The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dferg

Quote from: whitey on July 24, 2014, 12:26:34 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on July 24, 2014, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: whitey on July 24, 2014, 03:57:17 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on July 23, 2014, 11:52:33 PM
What we have seen unfold before our eyes, and continue to see, is genocide, funded and supported by the USA and the EU.

How they can sit back and continue to give Israel their full support is inhumane in the extreme. Jon snow summed it up well on Monday when he said that if this was going on anywhere else in the world, there would be outrage.

The tentacles of Zionism have spread far and wide and it now controls so many politicians and Governments. They are now powerless to act or condemn Israel for what they are at.

I just saw the news and 695 have now been killed, 4,500 injured, 120,000 people now refugees for a 2nd time on their land, and there is no knowning how many homes have been destroyed.

The media, fed by Israel, tell us how many rockets are launched by the various resistance groups in Gaza, but never tell us how many airstrikes and bombs are fired from land sea and air. The other night they were dropping bombs every 5 seconds. They boasted yesterday about dropping 120 one tonne bombs on one town. They killed a child an hour for the past 24 hours.

Fatah and the PA are toothless and the vast majority of Palestinians in the West Bank want rid of them. Also, the vast majority of Palestinians are fully behind the resistance groups in Gaza fighting the 4th largest army in the world. Hamas have never been stronger, and they are putting up some fight along with the others. 29 of the 31 Israelis killed so far have been occupation soldiers, and they have also captured one and he been held somewhere deep underground no doubt. Israel have killed over 80% civilians, and they are the ones with the best equipment the US taxpayer can give them.

When Israel killed the 4 boys on the beach in front of the worlds media, they sent a message to show that they can kill who they want, when they want, where they want, and get away with it all. 24 hours later they cranked things up and we are where we are now. And still no leader has stood up and condemned them as the bodies pile up. shameless.

Hamas have set out their demands for a ceasefire. Lift the siege, allow travel to the west bank, and release the prisoners that were recently arrested. Every Palestinian is behind those demands, and there is nothing unreasonable about them. Hamas held to the ceasefire since 2012, and it was Israel who broke it hundreds of times. They also killed 70 Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza in the past year. And what do people talk about? Rockets, rockets, rockets, and more rockets. Those who slabber on all the time about rockets never back up their claims with any evidence. They just keep on repeating Israeli hasbara.

Israel started this agression. They used the kidnapping of the 3 settlers to ramp up all the hatred and thirst for blood and war. They knew the boys were killed the night they were captured, yet they put a media ban on that fact and spent the next 19 days telling the world that Hamas did it, and they were looking to bring them back alive. They went on a murderous rampage through the West Bank arresting hundreds and raids thousands of homes. They have still to provide one shred of evidence as to who killed the boys. In fact, they are not even mentioned.

Israel picked this fight, and to their surprise, they are getting their fill of it on the ground in Gaza. They are not so brave now when they are on the ground one on one. The Palestinians have said that they either die a fast death now, or surrender and die a slow death. 7 years of a brutal siege, 3 full blown attacks on them that has left over 2,300 dead, 10,000+ injured, and their infastructure destroyed. Plus, they have been abandoned by the western world.

Hamas might not be some peoples cup of tea on here, but to the Palestinians, they are all they have and they are fully behind them. For me, right now they and the various resistance groups have my full support as they fight against the most evil and brutal regime in the world right now.

Israel may have the might, but the Palestinians have right on their side. The occupier never give you your rights, they have to be fought for. Right now that is what the Palestinians are fighting for, and I fully support that fight.

Viva Palestina

GHD......what's your opinion of Sharia Law. That's one of Hamas major initiatives....would you like your wife and daughters to live under such a regime
I would say that to most Palestinians that is a question for further down the line.  the more immediate question is would you like your wife and daughters to live.

