The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Was that the free from Gooch??  Looked wide.
In your Endo!

Tatler Jack

Maybe Spillane will suggest that Donaghy is a poor man's Michael Cussen :D

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on July 06, 2008, 07:07:39 PM
No doubt on tonights show, after the highlights of the Munster Final, the show will once again view the 3 red cards decisions from every angle and in slow motion.  While another thread has already been started on this non-contact issue, I wonder what the experts will say tonight.  Nicholas Murphy will be clumsy, but probably deserved the 2 yellows cards.  Mark O'Se's looked bad in slow motion, but wasn't even a yellow IMO.  I didn't see what Dara got the first yellow for, but the second was pathetic.  Another game ruined by an over fussy referee.  We'll wait and see what big Tohill has to say.  Dara O Cinneide might be on the panel so it should hopefully be an interesting show.

The ref might not have been great but I and Im sure many other neutrals really enjoyed the second half, particularly the performance of Cussen. This was a real upset and helps open up the championship.

wherefromreferee?

I meant to put a question mark after that statement.  It was meant to read, another game ruined by an over fussy referee??  I thought the game was great, but the referee will be the centre of the chat on the programme tonight.
In your Endo!

Maguire01

johnpower

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 06, 2008, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on July 06, 2008, 07:22:16 PM
Was that the free from Gooch??  Looked wide.
That's the one.

Looked well wide to me a the game the umpires were asleep anyway made no differecne today but maybe further down the road these guys could cost some team

full back

Eoin Kelly collecting the MOTM award wearing a Sesame Street t-shirt (or something like that)  :D :D

ludermor

And why does he say we and us when talking about dublin!

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2008, 10:38:29 PM
Why does Lyons keep saying 'today' when talking about the Tyrone - Dublin match? Hmmm.....

He's drunk or else he;s doting !!!!

I always thought he didn't know what he was talking about - but it's just that he's doting I  think !  ;) ;) ;)

Rossfan

And why do they keep on discussing Dublin and barely any mention of Tyrone  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gaffer

Do ye reckon that that bit on the football was recorded after the match yesterday which would explain Lyons 'today' ?

Discussion was all about Dublin and nothing about Tyrone and their chances of All Ireland success. Perhaps Spillane doesnt want to thik about it!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Muzz

Did he not say though - 24 hours later a few times.  I know he could just have been saying this but I just think that with the highlights shown there and then he kept getting mixed up.

Minder

In fairness Mc Stay did say it was a bad weekend for te pundits predicting the hurling & football this weekend.  He was maybe just half cut
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

highorlow

Lyon's   "a new dublin manager will have to shake up the tree"
MacStay "shake up the tree? he will have to blow the bloody tree up"..... a classic :D
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ONeill

Maybe, just maybe, they recorded it on the Friday....mmmm...
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.