China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 03, 2020, 10:20:58 AM
Better immune systems?

That's an interesting one.

I still think this thing is very far from being understood by anyone - experts included.

Less use of antibiotics maybe??

LeoMc

Quote from: johnnycool on September 03, 2020, 10:26:11 AM
Better immune systems?

I still think this thing is very far from being understood by anyone - experts included.

A smaller susceptible population.
Younger population?
Fewer people with underlying health conditions Including smokers and overweight people?

Jeepers Creepers

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on September 03, 2020, 10:26:11 AM
Better immune systems?

Another theory. People with underlying conditions etc maybe haven't survived this long so they haven't been taken by covid but by something else. "Privileged" countries have never had that survival of the fittest problem before but do now whereas a lot of african nations have had that?

Who knows :o

Cunny Funt

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 03, 2020, 08:57:23 AM
Also why does it take that long? (I'm sure there are perfectly valid reasons but I just don't know what they are)

When they report that death they don't tend to report it from two months ago and it makes it sound like it's recent which it's not and I find that is a bit misleading.

Hospital deaths from covid tends to get reported quicker. Families in no rush to register deaths seems to be the cause for late reporting.

imtommygunn

21 out breaks in care homes up north now. 3 more since yesterday. Oh dear.

Tony Baloney

Sounds like test sites are being overrun by arseholes with no symptoms. I know someone who was at one today and it was full of people carriers with piles of weans getting tested.

thewobbler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 03, 2020, 06:05:55 PM
Sounds like test sites are being overrun by arseholes with no symptoms. I know someone who was at one today and it was full of people carriers with piles of weans getting tested.

Would they not be there due to contact tracing?

Rossfan

HSE estimating up to 1,000 clowns per day not turning up for tests :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

I see some are moaning that people who don't pay tax can't avail of the tax relief for hospitality spend!

It's a good idea overall, hope it works well and hotels and restaurants see the benefit in the 'shoulder season'.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on September 03, 2020, 07:08:45 PM

It was on the news yesterday that at one site (numbers could be a bit off here) only 63 out of 800 attendees met the criteria for testing I.e. cough, temp etc.

Kidder81

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 03, 2020, 07:55:31 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 03, 2020, 07:08:45 PM

It was on the news yesterday that at one site (numbers could be a bit off here) only 63 out of 800 attendees met the criteria for testing I.e. cough, temp etc.

They are there so the parent can get the wean slung back into school after a negative test so they don't have to self isolate, even though pupils are treated as a bubble so if one has it the whole class has to self isolate, regardless of negative test.

CitySlicker11

What about loss of smell as a symptom, how would they verify those that show up with that? If people want to take a test for peace of mind there doesn't appear to be any way to stop them doing so.

Kidder81

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 03, 2020, 08:46:31 PM
What about loss of smell as a symptom, how would they verify those that show up with that? If people want to take a test for peace of mind there doesn't appear to be any way to stop them doing so.

They can refuse it if they state there are no symptoms but easy way round it is to say you have symptoms

thewobbler

Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2020, 08:51:20 PM
Schools are back at it, why is the traffic still very light?

A huge percentage of the cars in Belfast City centre would be NICS or BCC. Thems the ones with all the covered parking spaces in BT1 and BT2.