snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfun

QuoteI wonder will the chickens come home to roost?

Well spotted Rufus - the deliberate mistake I mean.   ;)

I suppose your enjoyment of any television sport is relative to how much you actually like the game.

I really do get the mental strength needed for this particular tournament and I think Selby was absolutely drained at the end.

I think he knew he wasn't fit for much more as Ding was coming back strong and only for Selby's flying start, Ding would have won.

Ding deserved to win because he played the better snooker throughout the whole tournament.

Selby dragged the game right down to a slow level Ding had not been used to and it worked.

This year a lot of players fell way behind in the first couple of sessions and there was no way back despite some valiant efforts.

winghalfun

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/36191466

He seems to have relaxed a bit afterwards.

Stick to the snooker son.

ONeill

What do you make of the lad Mark Allen? Watched him with Davis earlier and he's hard to warm to.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on April 23, 2017, 12:08:14 AM
What do you make of the lad Mark Allen? Watched him with Davis earlier and he's hard to warm to.

He's opinionated to say the least. Always having a go at Barry Hearn.

Shaun Murphys shot now that was something else.

ONeill

Yep, caught most of it. Did Davis start on the offensive - as in you're not really a top level player? The comment about the oul lad on the side of the road not having 'long left' was a bit dickish

Ronnie, on the other hand, is trying hard to show that snooker isn't all that important in his life. I think that's his only way of coping.

Milltown Row2

I'm completely bored to death of Ronnie saying he hates snooker, well feck off ya dick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Selby looks like a Disney villain.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2017, 12:41:49 AM
I'm completely bored to death of Ronnie saying he hates snooker, well feck off ya dick

Yeah, nobody is asking you to play the fecking game.................well only the odd couple of thousand!

BennyCake

Donegal fan in the front row. Does Higgins have Donegal connections?

Boycey

I've never really warmed to Higgins since that whole match fixing episode. Anybody clued up enough on snooker to know the ins and outs of it, was he up to his neck in it or not?

ONeill

From the Bunker

Quote from: Boycey on April 30, 2017, 10:19:05 PM
I've never really warmed to Higgins since that whole match fixing episode. Anybody clued up enough on snooker to know the ins and outs of it, was he up to his neck in it or not?

The time he lost to Davis in the World Championships! Does not give a fcuk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HzmZtEiB5g

An Watcher

As much as I support any Irishman playing mark Allen is a knob.
Higgins is a decent fella as is Selby but love to see Higgins do it.  Must have been some price at the start of the tournament

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Watcher on May 01, 2017, 01:29:31 AM
As much as I support any Irishman playing mark Allen is a knob.
Higgins is a decent fella as is Selby but love to see Higgins do it.  Must have been some price at the start of the tournament

;D

BennyCake