The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: muppet on May 20, 2013, 08:43:39 PM
Quote from: ranch on May 20, 2013, 07:36:23 PM
Brolly is the best pundit on TSG by far, at least he gives opinions.
Whelan also makes some good points. Canavan was good whilst on TV3.

Spillane has to f*ck over the years, just spouts cr*p.

It would be nice if TSG was actually about the Games and not the panelists.

+1. That's why the coverage suffers so badly.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on May 20, 2013, 07:20:52 PM
Sure he's only a rookie. Is there any video of Broly in his first TSG season knocking about? It'd make interesting viewing.

He was blowing kisses at Joe Lennon on his debut.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

yellowcard

O'Hara doesn't pull too many punches. Calling for Kevin Walsh's head AND having a row with Spillane already, he's made his mark tonight.

blewuporstuffed

strong stuff from ohara there. fairly put the boot in walsh
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyroneboi

Excellent stuff from O'Hara so far.

Wildweasel74

Ciaran Whelan face there was priceless as pat chirped on about cheap blankets , class!1

From the Bunker

Jez, Spillane just would not let O'Hara or Whealan talk about the GPS that Tyrone were using. Poor form! It was one of those if you can't argue just shout him down! And as for the Blanket rant about Limerick..... jez!  :-[

ballinaman

bigpaul

Have to say, I'm coming round to Paul Grimley's point of view; two weeks, two public stonings.No analysis of the London-Sligo match,just an assassination of a current manager by a former player!Our game deserves much better.I look forward to the day when another channel is in a position to compete with RTE!!!!!

Rossfan

Awful trite light tabloidesque "analysis".
Be better if they just had highlights of the games and leave it at that.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dont Matter

Quote from: bigpaul on May 26, 2013, 10:40:10 PM
Have to say, I'm coming round to Paul Grimley's point of view; two weeks, two public stonings.No analysis of the London-Sligo match,just an assassination of a current manager by a former player!Our game deserves much better.I look forward to the day when another channel is in a position to compete with RTE!!!!!

It's time for everyone to brush up on their Gaeilge and hand it over to TG4.
Spillane didn't have a clue about gps but less of a clue how a proper blanket defence works. If he thinks Cork will run through Donegals defence or Kerry will play 2 long balls and they'll be in on goal then he is living in cloud cookoo land.
Then all we had was rushed through reports on the Leinster games and London/Sligo. More action, less Spillane is what's needed.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Syferus

I think you've not been listening to the grapevine if you think that was an unfair assassination. O'Hara was pretty much dead on and will have the support of the vast majority of his county in what he said.

bigpaul

Quote from: Rossfan on May 26, 2013, 10:44:43 PM
Awful trite light tabloidesque "analysis".
Be better if they just had highlights of the games and leave it at that.
+1.

imtommygunn

If you haven't watched the game during the day the sunday game is a disaster as it misses half the scores. Spillane has not a clue what he's on about either. Leaving out good game time to listen to that. That blanket thing was embarrassing.

I wasn't that keen on the ohara thing. Those boys are meant to be objective analysts. Surely a boy like that should have enough influence that he could air that in house rather than airing that dirty linen in public.

bigpaul

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 10:52:11 PM

I think you've not been listening to the grapevine if you think that was an unfair assassination. O'Hara was pretty much dead on and will have the support of the vast majority of his county in what he said.
I never said it was an unfair assassination,read my posts more closely,just an assassination! No analysis,no other point of view,no attempt at balance and no attempt to analyse London's first win in the Connacht Championship in thirty five years! An absolute disgrace in my opinion!!!!!