Football All Stars 2019

Started by Estimator, August 05, 2019, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 10:00:23 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 09:57:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 09:47:05 PM
Imo Walsh turned that game. Can't kick a ball any more but can win it and lay it off well. If Tyrone were prepared I think they'd have had a way to cut it out but caught them cold. All depends what players you have available whether it would work or not.

He certainly made a huge chance but Deegan had changed the flow of the game at that point, Tyrone should have been 6 or 7 up and it's a different game then.

;D

Tyrone really struggled with him anything to do with reffing aside though. he really can't kick a ball any more though.

They did, Hampsey has been struggling all year with an injury and picked him up, perhaps we should have had Colm Cavanagh pick him up.

Bar Hampsey and McNamee we don't really have many other physical markers and it's something Harte will need to be looking at in the coming weeks at club championship, our other defensive alternatives in the squad like McLaughlin, Rafferty, B Burns and HP McGeary aren't the biggest.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Yeah you do miss big joe or Justin McMahon at times like that.

tonto1888

Imo Walsh turned that game. Can't kick a ball any more but can win it and lay it off well. If Tyrone were prepared I think they'd have had a way to cut it out but caught them cold. All depends what players you have available whether it would work or not.

He certainly made a huge chance but Deegan had changed the flow of the game at that point, Tyrone should have been 6 or 7 up and it's a different game then.

Maybe you should look at the misses from easy chances by McShane, Donnelly and Sludden. And the fact a loose pass from your number 6 led directly to the Kerry goal.  There's a 6 point swing right there

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 17, 2019, 08:27:54 AM

Maybe you should look at the misses from easy chances by McShane, Donnelly and Sludden. And the fact a loose pass from your number 6 led directly to the Kerry goal.  There's a 6 point swing right there

I fee like I'm consistently having to repeat myself.

I have looked at that, countless times including my first contributions after the game I have said we have ourselves to blame, we crumbled in the major part of the game, our misses and mistakes and crucial stages cost us. It's not the first time it has happened and this group have to look at themselves in this regard. Tyrone have themselves to blame in that regard.

There's two independent points here - one how Tyrone managed to throw that game away, covered above.

The second is Maurice Deegan and how he kept Kerry in that match when they were struggling badly. Apparently you feel that because Tyrone made mistakes and wilted near the end that means it should quash any scrutiny over some disgraceful and completely irrational decision making from Deegan that consistently benefitted one side for 70 minutes You seem to be saying that as long as the other side makes some mistakes then it's ok not to look at Deegan.

Kerry made some atrocious errors in the first half, Tyrone went in with a 4 point lead after completely dominating it, the second half started in a similar manner, Tyrone were well on top of it for the first 20 minutes of the first half but the gap had actually narrowed to 2 points rather than extend out further, all down to Maurice Deegan and when Kerry really got on top in the last 15 minutes, Deegan's performance for Kerry did not drop one bit.

It's not sour grapes about the defeat, there's only 2 times in the past 5 campaigns I would have had serious grievances with a refereeing performance in a Tyrone defeat, both Maurice Deegan, both against Kerry and both decisive for Kerry.

The worst refereeing performances we've had this year (prior to Sunday) have been in games we won, I thought we were badly done in both the Cavan and Roscommon games this year, I would have said as much after even though we won comfortably. We were well beaten by Donegal in Ulster this year, I had no real complaints about the referee, Peter Harte got an incorrect black card but it was an isolated mistake which I can appreciate and understand happen in matches.

tonto1888

I agree that deegan is a poor ref. I have some complaints over his handling of our game against mayo but as with that day, Tyrone didn't lose because of him but because of their own short comings.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 17, 2019, 12:06:25 PM
Tyrone didn't lose because of him but because of their own short comings.

Tyrone may not have lost because of him but Kerry won because of him.

Rossfan

The Comedy continues.
I haven't laughed so much since I don't know when.
Keep it up Angelo ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: Angelo on August 17, 2019, 02:01:45 PM

;D

Is there any room on the referees assessor committee for you?

tonto1888

Not at all. Kerry won because they were better second half while Tyrone crumbled

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 17, 2019, 06:11:18 PM

Not at all. Kerry won because they were better second half while Tyrone crumbled

Tyrone were the better teams for 50+ minutes of that game. Deegan ensured that Kerry stayed in touch in that period.

It's not that hard to grasp.

That does not mean Tyrone didn't not play their own role in losing that game, they were certainly architects for their own downfall but when Kerry were helped out massively by Deegan in their struggles in their first 50 minutes and that was pivotal.

imtommygunn

Everyone else doesn't grasp it  ;D

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

imtommygunn

Armagh18

Don't envy whoever is gonna be picking the forward line. Clifford, SOS, COC, McShane, Mannion, Murphy, O'Brien, Rock, Howard, Scully. Who the F misses out?