Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Esmarelda

Did anyone see Joe being interviewed by Dáire O Cinneide on GAA Nua a week ago?

It went something like this:

JB - What is the Super 8 doing for grassroots? Even calling it the Super 8......
DOC - Well it wasn't the GAA that called it that.......
JB - ....(confused look).........well it was inevitable that it was going to be called that.

Captain Scarlet

In fairness that lad on Joe gas got talent and he actually scripts it well too. There is a bit of truth in it as well...
Their one viewer Mr Richard Clerkin... 😛
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

longballin

He's brilliant at Ger Loughnane...

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 15, 2017, 04:40:47 PM
In fairness that lad on Joe gas got talent and he actually scripts it well too. There is a bit of truth in it as well...

You mean Dick Clerkin?

yellowcard

It's a great sketch and he's great at Brollys mannerisms even if the accent is a bit off. Loughnane is hilarious.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on July 15, 2017, 09:30:15 PM

It's a great sketch and he's great at Brollys mannerisms even if the accent is a bit off. Loughnane is hilarious.
He had a line that went

"You have some neck on you Ger, ha"
"I have no neck ha"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Seany

We've seen less and less of Joe Brolly this year on RTE. Hopefully they've seen him for the bluffer he is (Galway are shite, tell a story, use big words) Watching SKY yesterday showed what analysis could be when it is done properly. Peter Canavan brilliant. James Horan excellent. They just cover the game!  No insults, no personal attacks, no rambling stories, no egotistical posturing and no raindrops on the camera ffs.

5 Sams

Quote from: Seany on July 16, 2017, 08:49:12 AM
We've seen less and less of Joe Brolly this year on RTE. Hopefully they've seen him for the bluffer he is (Galway are shite, tell a story, use big words) Watching SKY yesterday showed what analysis could be when it is done properly. Peter Canavan brilliant. James Horan excellent. They just cover the game!  No insults, no personal attacks, no rambling stories, no egotistical posturing and no raindrops on the camera ffs.

Don't forget Rachael :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

sam03/05

Sky coverage is miles ahead of RTE - proper analysis of games. Although McGuiness is a loss to their coverage. I don't get the anti sky agenda - any time I go to watch something on RTE player it says available island of Ireland only despite the fact that I live in the fking island!
Also just get a fking fire stick l :)

Syferus

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 16, 2017, 11:50:22 PM
Sky coverage is miles ahead of RTE - proper analysis of games. Although McGuiness is a loss to their coverage. I don't get the anti sky agenda - any time I go to watch something on RTE player it says available island of Ireland only despite the fact that I live in the fking island!
Also just get a fking fire stick l :)

It's not surprising that most of the praise for Sky is coming from Tyrone homers and other Ulster counties Joe has offended.

If Sky is better than RTÉ, some here are easily amused by a touch screen and a pretty lady.