Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on August 02, 2017, 11:23:31 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 02, 2017, 10:38:55 AM

Coalisland is a very tough one for us. They were missing 6 players when we beat them last week so it will be a totally different game in 2 weeks time.

Do you have many from last years team still playing Clarshack?

there's 11 from last year's starting team in the final still playing this year.  The fianna aren't missing too many from last year either.

WT4E

Anyone see the boxing footage in Galbally v Greencastle game?

One greencastle lad starts it and seems to be doing alot of boxing but gets his just desserts. I know two wrongs don't make a right but it was kind of funny - hope hes alright all the same!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on August 02, 2017, 10:01:43 AM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on August 01, 2017, 07:48:53 PM
Pomeroy have sacked Peter Doherty and Conal Sheridan. The clonoe defeat at the weekend was the final straw.

There are several clubs in Tyrone that are very sore on managers if the tenure at places like Pomeroy, Stewartstown & Ardboe are anything to go by
Carrickmore have changed their management as well. Fergal McCanns away to be replaced by Ciaran McBride.

Localexpert

Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 12:23:39 PM
Anyone see the boxing footage in Galbally v Greencastle game?

One greencastle lad starts it and seems to be doing alot of boxing but gets his just desserts. I know two wrongs don't make a right but it was kind of funny - hope hes alright all the same!

we've heard about the "people in glass houses" advice well in this lads case people with glass chins shouldnt go around throwing punches..... legs just collapsed on him.

square_ball

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 02, 2017, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on August 02, 2017, 10:01:43 AM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on August 01, 2017, 07:48:53 PM
Pomeroy have sacked Peter Doherty and Conal Sheridan. The clonoe defeat at the weekend was the final straw.

There are several clubs in Tyrone that are very sore on managers if the tenure at places like Pomeroy, Stewartstown & Ardboe are anything to go by
Carrickmore have changed their management as well. Fergal McCanns away to be replaced by Ciaran McBride.

Is McCallan still there?

Wee Roddy

McCallan is still there, it is just the coach that is changed.
In fairness there was an awful brand of football on display this past two years. I know it is debatable that it is all the coaches fault but the powers that be seem to have laid the blame with McCann

The Golden Years

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 02, 2017, 03:34:17 PM
In fairness there was an awful brand of football on display this past two years. I know it is debatable that it is all the coaches fault but the powers that be seem to have laid the blame with McCann

I would say if McCann wasn't charging money he could be still be there.  What is the point paying for something that obviously isn't working.  Seamus has to hold his hands up an accept some reasonability because after all the buck stops with him.

skeog

If God was over Carmen he would fail also.

Tyroneforsam

A few Carmen posters previously lead us to believe they were playing an attractive brand of football and not defensive as alleged by others. Seems the others may have been correct  ???

tothetop03

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on August 02, 2017, 04:04:42 PM

A few Carmen posters previously lead us to believe they were playing an attractive brand of football and not defensive as alleged by others. Seems the others may have been correct  ???
[/quot

Seen Carrickmore twice this season and they have been very Poor... Never Mind Carrickmore losing 8 league games.....

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on August 02, 2017, 04:04:42 PM

I dont think anyone ever said this.  At the beginning of the year carmen weren't playing defensive football but for some reason they started to play a brand of football that was totally alien to the players and horrible to watch.  I am not privy to who decided to implement this style and why they felt it was best for the team but what i do know it didnt work and change was necessary.

Archie53

Heard Strabane have also released their manager tough in div 1 if you not getting the results the fans expect. Strabane will win last 2 games to survive done same last year. ,

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Archie53 on August 02, 2017, 08:04:01 PM
Heard Strabane have also released their manager tough in div 1 if you not getting the results the fans expect. Strabane will win last 2 games to survive done same last year. ,

That'll not happen unless they are threw the points.

Christmas Lights

Find it baffling that Carrickmore are getting rid of coaches / managers given that their league position is exactly as it should be   

They are a mid table Division 1 club and looking at the current table, low and behold, they are currently around mid table.  At this present moment of time their best players are still Marky D Donnelly, Marty Penrose and Conor Gormley.  Probably their 3 oldest players so it shows you just where they are at the minute at senior level and have been this past 3-4 years Id say.

They have had a couple of good minor teams there but it takes time to get those boys through.  If they can get some of those players through then in a few years they may be back up competing but presently they are not close to any of the top 5-6 teams in D1. This past few seasons they have been looking over their shoulders beneath them instead of those ahead of them.  They have a favourable championship draw if memory serves me right so they could scrap a win or two in the championship.  Currently I liken them to a West Brom...... content with a mid-table finish and a couple of wins in the cup and its considered a right season.     

tothetop03

Any word on Pomeroy apponting a big  name manager??