do it but to some it seems like a simple enough task, crazy

Well fixtures were made last year so would it be a difficult task turning such around and reversing venue.....?

redhandefender

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2022, 06:06:22 PM

Back to these posts again  ;D

They'll be out, think there was meeting last week to try and organise this. So I'm sure the club secs will have a possible fixture list

Well that kind of disorganised attitude has antrim football where it is.

A meeting to try and organise the fixture less would ideally take place before you announce the start date. It is a difficult task but even taking it from the start of January that is month to do it.

Apologies for asking an actual question about football and not discussing my birthday night out.

Spike

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 09, 2022, 08:25:11 AM

Well fixtures were made last year so would it be a difficult task turning such around and reversing venue.....?

it beggars belief that we have this issue every year with fixtures.  Does no one learn from the previous year, and the year before that and so on?

delgany

Quote from: Spike on February 09, 2022, 09:40:43 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on February 09, 2022, 08:25:11 AM

it beggars belief that we have this issue every year with fixtures.  Does no one learn from the previous year, and the year before that and so on?

Yeah its so straight forward.... nothing ever changes ... no new teams to deal with, over lapping fixtures, there is those pesky provinicial and national competitions in football and hurling to deal with, get the pencil and paper approach going again.  Piece of p*** really