The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: give her dixie on July 01, 2014, 06:10:41 PM
Recording of teen's emergency call released. Audio of call placed by Gilad Shaar to police on night of kidnapping catches his plea, 'They kidnapped me,' followed by shouts and gunshots.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.602442/1.602442

They knew all along the boys were dead, but yet Netanyahu put up a charade for 3 weeks telling the world Hamas kidnapped them and they were going to find them and bring them home. That lie led to what we see in Gaza right now.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on July 26, 2014, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on July 01, 2014, 06:10:41 PM
Recording of teen's emergency call released. Audio of call placed by Gilad Shaar to police on night of kidnapping catches his plea, 'They kidnapped me,' followed by shouts and gunshots.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.602442/1.602442

They knew all along the boys were dead, but yet Netanyahu put up a charade for 3 weeks telling the world Hamas kidnapped them and they were going to find them and bring them home. That lie led to what we see in Gaza right now.
Which is at least 40 dead israeli soldiers, 25% approval among americans 18-29, the strengthening of hamas, a massive generational split amongst jews in the US and international outrage. Sumud 1 Hasbara 0.

give her dixie

I went back a number of pages to when the news broke about the discovery of the 3 settlers who went missing.

It was crystal clear from then that Israel were hell bent on doing what they have now done. And they are not finished....

It starts from here

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=22339.1635

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on July 26, 2014, 09:34:30 PM
I went back a number of pages to when the news broke about the discovery of the 3 settlers who went missing.

It was crystal clear from then that Israel were hell bent on doing what they have now done. And they are not finished....

It starts from here

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=22339.1635
it goes back to april when hamas made up with fatah. Israel decided then to act. The teenagers were the catalyst.But now Israel is stuck. Very difficult for hasbara.

give her dixie

Quote from: Itchy on July 26, 2014, 07:42:11 PM
Fair enough Dixie, you have decent backup for your boycot. I just think where do you draw the line. If u were to rake that stance and include every conflict I expect you'd have to boycot everyone. Would you not be better off get all your gang together and sit at every entrance to the Israeli embassy and let no one in or out.

If it was up to me Itchy I would chase them out and turn the Embassy into a museum showing what they got up to in Palestine, and what hey did to the people and their land !!

On boycotting, that was a call from numerous groups and individuals in Palestine asking for people and Governments to BDS Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions. It was their call that got the support that BDS now has. When the women walked out of Dunnes stores did anyone thing it would lead to where it did?

As we have seen over the past 2 weeks, the Governments have let the Palestinians down, and that ordinary people worldwide are the ones making the shift. Trust me, the BDS movement is rolling now at a pace taht can't be stopped. After the past 2 weeks, it's only going to grow.

I am one of very few people who keeps on bringing up Caterpillar. Up until the NI Assembly and Invest NI decided to throw our money at them, every Pro Palestinian group in Ireland were targeting Caterpillar.  Then, it was dropped like a hot potato because no one was going to question the grant because to a large extent, Sinn Fein control most groups. They control the message.

Caterpillar do more damage in Palestine that any other weapon, and they top every activists list of companies to boycott. Sadly, not in Ireland though.

dferg

Flag calling for a bi-national state. In the anti-war protest in Tel Aviv

http://instagram.com/p/q7Hp5KI0Vq/

rossiewanderer

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 26, 2014, 07:53:06 PM
Some great speeches outside the Israeli embassy today. Claire Daly in particular spoke very well. There was also a live link up to Gaza.

I think it was also announced that members of the Mandate union that worked in supermarkets would not stack shelves with Israeli goods.

In our hundreds, in our millions, we are all Palestinians

Claire Daly is a busy woman,Scaling fences in Shannon Airport one week and chief orator outside the Israeli Embassy the next.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rossiewanderer on July 26, 2014, 10:18:03 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 26, 2014, 07:53:06 PM
Some great speeches outside the Israeli embassy today. Claire Daly in particular spoke very well. There was also a live link up to Gaza.

I think it was also announced that members of the Mandate union that worked in supermarkets would not stack shelves with Israeli goods.

In our hundreds, in our millions, we are all Palestinians

Claire Daly is a busy woman,Scaling fences in Shannon Airport one week and chief orator outside the Israeli Embassy the next.

She has more balls than that waste of space Charlie Flanagan, I though the previous government was bad when they should have taken severe action against the Israeli ambassador, but we are now so gutless we abstain on crucial votes in europe. Next FG p***k that calls to my door is going to get a serious bollocking.

give her dixie

Ernest Rosenthal, a 95-year-old Holocaust survivor, demonstrates in solidarity with Gaza in LA, California. Respect for humanity

Sidney

Quote from: rossiewanderer on July 26, 2014, 10:18:03 PM

Politicians tend to be busy people (apart from those who are in Fianna Fail). No flies on you.

Eamonnca1

Massive protest in San Francisco today. Must have been thousands at it. Bunch of Zionist hecklers didn't stay for long when they saw how big it was getting.

give her dixie

Before our very eyes, over the past 2 weeks, we have witnessed the death of humanity.

rossiewanderer

Quote from: give her dixie on July 27, 2014, 02:54:43 AM
Before our very eyes, over the past 2 weeks, we have witnessed the death of humanity.

At least it has been witnessed by the world and their is a humanitarian presence.Hopefully for
the innocent victims of Gaza some of the foreign Aid finds its way through to the people.
This appears unlikely as Hamas have broken the humanitarian ceasefire and are firing rockets into Israel.And so the cycle of death returns again.

AZOffaly

You might actually be seeing the rise of it GHD. It's awful that it had to happen, but it seems the message is getting through around the world. Israel is the definition of a rogue state at the moment.

seafoid

Quote from: rossiewanderer on July 27, 2014, 08:39:07 AM

At least it has been witnessed by the world and their is a humanitarian presence.Hopefully for
the innocent victims of Gaza some of the foreign Aid finds its way through to the people.
This appears unlikely as Hamas have broken the humanitarian ceasefire and are firing rockets into Israel.And so the cycle of death returns again.
Israel is doing the killing.