Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clowry13

Honestly believe Tiarnan Rushe should be gave a run with the county. huge potential. McKenna cup would be ideal to see if he can make the step up.

NP 76

I think Tiarnan could do with a while at u 21 level first and needs a stone on him first

elk

Quote from: clowry13 on October 15, 2015, 10:57:41 AM
Honestly believe Tiarnan Rushe should be gave a run with the county. huge potential. McKenna cup would be ideal to see if he can make the step up.
Seriously. Thought D'arcy from the Point done better for the minors this year. Sure lets give him a run with the seniors as well !!!

Lecale Gael

Quote from: TheClutch on October 14, 2015, 03:31:09 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on October 14, 2015, 03:22:01 PM
Quote from: TheClutch on October 14, 2015, 03:12:40 PM
Quote from: Lecale Gael on October 14, 2015, 02:05:10 PM
The starting Cork side has seen better development in terms of players making the step up to senior football. Why is that ?

Down - G Joyce; M Digney, C Murney, D Turley; T Hanna (1-0), J Fitzpatrick, J Murphy; M Magee, P Fitzpatrick (0-2); E Toner (1-0), C Maginn, J O'Reilly; P Devlin (0-3, 3f), P McComiskey (0-4, 2f), C Poland. Subs: N Higgins for Digney (46)

I thought this was the case and I completely agree. From the above team I can only see four players who have played in SFC? McComiskey, P Fitzpatrick, Devlin and Maginn.
Murney , o'reilly, hanna ,Turley also played UFC or qualifiers
Ah I didn't know of these boys getting game time for seniors during championship. I always thought T Hanna showed some serious potential when playing for the U21s. Big Mick Magee dominated in the lower divisions of Down football when playing for Ardglass, and since transferred to RGU. Any one know how he fared out for them since the transfer?

Magee part of the RGU team that just got relegated to div 2
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

thewobbler

Quote from: Lecale Gael on October 15, 2015, 02:10:43 PM
Quote from: TheClutch on October 14, 2015, 03:31:09 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on October 14, 2015, 03:22:01 PM
Quote from: TheClutch on October 14, 2015, 03:12:40 PM
Quote from: Lecale Gael on October 14, 2015, 02:05:10 PM
The starting Cork side has seen better development in terms of players making the step up to senior football. Why is that ?

Down - G Joyce; M Digney, C Murney, D Turley; T Hanna (1-0), J Fitzpatrick, J Murphy; M Magee, P Fitzpatrick (0-2); E Toner (1-0), C Maginn, J O'Reilly; P Devlin (0-3, 3f), P McComiskey (0-4, 2f), C Poland. Subs: N Higgins for Digney (46)

I thought this was the case and I completely agree. From the above team I can only see four players who have played in SFC? McComiskey, P Fitzpatrick, Devlin and Maginn.
Murney , o'reilly, hanna ,Turley also played UFC or qualifiers
Ah I didn't know of these boys getting game time for seniors during championship. I always thought T Hanna showed some serious potential when playing for the U21s. Big Mick Magee dominated in the lower divisions of Down football when playing for Ardglass, and since transferred to RGU. Any one know how he fared out for them since the transfer?

Magee part of the RGU team that just got relegated to div 2

Joyce is playing goals for New York.
Murney played against Tyrone in Healy Park in 2008, and wasn't up the pace.
Turley has played a handful of Championship matches.
Hanna has come and gone from various panels - I'm not sure if he started a Championship match or not.
Peter Fitzpatrick played in AI final 2010, and has a couple of Championship seasons under his belt.
Maginn has been a Championship regular for years.
O'Reilly was pat of various Down set-ups, but going to Oz didn't help him.
PD played this season's Championship.
McComiskey was a regular on Down teams for 4-5 years after that game

---

That's 9 out of 15 who've had a petty decent stab at county football. By any standards, that's pretty good going.

By way of contrast, while Sheehan, O'Neill and Walsh have Celtic Crosses in their back pockets from 2010, if any of their other 16 players that day have made any impact on Championship ball, I must have been tuned into soccer or something else at that time.

Essentially, the only difference in development between the two sides is that Cork scored one more point than Down in 2010!

Mourne Rover

Joyce was a fine goalkeeper who was exceptionally unfortunate in his two biggest games before he went to the US. In both the MacRory final of 2006 with St Louis and the AI u21 final of 2009 with Down, his teams were two points up well into injury time. On each occasion, unstoppable last-second goals turned the result.

Tiocfaidh Ned

Quote from: SamFever on October 15, 2015, 08:05:21 PM
X v Down (after too many seasons away from home) or Down v X (a home Draw at last)

Away to Monaghan. At least we'll get a day out in Clones.

#SackSeanOg #SackChuckyNed #TimeForChange

OgraAnDun

There goes any chance of getting a decent manager - Div 1 and then Monaghan away followed by Donegal if we manage to somehow scrape by.

SHEEDY

Away again ffs. Monaghan then probably donegal, doesn't get much tougher.
nil satis nisi optimum

upthehoops

Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 15, 2015, 08:42:59 PM
There goes any chance of getting a decent manager - Div 1 and then Monaghan away followed by Donegal if we manage to somehow scrape by.
You couldn't f##king make that up

SamFever

And Gormless Danny (thinks he's God) Murphy looking as stupid as ever👿

Aristo 60

Down folk travel in good numbers anywhere they have to. It's almost like the draw gods know that  :-[

5 Sams

Quote from: SamFever on October 15, 2015, 09:02:11 PM

I have no axe to grind nor am I casting aspersions but I would be interested to know what your problem with Danny Murphy is? Just curious.
The Aristocrat Years

SamFever

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 15, 2015, 09:54:47 PM
Quote from: SamFever on October 15, 2015, 09:02:11 PM

I have no axe to grind nor am I casting aspersions but I would be interested to know what your problem with Danny Murphy is? Just curious.
His demeanour and the whole Casement fiasco just amuses and disappoints me.

Mourne Rover

We have now had ten consecutive away draws in the first or preliminary round of the USC, which must be some sort of record. When we previously got what should have been home ties, in 06, 03 and 01, we were ordered to play in Casement Park. The last time we were actually at home in our first game was in 1999. We have to go to the defending Ulster champions in 2016 and we need a new manager and probably about half a new team. It must be our year at last.