Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Not a great result though BS considering Moneyglass beat Ahoghill quite easily in the 1st round of games. Lamh Dhearg seem to be playing well, their confidence will now be high. Crunch game coming up at Corrigan in a couple of weeks winner takes all.

Caesar

Corrigan is no easy place to go during Championship and Creggan will be feeling the pressure!

Would ye whist

It is hard to imagine St Johns will be terrified of Creggan going by what I have heard from their game again St Gall's yesterday, lacking bite going forward and seem to lack a plan on how to break down a team which sits deep on them

marty34

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 15, 2022, 09:03:05 AM
Not a great result though BS considering Moneyglass beat Ahoghill quite easily in the 1st round of games. Lamh Dhearg seem to be playing well, their confidence will now be high. Crunch game coming up at Corrigan in a couple of weeks winner takes all.

At this stage, a win's a win.

I'm sure a manager, or team, wouldn't want to be winning group games by 15 or 20 pts.

Need to be winning games by 3 or 4 pts and improving the performance in each game.

That way, they have things to work on without being undercooked before knock-out proper games.

bannside

We see it as a great result EOC, saw those games lost in the past. Sign of obvious progress, feeling around here amongst vast majority is we would have lost that this time last year. If its good enough later in the year will tell its own tale.

EOC1923

NatSoSaff

Lamh Dearg were very impressive yesterday. Dark horse.

breakingball

They've been a top 4 teams for the last number of years along with having have 4 or 5 county men. Hardly a surprise.

geezer

LD should be there or thereabouts every year with the panel they have so wouldnt be a surprise if they win it.

Ryan murray very impressive, deadly accurate. Not many forwards in the county, if any, better than him.

Saffsof82

Quote from: NatSoSaff on August 15, 2022, 11:45:06 AM

LD we very impressive in the last 15 mins i would say. Up to that st johns coped very well and had a good, structured game plan. Their legs started to go and Ryan murray, jordy, mervyn running at them in final quarter punched holes.

breakingball

Either rossa or st endas will go out on points difference

Same could possibly happen to randalstown or gort

And say ahoghill managed to beat st brigids could have 3 teams on 2 points

Messy

Caesar

Quote from: breakingball on August 15, 2022, 12:44:11 PM
Either rossa or st endas will go out on points difference

Same could possibly happen to randalstown or gort

And say ahoghill managed to beat st brigids could have 3 teams on 2 points

Messy

I certainly wouldn't put it past Ahoghill to get a result against St Brigids. THe Clooney men are always capable of big performances when they have their backs to the wall! 

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 15, 2022, 12:49:26 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on August 15, 2022, 12:23:09 PM

Quote from: NatSoSaff on August 15, 2022, 11:45:06 AM

LD we very impressive in the last 15 mins i would say. Up to that st johns coped very well and had a good, structured game plan. Their legs started to go and Ryan murray, jordy, mervyn running at them in final quarter punched holes.
St Johns are no bad team. Creggan will have plenty to do to come away from Corrigan with a win.

Creggan will be too strong and organised they know how to win at this stage

Con mccann a huge loss if reports are true about his knee.

imtommygunn

I would imagine Ricky Johnston is a big loss too. I'd be very surprised were it not Cargin won it this year.

Belfast GAA man

these group of 3 are a nonsense - are st endas or Rossa going to go thru with a draw and a loss and no wins?