Laois Club Referees

Started by From the Terrace, August 08, 2018, 01:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Terrace

first one black card all day ruairi o connor was dragged to ground, defender was last man. and 2nd black was a man body checked off the ball, which is a black card. only 2 black cards i think.

FiveStars

Quote from: Don Draper on August 10, 2018, 08:06:26 AM
Jesus f**king christ, thats twice in 2 posts you've laid into Moore, under the guise of "I don't mean to criticise but". He's a fine young up and coming referee, he didn't suit your team tonight, get over it, that happens to the best. Maybe if we encouraged referees in this county instead of giving them guff anonymously we wouldn't still be looking at 67 year old ones trotting between the 65's making up their own rules.

Agreed here. He's young, up and coming and will be grand with experience. It's more lads his age we need to be bringing in.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Don Draper on August 10, 2018, 10:46:56 AM
Quote from: El Jefe on August 10, 2018, 10:42:06 AM
The three black cards he gave were harsh. First one won the ball, second he wasn't even giving a foul until the Timahoe lad retaliated then but the Courtwood chap got done too and the last was a yellow. Think some refs still really need to learn the difference between what's a black and a yellow
You're doing great work with the boys there this year, have made the step up from Pauls the grandest. Try keep their feet on the ground, and they could be anything they like.
We'll have no problem keeping this teams feet on the ground. We've been hurt too many times before to assume anything.
As for Brendan Hickey, for what it's worth, I thought he got nearly everything right last night including our three black cards.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on August 10, 2018, 08:06:26 AM
Jesus f**king christ, thats twice in 2 posts you've laid into Moore, under the guise of "I don't mean to criticise but". He's a fine young up and coming referee, he didn't suit your team tonight, get over it, that happens to the best. Maybe if we encouraged referees in this county instead of giving them guff anonymously we wouldn't still be looking at 67 year old ones trotting between the 65's making up their own rules.

My team???

Far from critical to Tomas he is a decent Referee and certainly has the head to go a lot further and I hope he does.

It's human nature for a young ref to protect county players thats all it was expected.I was neutral.

The end of the game was strange anyone there will testify to that not saying the ballyfin man would or would not have buried it ...The Cretty goal should have stood before that and would have killed the game as a contest that's all I said suiting me never came into it.

I have great respect to the ref's in this county and we have some very very good ones ...Just go to a club game outside the county and you'll see how lucky we are I was at the Louth senior football semis last year and ohhh my God you wouldn't believe some of the calls!

LAOIS ABÚ

BallyroanAbu

Nostalgic but always found John Conway interesting,  I think Joe Brennan is fair enough too.  Most of them are decent they make mistakes but try to balance them out. 

Unlaoised

Quote from: FiveStars on August 10, 2018, 06:14:11 PM
According to people in the stand the reason the goal wasn't allowed was because he played advantage which resulted in the missed shot during the allocated time and then brought back for the free in which the chap marking carroll was black carded for the reason the advantage was played. Correct decision in my opinion in that incident. Yes the end result was strange. But over a minute more was played than announced by the pa man so don't think ballyfin can crib now in fairness but anyways.

Maybe correct but if i was a cretty man id be raging ..

He only played a few seconds of the allocated injury time as there was only 59 mins on the clock when disallowed goal/injury/black card stopped play for nearly 3 minutes he should have added on at least 2 more mins if not the 3 the game was stopped for thats why it seemed strange to everyone there.

Anyway minor mistake in big scheme of things.
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Keyser Söze

FiveStars-

You "agree" that Moore shouldn't be criticised anonymously online and then a day later you post this about  a referee

Quote from: FiveStars on August 11, 2018, 09:35:18 PM
Sorry now but if Eamon Strong is allowed to do any more Sfc games this year it's a disgrace. Shameful performance from him tonight.

You seem to be very well up on Moore's thought process?!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

FiveStars

Apologies... post will be deleted. Arles Kileeen were playing my own club tonight and was angry with some anticsz rant over

The PRO

Quote from: Don Draper on September 08, 2018, 03:18:08 PM
Quote from: FiveStars on September 08, 2018, 10:07:50 AM
Low ebb now it seems
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/09/08/county-board-chairman-oneill-takes-up-whistle-again-as-refereeing-crisis-intensifies/
Clubs with no referees should be penalised in some way, its a disgrace.
Dead right. 45 clubs or so should give us 45 refs. Instead you have the likes of Port with three refs propping up clubs that have none.

From the Terrace

I agree. What clubs don't have a referee? Top of my head, mountmellick, the harps, abbeyleix, Ballinakill, Ballypickas, spink, clonad, 2 arles teams.. probably a few more. Apologies if any of the above clubs have a referee.

Downtheroad

As regards referees, fair play to Port who supply well above the quota. There was a game this week where a ref had to send off the 3 mentors for verbal use from the same team. How can we expect young people to take  up the role when they see that level of hassle at a fairly harmless underage game.