The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panc56

Even Cork people don't like Davis. A prat of the highest order.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jinxy on May 27, 2012, 11:51:13 PM
Marty is a weird little freak and I'm sick of looking at him.
You're not the only one. That ad for 'Championship Matters' was just awful.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

johnneycool

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 28, 2012, 07:39:16 AM

Is that the show with 'no cliché's'.

Marty has built up a career stringing cliché's together!

the Deel Rover

plus he is a sh*t commentator . i'm pretty sure i heard him say during the kerry tipp game "that was a great score by declan o'sullivan finished off by tomas o'se  ???
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 28, 2012, 09:30:42 AM

plus he is a sh*t commentator . i'm pretty sure i heard him say during the kerry tipp game "that was a great score by declan o'sullivan finished off by tomas o'se  ???

Yeah, you did. It was like this: "that was a great score by Declan O'Sullivan....(Marty shuffles through stats sheets for info about Declan O'Sullivan and camera goes to close up of scorer - Tomas Ó Sé) errr, finished off there by Tomas Ó Sé"

I thought Parkinson was grand last night.

blewuporstuffed

I thought parkinson was grand aswell. freshend the thing up abit from the ususal crap
still cant stand tony davis though
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rrhf

Parkinson was good and might utter a few controversial ones this year,  Whelan seems honest as well but maybe too nice.  Davis is piss poor.  Mc Stay isnt much better, Morrissey is needed to remind us not to use cliches.  So much so is that he is prepared to make a  show all about not using cliches within the GAA.  Should be good.   

thejuice

Colm Parkinson is alright, they should maybe give John Cullinane a spot beside him. Liven things up a bit.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Shamrock Shore

Wooly could be an asset for sure. Time to ditch Davis. Davis reminds me of Meehal Martin so on that alone he should get the flick. I don't mind McStay too much. Hate kicking Mayo people as they have enough to contend with.

I wish Whelo would stop waving the hands. Hoor waved them enough when he was playing  ;)

timmyot501

The fact that Parkinson was the "special guest" last night would suggest to me that his appearance on the Sunday Game is just a one off.  I thought he did fine too. Pity some of the others weren't there for just a one off too.  Some of the analysis is like trying to answer an exam question which you forgot was on the course resulting in pure waffle.

Rossfan

Brolly painful again yesterday. Davis awful as usual.
The contrast between the football "experts" and the hurly bucks is massive.
Farrell Loughnane etc try to analyse and al that whereas the football guys...... ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Go home ref

Colm Parkinson is a total knob

blanketattack

Parkinson was a welcome addition. He was probably too honest though. Saying Reilly was a one season wonder before now, having a go at the player who fisted over instead of going for goal and a few other criticisms at individual players. That won't go down to well in the GAA. It's fine to do that in relation to Premier League players across the water who won't even have heard of RTE but not GAA players down the road.
Also, the Meath player Brian Meade will need to have his full name called out when he's being referred to, because Meath and Meade were getting pronounced the same so it was sometimes confusing which one they meant.

Jinxy

Quote from: blanketattack on May 28, 2012, 02:52:15 PM
Parkinson was a welcome addition. He was probably too honest though. Saying Reilly was a one season wonder before now, having a go at the player who fisted over instead of going for goal and a few other criticisms at individual players. That won't go down to well in the GAA. It's fine to do that in relation to Premier League players across the water who won't even have heard of RTE but not GAA players down the road.
Also, the Meath player Brian Meade will need to have his full name called out when he's being referred to, because Meath and Meade were getting pronounced the same so it was sometimes confusing which one they meant.

He's 100% right about that though.
Question: "When are you allowed to actually go for a goal?"
Answer: "When you score it."
Otherwise, fisting it over the bar is 'the right option'.
Total cop out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orangemac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 28, 2012, 01:03:38 PM
Brolly painful again yesterday. Davis awful as usual.
The contrast between the football "experts" and the hurly bucks is massive.
Farrell Loughnane etc try to analyse and al that whereas the football guys...... ::)
+1 Hurling analysts knew what they were talking about and were interested in how the game panned out.

A lot of the football pundits think they are movie critics. Davis's opinion is worthless after he complained the Armagh Tyrone semi final in 2005 wasn't open enough.