Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Ok to facilitate the up and coming convention and various plots that are going on at the minute..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Deleted the one I set up at the same time MR2 so as not to confuse...

bannside

The topic we left was re BM and the position of PRO. Yes he has been there before and obviously had a very mixed bag experience.

He is built into the Saffron Vision attempt to introduce a new level of professionalism into how our county affairs are conducted. After all PR is his business.

On the basis that he envisages some/many/all of the Saffron Vision group getting elected he is probably a lot more confident that the end result of this will see a more capable board who will represent Antrim in a vastly improved way.

On that basis he is happy to allow his name to go forward once again!

culchie11

R u his pro bannside or did he tell u that lol

The thing is the vision is saying out with all things old and in with the new, some of the names listed were old also!

Na Glinntí Glasa

For the ordinary person/supporter they will want to know what difference anyone new coming in will bring that the old guard didnt?

Basically how are we going to get our hurling out of Div 2 and our football out of the depths of Div4? When will casement start? why hasnt dunsilly started even tho a tender was a pproved and a contractor appointed?

That is what they will ask. How can these new people bring it about.
hurl like f**k boi!

Spike

It certainly sounds like things we've heard before but to give credit they have went about it in a novel way (compared to previous years).  For that alone I give them their dues. Lets be honest, anything is an improvement as the complete an utter shambles of casement and dunsilly cant be overlooked. We must be the only county in Ireland that has no county standard ground (and by that I mean a ground that can handle a 15,000 plus people.)

Feels very fractured at the moment. I think getting geroid  in the management team was a good idea but the amateur attitude needs to go

rashCharacter

I don't know an awful lot about most of them but I don't see any down side to voting them in.
They can't do any worse than the incumbents, and I don't mean that in a flippant way, they actually couldn't do ANY worse.

There is actually nothing left to go wrong - no money (and no idea where it goes), no pitches (Casement razed to the ground), county teams as low as they can go.

bannside

Not anyone's PRO Culchie but will say it as I see it. Personally I thought he was a bit too professional and cultured to be associated with many in the outgoing board, and I give him credit for suffering through his previous tenure in very difficult circumstances. We need a PRO badly who can explain /communicate/sell Antrim at a whole lot of levels. As that's his profession he will get my vote all day long.

That's what I see happening here. A fully fledged and vastly experienced accountant is challenging for the Treasurer position. Every member of Saffron Vision has some kind of proven business or professional acumen.

Thats fantastic but even more importantly they are all gaels who have long track records of involvement in the association as players mentors or club officials. That tells me they are presenting themselves for the right reasons....not to forward their own self serving intetests as full time career Gaa officials.

That's not to say there are a few good candidates outside their group. I really don't mind who the person is as long as he/she is the most suitable and best qualified to represent Antrim going forward.

It may end up a mix amd match but collectively the end result should see a management committee who can get Antrim back on track.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on October 30, 2015, 01:00:01 PM
Not anyone's PRO Culchie but will say it as I see it. Personally I thought he was a bit too professional and cultured to be associated with many in the outgoing board, and I give him credit for suffering through his previous tenure in very difficult circumstances. We need a PRO badly who can explain /communicate/sell Antrim at a whole lot of levels. As that's his profession he will get my vote all day long.

That's what I see happening here. A fully fledged and vastly experienced accountant is challenging for the Treasurer position. Every member of Saffron Vision has some kind of proven business or professional acumen.

Thats fantastic but even more importantly they are all gaels who have long track records of involvement in the association as players mentors or club officials. That tells me they are presenting themselves for the right reasons....not to forward their own self serving intetests as full time career Gaa officials.

That's not to say there are a few good candidates outside their group. I really don't mind who the person is as long as he/she is the most suitable and best qualified to represent Antrim going forward.

It may end up a mix amd match but collectively the end result should see a management committee who can get Antrim back on track.

I love your  positive attitude BS, it's bang on the nose, straight down the middle. Instead of looking for flaws in the Saffron Vision, which no doubt some people will end up doing, why not vote them on and see what happens. We really can't go any lower both on and off the pitch.

Na Glinntí Glasa

To be honest theres no point in changing the guard if what replaces them is as inept as what was there before. Makes no sense at all.

I dont know all of the people wanting in, rather i only know of a few of them. Im more interested in seeing how they intend to bring about the change and what their long term plan is.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

I don't like this running en masse idea in general.

But they will be better than the current lot.

Why?
Well they simply can't be any worse.

If for that alone I hope for change.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2015, 03:11:36 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 30, 2015, 03:02:53 PM
To be honest theres no point in changing the guard if what replaces them is as inept as what was there before. Makes no sense at all.

I dont know all of the people wanting in, rather i only know of a few of them. Im more interested in seeing how they intend to bring about the change and what their long term plan is.
I have heard that they have contacted clubs and asked to meet with them to discuss their plan and to answer questions. Your club secretary has probably been contacted.

If the current crowd is inept and you decide to vote for another crowd who turn out to be just as inept, at least you tried something. Or the status quo remains.

Thats true HS.

Its def interesting to see a group wanting to get in and instigate change. I want to see what they have to offer
hurl like f**k boi!

culchie11

I have said before that I think some of Antrim vision will get voted in and some will not.

I think wee joe as I have said did a good job with fixtures which used to be a mess and for that reason I think he will be more than capable as chair. Some other positions I'm not so sure, treasurer is v important role and a professional approach is a good way to go.

As for some others who may be decent candidates, to me r square pegs in round holes. They r being put forward for positions that maybe don't suit them & that Other option  is a better one. We will know a full list of nominees come Monday.

Yes a lot has went wrong for the current group with casement and dunsilly. But sometimes u r better the devil u know than the one u don't! Also remember a few of those in current group are on their way out anyway. Some say they can't be any worse, of course they can. They can demolish divisional boards and our clubs can have leagues that r not fit for purpose.

Mr Reilly is trying to redo The press release now to smooth it over but sure they can do like politicians do and say all the right things and use buzz words until the get the result of votes.
The thing that worries me is why r 2 big business men pushing the vision group and ringing round clubs asking for votes?! I smell something fishy! One of which has his companies name on the front of our senior county Jersey at present!

bannside

For our current sponsors to stick with the Antrim sponsorship deal in very trying economic times is testimony to their loyalty. That should be commended. That one family member may or may not be involved in trying to instigate a more professional set up is testament to his individual passion to see Antrim punch to their proper weight, and not miles beneath it as has been the case for years.

If he, or any businessman can use any influence to entice a few gaels with proven business acumen to put their hand up for the Saffrons then that has to be applauded, not condemned.

Culchie, you definitely seem very anti this group. Are you not prepared to see what they have to offer when they go out to meet the clubs in the next few weeks....or is your mind closed to the fact that they represent some alterior (fishy) motive. And if so what on earth could that motive be except to make a bold move to put Antrim Gaa on the map.

bannside

You're 100% right there HS. I know one thing. If Pol Mc Canna gets elected as Treasurer he will be forensic about every last detail. The treasurers report this year will need to stand the closest ever scrutiny. If there is the least financial irregularity, or side deal done on a nod and a wink, I can imagine the consequences won't be pretty. The inventory will need to stand up too. Right down to the raw material in the defunct Casement Park.