Its absolutely relevant to the current discussion.  Hamas is an enemy with no borders, boundaries or morals. The savagery of Islamic Jihad is clear for all to see and needs to be dealt with with a swift and brutal response. The fact that Hamas draw this unto themselves and their civilian population seems to be lost on a lot of the posters on this blog
The fact that blowing up hospitals, schools, unarmed people walking around looking for dead relatives, children playing football on a deserted beach will not lead to peace but to more anger seems to be lost on you.

The same anger we are seeing now in Iraq and Afganistan.

give her dixie

Witnesses and survivors from UNRWA school contend that the Red Cross asked them to gather in the school yard, then Israel targeted the yard!
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Israeli forces have shelled a UN school in Beit Hanoun, killing dozens of civilians who had taken shelter there with Israel's coordination, a Ma'an reporter in Gaza said.

The shelling of the school, which is affiliated with the UN's Palestine refugee agency UNRWA, is the fourth time in two days that Israeli forces have bombed schools serving as shelters for the displaced in the besieged Gaza Strip.

Earlier in the day, UNRWA spokesman Chris Gunness said on Twitter that three teachers for the UN agency had been killed, marking the first deaths among UNRWA workers.

"The 1st UNRWA fatalities in #Gaza; 3 teachers. 2 women, 1 man killed along with family members by incoming fire. 2 women while in residences," Gunness tweeted.

"Losing a colleague is hard to bear. Losing a colleague in these circumstances is unbearable."

The attacks brought Thursday's total number of deaths to more than 80, as dozens of Palestinians have been killed as Israel continued its bombardment from land, air, and sea.

More than 750 Palestinians have been killed since Israel launched its attack on the Gaza Strip 17 days ago, the majority since the ground began last week.

Gaza-based rights groups have said that the vast majority of those killed are civilians, including nearly 200 children.

Earlier on Thursday, four bodies were pulled from the rubble of buildings in Khuzaa, where dozens were killed in heavy Israeli shelling over night.

The bodies were later identified as Rasmi Abu Reida, Muhammad Abu Yousif , Ahmad Qudeih and Rami Qudeih.

Israeli airstrikes also killed seven Palestinians in western Kkhan Younis. Gaza Ministry of Health spokesman Al-Qidra said that an airstrike killed Ahmad Abdul-Karim, Ahmad Hasan and Muhammad Ismail Khader there.

He added that Ahmad al-Mashhadi and Ahmad Khadir were killed in another raid on Khan Younis.

Earlier, he announced that bodies of Anas Akram Skafi, 18, and his twin brother Saad were removed from rubble in Shujaiyya, the site of the killing of nearly 70 Palestinians in one day over the weekend.

Emergency teams on Thursday also managed to remove the body of a dead woman, identified as Alal Khalil Abu Ayda, and three injured people from the rubble of a home belonging to the al-Bardini family which Israeli missiles demolished earlier in the city of al-Zahraa in the central Gaza Strip.

Al-Qidra said earlier that five Palestinian men were killed by two separate Israeli airstrikes on a motorcycle and a tuk-tuk (auto-rickshaw) in Abasan al-Kabira east of Khan Younis.

Medical sources identified four of the victims as Nabil Shihdah Qudeih, Nadir Suleiman Qudeih, Bakir Fathi Qudeih, and Ismail Hasan Abu Rjeila.

Two children were injured in Gaza City after an Israeli airstrike hit home of al-Ghusein family.

Earlier, a man was injured as a result of an Israeli airstrike on home of Saadi Daloul in Salah al-Din Street in the central Gaza Strip.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=715952&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Agent Orange

There is only one solution to the Israeli problem.

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/jul/24/gaza-crisis-palestinian-death-toll-passes-700-live-updates

Israel's finance minister Naftali Bennett has given an unapologetic interview to Sky News, accusing Hamas of using their own civilians as human shields, adding that "you fight back - there is now proportionality when you fight terror."
Asked about growing support for Hamas in the face of increasing bloodshed in Gaza, he called supporters of Hamas "immoral", adding:
We want to live side by side, it's them who are running after us. We handed them the land and they turned it into a fortress of terror.

