The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Plus Michael Lyster spoiled the Meath v Carlow result.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Tony fcking Davis, I might have to switch to BBC
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Louth Exile

Quote from: Tubberman on June 10, 2012, 03:59:33 PM

Yup! Much and all as I like Daragh Maloney, can they please not give Davis the Bullet!

Mind you, Mark Sidebottom is some eejit, asking Mc Conville "What price the draw"!!!  ::)
Oisin was cute enough to sidestep the question
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

Finally, the girls wax positive. "It's a good game of football".

("Not a traditional Ulster type of game.")  :)

EC Unique

Is the draw for the qualifiers on tonight?

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 10, 2012, 04:26:02 PM

Yup! Much and all as I like Daragh Maloney, can they please not give Davis the Bullet!

Mind you, Mark Sidebottom is some eejit, asking Mc Conville "What price the draw"!!!  ::)

No f**king way??? Please tell me that sidebottom did not ask Oisin that??
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Orchardman

leighton glynn has a strange accent, is that how wicklow people talk? any i ever met just sounded like southside dubs, which they are i guess

Louth Exile

Quote from: NaomhBridAbĂș on June 10, 2012, 07:55:04 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on June 10, 2012, 04:26:02 PM

No f**king way??? Please tell me that sidebottom did not ask Oisin that??

No word of lie, he's some gobshite

The evening show of the SG was the usual auld showing highlights of the games we have already seen while we get about 2 mins of clips from the two games in Tullamore and other Munster semi final. Will they ever learn?!?!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

moysider

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 05, 2012, 06:17:34 PM
Spillane and Brolly are too fond of the quip. The 'smart one'.

FFS - I dunno about Wexford but did Spillane expect Longford to play like Brazil of 1970. We've come from a position of being third last in Div 4 three or so year ago (just ahead of London and Kilkenny) to a Div 2 spot and not mixing it with the second tier teams like Laois, Mayo etc. His comment on medicine balls and cones were daft and if this is analysis then fcuk me pink.

So a team that reaches an AI semi and a league final in 8 months is second tier and ranked with Laois. To bed with yourself.

Stevie g 8

Not a clue has des Cahill telling us that seanie Johnston can now play for Kildare next week  when he played a league game today for his new club when the country all know it has to be a championship game before he's eligible .how do the likes of himself and Marty get these top presenting jobs

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on June 11, 2012, 12:22:47 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 05, 2012, 06:17:34 PM
Spillane and Brolly are too fond of the quip. The 'smart one'.

FFS - I dunno about Wexford but did Spillane expect Longford to play like Brazil of 1970. We've come from a position of being third last in Div 4 three or so year ago (just ahead of London and Kilkenny) to a Div 2 spot and not mixing it with the second tier teams like Laois, Mayo etc. His comment on medicine balls and cones were daft and if this is analysis then fcuk me pink.

So a team that reaches an AI semi and a league final in 8 months is second tier and ranked with Laois. To bed with yourself.
Do you think Mayo are at top tier? takes more than just eight months football to reach that level.

Syferus

Not to feed into the Obvious trolling, but today confirmed that Kerry are, right now, behind Cork, Dublin, Tyrone and Mayo. I'd seriously fancy Donegal and Kildare to take them too.

Maybe they'll go on a repeat of 2009's run but I highly doubt that's at all likely. It feels a bit like Tyrone last year, you just know this'll be the last run-around for plenty of the cornerstones of this Kerry team.

fearglasmor

Quote from: Orchardman on June 10, 2012, 11:32:07 PM
leighton glynn has a strange accent, is that how wicklow people talk? any i ever met just sounded like southside dubs, which they are i guess

Get yourself a dvd of the TV Series Bracken or even Glenroe and have a listen to Dinny Byrne.

AZOffaly

I made the mistake of not watering the flowers at half time in the Kerry game yesterday, and stupidly listened to the half time anal-ysis. Joe Brolly needs to be taken off that job now. He contributes nothing and his insulting of lads who have all Ireland medals coming out their pockets is a disgrace. He;s not fit to lace some of their boots, yet he feels it is appropriate to call Darren O'Sullivan a selfish under 10? Gobshite. Darren O'Sullivan's pacy runs are a ploy Kerry deliberately use you eejit, and if Donaghy had rattled the net then one of those runs would have been responsible for a goal. To say he runs because he is selfish and doesn't want to pass until he runs into someone's "knee-literaly" is absolutely stupid analysis.

Then they pick 3 clips of Kerry lads soloing the ball as evidence that they don't look up, ignoring the long balls kicked into Kieran O'Leary and Gooch and Donaghy that scores came from. It's as if they have a pre-determined rant they want to go on, and then spend the entire half/game looking for examples that support their argument, ignoring anything that contradicts their prejudice.

Also, when you pick up a break, your first instinct is to secure possession, then a solo coming out of the pack, and then you look up. All of the Kerry lads they picked out did exactly that. Joe would have you believe they should win the ball and take their first solo, under pressure, while scanning the field for options. Crazy stuff altogether.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2012, 03:52:04 AM
Not to feed into the Obvious trolling, but today confirmed that Kerry are, right now, behind Cork, Dublin, Tyrone and Mayo. I'd seriously fancy Donegal and Kildare to take them too.

Maybe they'll go on a repeat of 2009's run but I highly doubt that's at all likely. It feels a bit like Tyrone last year, you just know this'll be the last run-around for plenty of the cornerstones of this Kerry team.

I don't necessarily agree. If Sheehan was playing yesterday he would have got at least 3 or 4 points from frees/45's that Kerry missed. Add in the amazing missed goal chances and Kerry could easily have won that match handsomely and we'd all be talking about the end of this Cork team! Kerry do have problems but they're not insurmountable. I'd be amazed if they don't make the semis, bar drawing Cork or Dublin in the quarters.