The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

He was very fumbly and stuttery in response alright!

Stevie g 8

Mc geeney spoke well and kept his dignity when asked such a stupid question

EagleLord

Aye to be fair, he did hold back when he said about what players said to him after the game, being a man about it and didnt yap about it. And sayin 'he knows where I am if he wants to talk to me' Class!

Stevie g 8

Quote from: hardstation on July 31, 2011, 10:57:52 PM
Quote from: Stevie g 8 on July 31, 2011, 10:54:16 PM
Mc geeney spoke well and kept his dignity when asked such a stupid question
Spoke well? How long did it take him to get a proper sentence out?
He was put in the spot with and had to be careful how he answered it,he ovbiously didn't want to cut loose and come across as a bad loser

Overthebar!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Anyone got any links to recordings of tonights sunday game, would love to see it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Throw ball

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 31, 2011, 10:28:56 PM
McGuinness dead right! mcgeeney was stuck!

Mcgeeney was only stuck as he didn't want to come across as a bad loser. McGuiness was doing exactly the same as he was accusing Kildare of doing - playing the media. All this how we were not the dirty team and how the referee did so well with this extra pressure. All he is trying to do is suck up to the referees so his team might get a few more 50:50 decisions the next day out. Pot and kettle if you ask me.

Jinxy

Quote from: EagleLord on July 31, 2011, 10:53:02 PM
He was very fumbly and stuttery in response alright!

Yeah I was a bit surprised at that.
Never would have happened back in the days when he had a proper haircut.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mckieran

Anybody have a link to the article they were referring to?

sheamy

Why should he not highlight it [persistent fouling] in the media? Should he trust referees given the decisions that have gone against Kildare?!!!

McGuinness said they don't coach and tell their players to systematically foul. That's just plain old telling lies. He should get off his high horse. I've seen more whinging from him on the Sunday Game this year than any other manager.

McGeeney was a gent afterwards in light of the goal which would have put them six up and game over. Yes, the leak on the subject was an attempt to draw the referees attention to it but sure if you weren't gonna do it Jim, what's the issue?

EC Unique

McGuinness showed his lack of experience last night and let himself down. Came accross very badly. I hope Tyrone beat Dublin so we get a chance set the record straigh and send him up the road.

orangeman

Jim would have been better saying nothing in the immediate aftermath of the game.

whiskeysteve

would hesitate to agree with the last 2 comments. you have to remember the man runs a psychology consultancy, fair enough that can be a lot of spoof and bullshittery, but the point is he would be constantly thinking about the mind games with his team, other teams and the press.

I reckon Jim has been trying a create a siege mentality with donegal this year and has been quite successful in doing so. his comments at the weekend are a further extension of this. he will not give a damn (more or less) about how he comes across if he continues to promote this mentality.

I would have to say that Donegals mental strength has been their most impressive asset this year. Saying as this is more or less the same group of players that have crumbled at time in the past I think its obvious that the panel has bought 100% into Jims approach this year, so credit to him for that.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Doogie Browser

I thought he was going to cry!

Hardy

It was an interesting contrast in post-game demeanour, OK. You expect an ould whinge from the beaten manager, not the winner. McGeeney was the essence of sportsmanship.