sport related quotes

Started by Minus15, November 30, 2008, 09:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

The quotes about the irish thread got me thinking. There's some great football related quotes. Im sure everyone knows a few. Controversial, commentator gaffes or funny interviews. here's some of the one's i can remember.

"We reckon Carlton covers every blade of grass. But then I suppose you ould have to when your first touch is that crap!"
Ex Southampton boss Dave Jones on midfielder Carlton Palmer

Interviewer: Gordon, could we have a quick word?
Gordon Strachan: Velocity

Peter Crouch, on Soccer AM when asked what he would have been if he wasnt a footballer, replied, "Probably a Virgin"

Rio Ferdinand, interviewed after scoring against Liverpool: "Goal of the Month"

The legendary Jeff Stelling: "They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight."

David Pleat after a cross come shot from Aaron lennon: I don't know whether that was a good bad one or a bad good one.

plus endless lines from dunphy and co

Minder

I heard one attributed to Rio Ferdinand lately there,something along the lines of Neville "taking on the mantlepiece"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rav67

Jamie Redknapp on sky a few weeks ago: "With the large distance he's had to travel this week I'm not sure what state of mind Ricardo Fuller's body will be in today"

Lar Naparka

" The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey "
Attributed to Peter Ratcliffe, the BBC sports commentator who was known for his double meaning  comments.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

pedro

Quote from: Minus15 on November 30, 2008, 09:27:59 PM
Interviewer: Gordon, could we have a quick word?
Gordon Strachan: Velocity

Strachan had some great ones alright. Following a defeat as manager of Southampton he was asked what specific areas did he think his team where outplayed. His instant reply: "That big green one out there"  :D
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

BennyHarp

Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli when a reporter mentioned to him that his team had 73% possession in their 3-0 defeat by Uruguay! 

Sampaoli said: "One night, I went to a bar, I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers
"At around 5am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn't matter, because I had most of the possession on that night."
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Gordon McQueen "Football is all about money and greed and everyone's involved in it."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

StephenC

These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."
Charles Barkley

muppet

RTE Radio: You are getting on a bit now, are you finding it hard to last 90 minutes these days?
Willie Joe Padden: No.
RTE Radio: Why is that Willie Joe?
WJP: We play only 70 minutes in Gaelic Football.
MWWSI 2017

tiempo

Put the lotion in the basket
Buffalo Bill