Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on August 12, 2022, 03:01:06 PM
My view is that PG1 have to make a statement in this game and this is one JMK would have been targeting for quite sometime now, if they do not win this relatively comfortably they have not moved forward much

Moving on from the never ending Sh*tshow which is Casement, any predictions for the weekend?

Lisburn v Sarsfields- Sarsfields by 7
Glenavy v Antrim- Glenavy by 5
Rasharkin v Glenravel- Glenravel by 9
Teresa's v St Pauls- St Pauls by 4
Dunloy v Ardoyne- Dunloy by 2

St Galls v Creggan- Creggan by 7
Brigid's v Moneyglass- Draw
Gorts v TNN- TNN by 3
St Enda's v Rossa- Rossa by 2
LD v St Johns- Draw
Ahoghill v PG1- PG1 by 8

Have you ever been to a Portglenone v Ahoghill game? Ports by 8 🤦‍♂️
[/quote]

That was my thought as well!

Ahoghill might not win but they'll not let PG1 get that much of a lead on them.
[/quote]

If they can't put them away by 7/8 they haven't chance against Creggan or Cargin. That result would demonstrate genuine progress. A 2/3 pts win is the same as the past few seasons
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ahoghill v Casement's is always a close hard fought affair and will be close..
Any winning margin which may  be enjoyed by the Ports will be celebrated....not certain.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: johnnycool on August 11, 2022, 11:22:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2022, 11:15:48 AM

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on August 11, 2022, 10:58:07 AM
Quote from: EOC1923 on August 11, 2022, 10:07:23 AM
I didn't realise there was event with information on the new Casement Park at the Feile or I would of went. Was there any sort of outline given for a start date?

No certainty of start date, but its clear its not imminent. There was lots of talk about business case, engagement with Gov departments, and the potential of the stadium to regenerate West Belfast and the city. All very upbeat but while I was there (and I had to leave before it ended).

Not even a ball park date? Christ this is soooooooo bad

Current ring fenced funds aren't sufficient. Until the delta is addressed it's not happening.
Yet the Antrim County Board persist with the line that the money will be found via the Stormont pool of money which is returned to the Finance Minister every year.
The same county board who let Casement fall into a state of disrepair without one penny of funding in place.
The same county board who now have signed Casement over to the Ulster Council after insisting that would never happen.

paddyjohn

Great performance from the ladies. Well done to all

Milltown Row2

Yes some energy in that heat!!!

It's been a cracking year for Antrim in finals this year ...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Great to see Gaelfast doing some great work brining kids down to croke park to play on it . My grandson blown away

Stillwater2

Nothing to do with Gaelfast. Every county invited to take part over a few days. Clubs applied and were picked at random apparently.

Milltown Row2

This has been going on for years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Oh right . Article I read was Gaelfast organising   Anyway

Stillwater2

They will try to put their name to anything that is successful

imtommygunn

Intermediate games mostly as expected bar st teresas beating St. Pauls and the scale of the Dunloy win.

Senior mostly as expected thus far. Looks like ld will win.

Well done to the ladies. Fantastic win.

paddyjohn

Dunloy a different side with Cunning and Molloy playing.

country bumpkin

So results today would suggest PG1 and Cargin are through to next phase of SFC..
Creggan require a win at Corrigan in the next round if the Lamhs win at Milltown ?

stiffler

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 14, 2022, 08:24:35 PM
So results today would suggest PG1 and Cargin are through to next phase of SFC..
Creggan require a win at Corrigan in the next round if the Lamhs win at Milltown ?

A point is enough for Creggan.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

imtommygunn

What was the score in portglenone game?

bannside

Think it was 0-14 to O -11.

Ahoghill came from four down to draw level with ten to go but Casements showed a bit of character to kick on despite hitting the crossbar and missing a last minute penalty. Typical local derby, was never going to be pretty. Job done from a PG1 perspective.