Here is a previous interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMG7Fze6sgQ
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

give her dixie

give her dixie

Two leading intellectuals make separate and eloquent cases that the people of Gaza have the right to resist by any means – including by firing rockets – Israel's efforts to slowly extinguish their right to self-determination, and possibly to life itself. They argue that the Palestinians have this right most certainly at a moral level, but also almost certainly at the level of international law

http://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2014-07-24/a-legal-and-moral-case-for-hamas-rocket-fire/#sthash.FWBQkPbc.dpuf

whitey

GHD....I appreciate that we have been able to conduct a civil dialogue and challenge each others views in an adult manner.

This whole tragedy is spinning out of control and unfortunately the civilians are caught in the middle

The advent of social media is bringing the horror of what is unfolding into everyones lives in a way that would have been unimaginable a decade ago

All our opinions are formed by our own life experiences.....yours have obviously been quite different to mine. (I have close family members who serve in the US Military...my nephew is currently deployed in Afghanistan.  I was also at the Boston Marathon last year, and experienced first hand what happens when an ideology morphs and gets warped to become the antithesis of what is at its core.)

Lets hope that the horror that has been unfolding will be the tipping point that leads to some sort of a permanent solution.  There is wrongdoing on BOTH sides and both sides will HAVE to make accommodations to bring this to a conclusion

J OGorman

Quote from: whitey on July 24, 2014, 04:32:52 PM
GHD....I appreciate that we have been able to conduct a civil dialogue and challenge each others views in an adult manner.

This whole tragedy is spinning out of control and unfortunately the civilians are caught in the middle

The advent of social media is bringing the horror of what is unfolding into everyones lives in a way that would have been unimaginable a decade ago

All our opinions are formed by our own life experiences.....yours have obviously been quite different to mine. (I have close family members who serve in the US Military...my nephew is currently deployed in Afghanistan.  I was also at the Boston Marathon last year, and experienced first hand what happens when an ideology morphs and gets warped to become the antithesis of what is at its core.)

Lets hope that the horror that has been unfolding will be the tipping point that leads to some sort of a permanent solution.  There is wrongdoing on BOTH sides and both sides will HAVE to make accommodations to bring this to a conclusion

its not as black and white as that surely? zero wrong doing from the majority of the Palestine's killed ie woman and children

whitey

Quote from: J OGorman on July 24, 2014, 04:51:43 PM

its not as black and white as that surely? zero wrong doing from the majority of the Palestine's killed ie woman and children

To clarify- "both sides" means HAMAS and ISRAEL

seafoid

Israel is losing the argument in US media now after shelling the shelter. Netanyahu set off a war he can't stop. The Israeli army tried to blame the latest massacre on Hamas but twitterers didn't buy it. Zionism is reprehensible.
And in big trouble on social media. Mj rosenberg's twitter feed is really interesting today.

seafoid

https://twitter.com/MJayRosenberg

MJ (Mike) Rosenberg @MJayRosenberg     ·   44m   

In DC and suburbs every synagogue posts this in front: "We Stand With Israel In Its Struggle For Peace & Security." SHAMEFUL LIE.

MJ (Mike) Rosenberg @MJayRosenberg     ·   47m   

Berkeley rabbi: I'm cool with all those dead kids and I won't apologize for it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-menachem-creditor/im-done-apologizing-for-i_b_5606650.html ...

RealSpiritof98

All our opinions are formed by our own life experiences.....yours have obviously been quite different to mine. (I have close family members who serve in the US Military...my nephew is currently deployed in Afghanistan. I was also at the Boston Marathon last year, and experienced first hand what happens when an ideology morphs and gets warped to become the antithesis of what is at its core.)

Would love to hear your experience Whitey, some very interesting conspiracy theories RE Boston Bomb backed up with some shocking CCTV evidence. I take them all with a pinch of Salt, however there's something now right about the two brothers, sneaky feeling they were set up in some way.