Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 11, 2019, 02:52:55 PM
Mickey showing massive faith in Ronan O'Neill. Am I right in thinking he started every match? Didn't show a pile on Wednesday night.
Giving him enough rope to hang himself id imagine

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: bogball88 on January 11, 2019, 02:53:40 PM
Mickey showing massive faith in Ronan O'Neill. Am I right in thinking he started every match? Didn't show a pile on Wednesday night.

I actually thought O'Neill worked his socks off on Wednesday. Didn't contribute a huge amount on the scoresheet but definitely the hardest I've seen him work in a Tyrone jersey. I'd still question his physical condition but.

omagh_gael

He did work hard enough but you'd have to expect him to start making a dent on the scoreboard at this stage. What has he scored over the previous three games?

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 11, 2019, 03:09:39 PM
He did work hard enough but you'd have to expect him to start making a dent on the scoreboard at this stage. What has he scored over the previous three games?

He came off the bench to score a free against Derry in the first game. Agree he worked hard against both UUJ and Fermanagh, and would also include the caveat that these were far from the ideal conditions for inside forwards. You would like to think he'd be showing a bit more against this level of opposition though. Unfortunately come championship I can't see anything more than a repeat of his role last summer.

TyroneOnlooker

I recall Mickey giving a few squad players plenty of game time in McKenna cup before and then dropping them.

Enough rope to hang themselves as someone above put it i.e. you've had your chances and haven;t impressed, away you go

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on January 11, 2019, 02:58:13 PM

I actually thought O'Neill worked his socks off on Wednesday. Didn't contribute a huge amount on the scoresheet but definitely the hardest I've seen him work in a Tyrone jersey. I'd still question his physical condition but.

Nothing 5-6 weeks won't cure.

bogball88

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 11, 2019, 03:27:15 PM

5-6 years hasn't

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bogball88 on January 11, 2019, 03:50:28 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 11, 2019, 03:27:15 PM

5-6 years hasn't

Well that's a different problem altogether  :)

NotedObserver

Is that him in condition? Looks similar to last year in the championship, never looks the fittest from afar.

omaghjoe

Whats the craic with big Kennedy then?
Age?
Height? (wild big cub)
Pedigree?
Havent seen him playing yet but few good reports so far

inroundthesquare

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 12, 2019, 08:56:31 PM
Age?
Height? (wild big cub)
Pedigree?

Played for the under 20s last year.
Must be near 6ft5. He dwarfs Conan Grugan who must be 6ft2 or 3 himself

Jim Bob

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 12, 2019, 08:56:31 PM
Age?
Height? (wild big cub)
Pedigree?

Is he a cub of Petsies?

cadhlancian

Petsies nephew , his Da is Kevin Kennedy , he was a very player good player and won a senior Championship with Derrylaughan in 1981.

omagh_gael

Always nice to get the win over Derry. Poor enough game overall but typical of January fare. Very slow start to the game but finished the half well.

Brought Darragh Canavan and Petey Harte into the FF line in place of Brennan (didn't get into game at all) and Ronan O'Neill (actually thought he was doing alright, TBF).

Petey is a class act and really led the line well. Interestingly, he more or less stayed in the FF all the time. Gave Chrissy McKeigue his absolute full of it when they came together.

Young Canavan done well when he came on, scored an absolute beauty by throwing a drop shoulder dummy to get space and put it over. Won a free too when bravely went in for a dodgy ball. Only issue would be he tried too hard to be tricky at some stages and tied himself up a bit but we'll not complain about that as he's trying to make things happen.

Big thing for me so far this year is young Kennedy. He is absolutely flying. Early stages yet but you could see him making a big impact this year. He's a huge unit. At one stage McAtanamy (no small man) was tearing up the line, Kennedy stopped him dead in his tracks by just meeting him chest to chest. McAtanamy dropped to the ground then got blown up for over carrying. He won loads of high ball and has great pace when moving with the ball for a big man.

Any word on the two Donnelly's? McAliskey was togged out today again, wonder when he'll be good to go?

everymanaman

Just going through the Tyrone GAA Twitter feed and was seriously confused, is it a parody account?