Kerry v Cork - 2008 Munster final

Started by Kerry Mike, June 26, 2008, 08:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yep granted. I'd love to see Armagh Dublin though as I think that Dublin possibly believe to win the AI they've only to beat Kerry. Armagh would be a massive test for them - one which I'm not sure they'd get over...

tyssam5

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2008, 09:16:34 PM
Kerry have always struggled for a FB - their last three have been corner backs(Moynihan, McCarthy and O'Sullivan) so at some stage this was going to come back and haunt them.

Also you do often wonder whether Kerry have had a shrewd tactician in charge in the last while. It'll be a test of O'Se. The simple fact of the matter is that it is not tactics that have made them better than other teams it's the fact that they are made up of considerably better footballers than any other team. The only one tactical move you could really point to in the last few years is moving Donaghy to the square.

It'll be interesting to see if Marc O'se gets his red card rescinded. If he does I think they'll still take Sam but if not I think their full back line is too frail - unless they get easy draws while he's suspended.

The two games I'd love to see later on in the championship is Armagh v Dublin and then the winners of that versus Kerry.

(If Dara O'Se had went on to Cussen I reckon he'd have emptied him pretty quickly!)

Will that matter? Assuming he gets a month, would he miss a game?

mackers

Tysam he would miss the first qualifer that Kerry would be involved in. It's down for the first weekend in August.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

The qualifiers is a real nest of Vipers, hope we avoid them and Kerry get Meath - which could very well be the end of Kerry's season.

magickingdom

Quote from: bennydorano on July 09, 2008, 02:46:48 PM
The qualifiers is a real nest of Vipers, hope we avoid them and Kerry get Meath - which could very well be the end of Kerry's season.

dream on

D4S

Down to beat Offaly in round 1, then get drawn against the winners of derry and monaghan in round 2, beat them and get great confidence.....then face Kerry in the final qulifier tie in Newry! Would be brilliant to get playing Kerry in Newry, would give us a great look at how much or little Down have progressed, and we'd see how Kerry would fancy a long trip up the road to Newry.  Considering we've never made the all ireland quarter finals since the change in structure there would be no pressure on Down, and a huge home support versus about 100 Kerry people....would be an interesting game!   I for 1 would love it! ;)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

johnpower

Quote from: D4S on July 09, 2008, 06:46:16 PM
Down to beat Offaly in round 1, then get drawn against the winners of derry and monaghan in round 2, beat them and get great confidence.....then face Kerry in the final qulifier tie in Newry! Would be brilliant to get playing Kerry in Newry, would give us a great look at how much or little Down have progressed, and we'd see how Kerry would fancy a long trip up the road to Newry.  Considering we've never made the all ireland quarter finals since the change in structure there would be no pressure on Down, and a huge home support versus about 100 Kerry people....would be an interesting game!   I for 1 would love it! ;)

I thought it was neutral venues for the qualifiers . I will be one of the hundred if it comes to pass although on recent form and previous history we havent a hope in hell

magickingdom

first out of the hat have home advantage (so long as they have a ground that suitable) this year john..

Rossfan

Only in Rounds 1 and 2.
Third Round will be neutral venues - presumably to allow for the possibility of a Croke Park Double header if the "right" teams make it that far. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

full back

Quote from: D4S on July 09, 2008, 06:46:16 PM
Would be brilliant to get playing Kerry in Newry, would give us a great look at how much or little Down have progressed

Did your last day out in Clones not answer this question ???

armaghniac

QuoteWould be brilliant to get playing Kerry in Newry

It would be good to see this, either Kerry would get beaten or Down would have to stop blowing about always beating Kerry.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

timmykelleher

John O'Keefe in the Irish times:
"BOTH TEAMS deserve fair credit here for producing a game worthy of the occasion, and even if it wasn't the best game of the summer, at least it had two teams really going for it - something possibly missing from last Sunday's Munster final, writes John O'Keefe ."

The fecking cheek!
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009