Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 27, 2023, 10:16:40 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 27, 2023, 10:05:51 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 27, 2023, 09:33:07 AMI see the same divisional conversation happening in the Down thread. I find the notion odd.

Does it really keep the other west Tyrone clubs warm at night that a club 'near' them won the championship?

I'd have thought if your club isn't winning it then the last hoors you want winning it are the ones up the road. Piggybacking off some fabricated collective is a bit pathetic, no?

Tyrone men will unite in their joy at seeing Derry beat.Dromore men will unite in their joy at seeing Trillick beat just as Carrickmore will unite in their joy at seeing Errigal beat.

We don't warm at seeing someone else win, we warm at seeing someone else beat.
The winter warmth from an East Tyrone defeat is a hangover from old divisional leagues, before the ACL.
If Trillick win, do you think Dromore folk will find solace in the fact that "at least a west Tyrone team won"? That's a bit mad.

Already answered.

LeoMc

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 27, 2023, 11:17:04 AMIndeed so this divisional collective joy isn't really a thing then. It's just upheld by those who lack a bit of self respect.
As far as club championship goes, if you don't win you lose.
As I said it is not taking joy in a neighbour winning, it is taking joy in another losing.

Dromore would take some joy from Errigal losing, not as much as with Trilick losing but they will take some.

trailer

Hopefully the Trillick community make sure and secure their houses and have everything locked up when they are away at the game just in case.

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on October 27, 2023, 02:16:57 PMHopefully the Trillick community make sure and secure their houses and have everything locked up when they are away at the game just in case.
Lol ffs

Christmas Lights

Quote from: trailer on October 27, 2023, 02:16:57 PMHopefully the Trillick community make sure and secure their houses and have everything locked up when they are away at the game just in case.  :(
Quote from: trailer on October 27, 2023, 02:16:57 PMHopefully the Trillick community make sure and secure their houses and have everything locked up when they are away at the game just in case.

The people of trillick will be already home by the time the second half starts.

WT4E

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 27, 2023, 10:10:11 AMPoint of order though.

Costa del Moortown is further east than Ardboe.

Fair play was goin to make the same point. Sure they'd run into the battery if they thought it would guarantee them a win.

WT4E

Just an ominous stat for either Pomeroy or Coalisland.

Any team that has beaten us in recent years in the championship has been promoted. So by that logic Moy are goin up one way of the other.

ONeill

Think the Canavan factor will swing it for the Glencull lads.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

WT4E

Anyone having trouble getting the stream on Tyrone tv

inroundthesquare

Yes, the £15 live stream not working .. 5 mins til throw in

WT4E

WT4E

Wonder has anyone told the commentator he's shouting in a big empty room.  :'(

clarshack

Mikhailov

ClubScene13

Embarrassing once again. We'll rob you blind and if it doesn't work hard luck til ye you've missed another county final here's your refund.