Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 10, 2022, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: consigliere on August 10, 2022, 09:23:22 AM
Clonoe v Coalisland this Sunday.

This game is MASSIVE for Clonoe.

McKernan and Devlin back from Amerikay

Can they play straight away or do they have 30 days to wait.
Maybe that isn't a thing anymore.

consigliere

Quote from: Under Lights on August 10, 2022, 11:43:40 AM

From my understanding they can play straight away.

Wonder will McKernan play like he did in the states? Would probably suit Clonoe if he did.

Jim Bob

Don't know though 30 days would enable them to play in the Championship

clarshack

if you have spent more than 30 days in the states you can play as soon as you come home.

Tyrone95

I just seen Clonoes last 4 are Coalisland, Carmen, Derrylaughan and Trillick.. Are we looking at a real possibility that 2 points from the last 4 will not be enough to keep them up ? They would be the biggest club in a while to be in that position - don't seem to have much coming through underage either by the looks of things

clarshack

Quote from: Tyrone95 on August 10, 2022, 12:10:49 PM
I just seen Clonoes last 4 are Coalisland, Carmen, Derrylaughan and Trillick.. Are we looking at a real possibility that 2 points from the last 4 will not be enough to keep them up ? They would be the biggest club in a while to be in that position - don't seem to have much coming through underage either by the looks of things

They have had excellent U-13 and U-15 teams this year in Grade 2 and the fact there's not many teams in Grade 1 these days would suggest they would have been decent in Grade 1 had they been in it. Obviously if those players were to come through to senior it's going to take years so there's no guarantees.

Moortown also have a very difficult run in and mightn't pick up any more points.

Eire90

Does having  no playoffs in the league make a lot of games dead rubbers for  teams in especially in the middle.

TyroneClubs

Quote from: clarshack on August 10, 2022, 11:41:22 AM
Quote from: TyroneClubs on August 10, 2022, 11:29:51 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on August 10, 2022, 10:14:25 AM
not a fan if no playoffs

This year is strange, league will be done on 4th September, and championship will be done before play offs begin. Understandable this has to be done incase a team in play off spots wins championship etc, but a team could go out in first round of championship (scheduled for 15th-19th September) and then play offs won't start until after championship final so I reckon first round of play off will be weekend of 22nd October. A very long 5 week wait. Again, I understand and fully agree with league being over before championship but think it is a good idea to get rid of play offs if the ambition is to finish league every year before championship begins.

5 weeks is a long time to be waiting around therefore it makes sense to have the leagues completely wrapped up. it just means that there will be more dead rubbers towards the end of the league season.

I agree but that is what is facing teams this year. Eg if cookstown/tattyreagh/Eskra in d2 finish in relaxation play off spots, they are waiting 5 weeks to play the play off game if they were to be beat in first round of champo. It's a hard one to keep teams going

consigliere

Quote from: Eire90 on August 10, 2022, 02:27:16 PM
Does having  no playoffs in the league make a lot of games dead rubbers for  teams in especially in the middle.

Is Division 1 not splitting into 1A and 1B next year?

Throw It Up Ref

What are the playoff spots? How many straight up and down?

clarshack

Quote from: TyroneClubs on August 10, 2022, 02:44:03 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 10, 2022, 11:41:22 AM
Quote from: TyroneClubs on August 10, 2022, 11:29:51 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on August 10, 2022, 10:14:25 AM
not a fan if no playoffs

This year is strange, league will be done on 4th September, and championship will be done before play offs begin. Understandable this has to be done incase a team in play off spots wins championship etc, but a team could go out in first round of championship (scheduled for 15th-19th September) and then play offs won't start until after championship final so I reckon first round of play off will be weekend of 22nd October. A very long 5 week wait. Again, I understand and fully agree with league being over before championship but think it is a good idea to get rid of play offs if the ambition is to finish league every year before championship begins.

5 weeks is a long time to be waiting around therefore it makes sense to have the leagues completely wrapped up. it just means that there will be more dead rubbers towards the end of the league season.

I agree but that is what is facing teams this year. Eg if cookstown/tattyreagh/Eskra in d2 finish in relaxation play off spots, they are waiting 5 weeks to play the play off game if they were to be beat in first round of champo. It's a hard one to keep teams going

maybe 3 up and 3 down could limit the amount of thrown games. league and championship winners promoted along with 2nd place in league. bottom 3 in league above down.

consigliere

Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on August 10, 2022, 02:56:56 PM
What are the playoff spots? How many straight up and down?

2nd and 3rd from the bottom in Div 1 will have a playoff game (unless one of the teams in the spots win the SFC). The loser of this playoff is relegated to Div 2.

2nd and 3rd place in Div 2 will have a playoff game (unless one of the teams in these spots win the IFC). The winner of this will play the winner of the Div 1 playoff game in a final playoff game with the winner achieving Div 1 status and the loser will be Div 2 next year.

TyroneClubs

I think with no play off next year is it changing to league and championship winners promoted or 2nd place if league winners do double and bottom 2 straight down?

Under Lights

Quote from: TyroneClubs on August 10, 2022, 03:10:30 PM
I think with no play off next year is it changing to league and championship winners promoted or 2nd place if league winners do double and bottom 2 straight down?

Thats correct
For whoever said dead rubbers the league is complete before the championship but potentially could lead to a lot of strange results, however this is what clubs voted for.

Also no its not 4 divisions juat the 3 as is now, again this is what clubs voted.

TyroneClubs

You would imagine there wouldn't be too many dead rubbers going into championship mode - you would expect teams would want to go in to it with some momentum