Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meatsy86

Castlewellan beat a weakened Saval team, Downpatrick beat ballyholland, Bridge Hammered by Burren,  Hilltown beat the Stone!!!

DownFanatic

Division 4
Dromara 1-08  Dundrum 2-14

andunabu

ACL Div 3: Bosco 0-10 Tullylish 0-7

umpire

Down team for Sunday
Brendan McVeigh
Daniel McCartan
Brendan McArdle
Declan Turley
Kevin McKernan
Niall McParland
Conor Garvey
Kalum King
Ambrose Rodgers
Peter Turley
Mark Poland
Aidan Carr
Arthur McConville
Conor Laverty
Brendan Coulter

centre 3/4s

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on April 13, 2012, 08:29:22 PM
ACFL Div 1
Bryansford 1-4 Kilcoo 0-7

Poor game between 2 weakened teams in this local derby. Negative tactics employed left the game to watch an awful spectacle.

Just about as bad a game as i have ever witnessed we were short ok but the ford must have been short at least 10 seniors.

Mourne Rover

The Down starting 15 was predictable enough, but there will probably be some switching about. Most people will expect Peter Turley to move to full back, where he last played against Fermanagh in the 09 USC, although he has not had a run in the position since his return to the squad this year. McKernan did well at wing half forward last week but it would probably be sensible for him to play as an extra defender this time round. While it is something of a surprise that Quinn is not starting, Damien Turley will not let anyone down.

It has been a low-key build up, as Dubh Driocht says, but Cork will be overwhelming favourites and appear to have named their strongest available side. Although we would still have a decent chance if Gordon and Hughes were fit, it will take something special to get us through to the final. They have scored nine goals against us in the last three meetings, winning by 11, 12 and 13 points respectively, so we are clearly up against it. However, these are the matches when we get a realistic view of our prospect for the summer, so it is quite an opportunity for our guys.

supersub

DownFanatic

Tonight's Results

Down ACFL Division 1

Downpatrick 1-8 V 0-6 Ballyholland

Castlewellan 1-13 V 0-11 Saval

Clonduff 1-9 V 0-8 Longstone

Bryansford 1-4 V 0-7 Kilcoo

Mayobridge 1-8 V 5-11 Burren

Division 2

Warrenpoint 1-16 V 1-9 Kilclief

Shamrocks 1-4 V 1-9 Loughinisland

Liatroim 0-7 V 0-9 Rostrevor

Clann na Banna 1-9 V 1-13 An Ríocht

Carryduff 0-3 V 2-14 Annaclone

Division 3

Glasdrumman 2-9 V 0-14 Saul

Darragh Cross 0-12 V 0-10 Drumgath

St John Bosco 0-10 V 0-7 Tullylish

Atticall 1-4 V 1-11 St John's

Drumaness 1-6 V 0-12 Ardglass

Ballymartin 0-07 V 0-07 Glenn

Division 4

Teconnaught 0-4 V 0-8 Bright

St Michael's 3-12 V 1-9 St Paul's

Dromara 1-8 V 2-14 Dundrum

Aghaderg 1-5 V 2-7 Bredagh

Aughlisnafin v Ballykinlar - Off

Mitchels - Bye

Don Johnson

Quote from: Dubh driocht on April 13, 2012, 06:22:47 PM
I know we are in low-key mode but in the last 50 years has there ever been as little hype about a Down appearance at Croke Park ? With Cork and Kerry not known for bringing support outside All Ireland finals, and Mayo unlikely to attract crowds ,I reckon we could be looking at the lowest ever attendance  for League semi-finals. Which is a shame as our lads have, for the second year in a row, finished as the top Ulster team in the league. I think we should get out and support James and the team - they have put in the effort to bring us to the top table and that should be appreciated.

Quote from: umpire on April 13, 2012, 09:01:25 PM
Down team for Sunday
Brendan McVeigh
Daniel McCartan
Brendan McArdle
Declan Turley
Kevin McKernan
Niall McParland
Conor Garvey
Kalum King
Ambrose Rodgers
Peter Turley
Mark Poland
Aidan Carr
Arthur McConville
Conor Laverty
Brendan Coulter

Quote from: Mourne Rover on April 13, 2012, 09:13:29 PM
The Down starting 15 was predictable enough, but there will probably be some switching about. Most people will expect Peter Turley to move to full back, where he last played against Fermanagh in the 09 USC, although he has not had a run in the position since his return to the squad this year. McKernan did well at wing half forward last week but it would probably be sensible for him to play as an extra defender this time round. While it is something of a surprise that Quinn is not starting, Damien Turley will not let anyone down.

It has been a low-key build up, as Dubh Driocht says, but Cork will be overwhelming favourites and appear to have named their strongest available side. Although we would still have a decent chance if Gordon and Hughes were fit, it will take something special to get us through to the final. They have scored nine goals against us in the last three meetings, winning by 11, 12 and 13 points respectively, so we are clearly up against it. However, these are the matches when we get a realistic view of our prospect for the summer, so it is quite an opportunity for our guys.

Moved to the County discussion thread lads. You can thank me later my fellow Downites  :D

Lets go you red and blacks!

umpire

Cork team for Sunday
Alan Quirke,
Ray Carey, Michael Shields, Eoin Cotter,
Noel O'Leary, Graham Canty, Paudie Kissane,
Alan O'Connor, Pearse O'Neill,
Fintan Goold, Patrick Kelly, Paul Kerrigan,
Colm O'Neill, Aidan Walsh, Donncha O'Connor.

Don Johnson

Quote from: umpire on April 13, 2012, 10:13:38 PM
Cork team for Sunday
Alan Quirke,
Ray Carey, Michael Shields, Eoin Cotter,
Noel O'Leary, Graham Canty, Paudie Kissane,
Alan O'Connor, Pearse O'Neill,
Fintan Goold, Patrick Kelly, Paul Kerrigan,
Colm O'Neill, Aidan Walsh, Donncha O'Connor.

Our survey says.... ERR ERR

Moved.

general

Div 3 Result

Ballymartin 0.07 Glenn 0.07

NP 76

Centre 3/4s would have to say the Harps Downpatrick game would rival any game as being the worst . It was desperate stuff from the start to the finish . Someone told me that Downpatrick had 8 minors playing tonight and yet Ballyholland couldnt turn them over . Ronan Murtagh was a big loss to Ballyholland but Downpatrick were without the 2 Turleys and i didnt see Telford there deserved win for Downpatrick . No big surprises on the Down team for the weekend hope we put in a good shift and another tanking is not on the cards .

5 Sams

Harps brutal tonight V RGU. Terrible game in perfect conditions. Turning point was us missing a penalty when a point up. This gave RGU a massive boost and they deservedly went on to win. We have the magpies up next... :-\...massive improvement needed.
The Aristocrat Years

alba2

Was down at the big devision one derby tonight in Mayobridge.  Heard the bridge team called out with a fine mix of experience and underage talent alot of which played on the u21s this year.  then the burren team was read out and i feared th worst for them.  inexperience in full back line, in midfield - but some household names up front.  By god they gave some performance.  It was a pleasure to watch and as i left the grounds at the final whistle thinking of whom both teams were missing etc im pondering - are the bridge well and truly finished?? I think they are... Totally outclassed from start to finish (apart form a 6 or 7 minute lull in the second half when burren realised the game was won) by a weakened Burren outfit.